QuickBooks Error code 6130 might occur while opening a company file (.qbw format) or reconciling an account.
- 1 Causes of QuickBooks error code 6130
- 2 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6130
- 3 System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error Code 6130
- 4 Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error Code 6130
- 5 Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6130
- 6 FAQ
Causes of QuickBooks error code 6130
Check out the reasons why QuickBooks Error 6130 appears:
- The files which are downloaded by the user on the system are damaged or corrupted.
- Installation of QuickBooks software either failed or unacceptable .
- Incorrect windows registry.
- Windows system files or QBW files are corrupted by the harmful virus or malware.
- Missing QuickBooks files or program.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6130
System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error Code 6130
Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error Code 6130
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6130
1: Renaming the .TLG and .ND files
Procedure to resolve Quickbooks error code 6130 by using the file rename method:
- .TLG and .ND are configuration files that let QuickBooks access the company files while in multi-user mode. When these files are damaged, QuickBooks displays an error.
- Users must open the folder in QuickBooks containing the company file and look for files with the same name as the company file but with .TLG and .ND extensions.
- Now, users must right-click on every file and rename it by adding ‘OLD’ to the end of the file name.
- Once done, users must reopen QuickBooks and try to open the company file. If the error reoccurs, users must utilise the Auto Data Recovery to restore data.
2: Using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery: Recovering Recent Transactions with the .QBW.adr File
Users must create a folder called ‘QBTest’ on the desktop and then open the folder containing the company file. Now, locate the ‘.tlg’ file, which has the same name as the company file.
A. File extensions
Follow the steps below to access your company files:
- If the ‘.tlg’ file can’t be identified, users must press Windows + E, which will open the ‘File Explorer’. Now, select ‘Organize’ and then ‘Folder and search options’. Widows 8/8.1/10 users must select ‘View’ and then ‘File name extension’.
- Next, choose ‘Hide extensions for known file types’, and then select ‘Apply’, followed by OK.
- Now, users must copy the ‘.tlg’ file of the company file and paste it in the ‘QBTest’ folder created earlier.
- Next, users must open the ‘QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery’ file that is in the same location as the company file. Now, the ‘.QBW.adr’ file must be copied and pasted in the ‘QBTest’ folder. Next, right-click on the ‘.QBW.adr’ file and choose ‘Rename’ and remove ‘.adr’ from the end of the file and reopen QuickBooks.
- Now, open the company file saved in the ‘QBTest’ flder and check that all the transactions are there using the account resgister.
- Next, users must choose ‘File’-> ‘Utilities’-> ‘Verify Data’. If the coy of the company file is fine, users can transfer the corrupted company file to another location and then transfer the copy file from the ‘QBTest’ folder to its original location.
B. Recovering Fresh Transactions
Steps to recover fresh transactions:
- This process uses the ADR version of the .QBW and .TLG files and recovers all except the last 12 hours of transactions.
- Create the ‘QBTest’ folder on the desktop and open folder containing the company folder and locate the ‘QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery’ folder.
- Now, locate the ‘.TLG.adr’ and ‘.QBW.adr’ files that have the same name as the company file.
- If you cannot identify the .TLG.adrand .QBW.adr files, perform the steps mentioned in ‘File extensions’ above.
- Next, the ‘.TLG.adr’ and ‘.QBW.adr’ files must be copied and pasted in the ‘QBTEst’ folder. Now, the ‘.adr’ must be removed from the end of each file name and QuickBooks opened.
- Now, users must open the company file saved in the ‘QBTest’ folder and use the account register to check if all the transactions are there. Then, users need to go to ‘File’-> ‘Utilites’-> ‘Verify Data’.
- In case the company file is working, the corrupted file can be shifted to another location and the copied file transferred from the ‘QBTest’ folder to its original location.
Need Professional Help?
If the steps mentioned here don’t fix the error, or if users need more information/further assistance, they can contact our QuickBooks experts team at CALL NOW for expert guidance on the matter at any time of the day or night.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
How can I use the QuickBooks Auto Data recovery to get rid of QuickBooks Error code 6130?
To recover the lost data from the Auto Data recovery and then open the folder. Make sure, open that folder where your company file is stored. Create the file extension visible if required. Now, you have to open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder. There would be two files with extension .qbw.adr. After this, you have to copy the ADR file to the new folder.
What is the best method to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
The best way to resolve the QuickBooks Error code 6130, press the ALt+key while hitting the QuickBooks application icon. When your system displays the prompt for user id and password. Then, you have to release the ALt key and write the new password. Hit the OK button and then open your application launches. Move forward press the Alt key and then release it.
What are the main roots behind the QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
Corrupted or damaged downloaded files, incorrect window registry or system hacked by the virus are the major reasons due to which this error pops up on your screen while running the QuickBooks.