- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 1911?
- 2 Reason behind the error QuickBooks Error 1911
- 3 How to fix QuickBooks Error 1911?
- 4 FAQs
- 4.1 What is the automatic method to resolve the error?
- 4.2 Do I need to implement all the above solutions?
- 4.3 How to fix the security settings of the installation directory to rectify QuickBooks error 1911?
- 4.4 What methods do I need to know to fix QuickBooks error 1911 in fewer time frames?
- 4.5 How to check and change the setup editor settings to get rid of frustrating error 1911 in QuickBooks?
What is QuickBooks Error 1911?
At times while using QuickBooks software, we come across some installation errors in quickbooks while the process is going on or is just about the begin. These problems hinder the progress of our work and frustrate us. One of such error is QuickBooks Error 1911. This error occurs at times of installing or updating your QuickBooks Desktop. The message displayed on the screen goes like this- ‘Error 1911: Cannot register type library for file’.
You have to resolve this quickbooks error so that you can continue working with it. There are solutions below that help you fix the QuickBooks error 1911. You just have to follow the steps to get it done.
Reason behind the error QuickBooks Error 1911
- Error occurs at time of installing or updating the QuickBooks Desktop.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1911?
There are many ways to fix the QuickBooks Error 1911, we are going to explore a few of them below:
1. Solution One
This task involves some quick steps to be followed. Make sure that you do not miss any of them:
- Go to the Chrome browser, download PSExec file and extract it to a location from where you can use it later.
- Place the QuickBooks installer file in the same folder or create a new folder you can refer to.
- Now, launch an elevated command prompt
- Go to the PSExec/QuickBooks directory
- In order to surpass the error 1911, it’s required to run QuickBooks installation as ‘System’ by accessing: psexec-i-s [QuickBooks Installer]
- Now follow the directions on your screen.
- Error 1911 should not appear this time.
2. Solution Two : Follow the steps given below:
- We will need to install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and uninstall Flash Player
- Now, follow these steps:
- Press Windows+R key
- Go to control panel and click Okay
- Click on Uninstall a program
- Select Flash Player and click on Uninstall/Change
- Follow the onscreen instruction to complete the process.
- Now re-download the Flash Player from the net and run the QuickBooks installation again.
3. Solution Three
This process requires Advanced Technical Knowledge of the computer. Make sure that you do not skip any instruction or step in the process. It is advisable taking the help of a QuickBooks Technical Support Expert at any point in time.
- Press Windows+R key
- Type CMD and hit enter.
- Now, right-click on CMD/Command Prompt/exe and select Run As Administrator.
- In the command prompt type Net User Administrator/Active: Yes or Net User Administrator/Active and hit
- Now go to the computer desktop screen and hit ctrl+alt+dlt.
- Go to Switch User and select Default Administrator Account.
- Now once again press Windows+R key
- Type CMD and hit enter
- Again, right-click on CMD/Command Prompt/exe and select Run As Administrator.
- In the command prompt type Net User Administrator/Active: No and hit
- Now, go to C:/Program Files/Common Files
- Now, RIght-click on the Common Files folder and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Security> Edit> Group/ User Name> Users.
- Now right click on Users and go to Permissions For Users.
- Check Modify, Read and Execute, List Folder Contents, Read and Write and allow them.
- Apply> Ok.
- Now, we will install QuickBooks Desktop from here.
- Finally, we will go back to our Original User Login.
4. Solution Four : You have to change the Setup Editor Settings
- In the setup editor
- You have to select the Tables to tab in case you don’t want to register the Type Library File
- You have to click on the Type Lib table
- Now do according to the error message
- Place the row with the mentioned file
- Delete the row then check for the error again.
Need Professional Help?
Above, you get all the solutions that help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 1911. You have to perform the solution one by one until you get the issue resolved. When the problem gets resolved then you don’t need to perform more solutions. You can also connect with the team for any query or issue. You just has to dial the QuickBooks technical support number ✆. The number is toll-free and you can connect with the team at any point of time. The team members are available all around the clock. You can also reach them via 24/7 live chat support. They are glad to help you by providing you the best assistance.
See Also – All About QuickBooks Payroll Update Error
What is the automatic method to resolve the error?
The automatic method is QuickBooks Tool hub that you have to download and install in your system. After that run it and do a scan for errors. In results, if you get the error then fix it by clicking on the fix now button. It automatically fixes the error.
Do I need to implement all the above solutions?
No, if you know the reason for the cause then you can directly go with that solution. In case if you don’t know the solution then you have to perform all the solutions until you get the solution
How to fix the security settings of the installation directory to rectify QuickBooks error 1911?
You have to locate the C:\Program Files\Common Files. Give a right-click on the folder and then choose the Properties option. Hit the Edit button below the security tab. Click Group or user names and then choose Users. Click allow for the permissions below the Permissions for users button. Hit the Apply button and then hit OK.
What methods do I need to know to fix QuickBooks error 1911 in fewer time frames?
Many methods are available to sort out the problems related to QuickBooks error code 1911. Some of them are by installing the latest version of adobe flash player, checking the settings of the built-in Administrator, downloading the PSExec, and modifying the setup editor settings. If it does not work you can seek professional assistance for other solutions
How to check and change the setup editor settings to get rid of frustrating error 1911 in QuickBooks?
To alter the setup editor settings you need to choose the Tables in the Setup editor. Enter the lib table; insert the row with the file associated with the error message. Now delete the row