QuickBooks is very useful for small firms and businesses, and yet it has been observed that many people don’t use it accurately. QuickBooks is quite easy software to be utilized for a firm’s accounting problems. It is either for the reason that the firm is quite new to the software or there are not many employees working with sound accounting knowledge.
Many tasks are made easy by the use of QuickBooks. Entering and Paying Bills is one such issue that keeps on recurring. This is also the most crucial part of using QuickBooks Features as money is what drives every business. Just imagine, you have a last date to pay your bill and it isn’t working. It can be mind boggling for you.
Errors made while Entering and Paying Bills
Errors can be many. The ones that are quite prominent are listed below-
- Due to aged bills, account payable is high which is obstructing you from paying bills
- Another reason can be bills that are unexpectedly high
- Many credits will appear of unapplied vendors
Many users have tried paying bill in incorrect order or following absolute fatal process. To make sure, you make the payment correctly, you need to be focused on the procedure. A single miss can alter the whole process and make it a chock for you in the long run.
How you can enter bill
When does this situation actually arise? It happens when you might have paid more than what was expected by the vendor. The vendor being nice to you refunds the extra amount. Now for you to be on top of your accounts in the business, you need to enter this refund. This refund is termed credit as the vendor returns it in the form of credit note.
Now we need to enter every detail in the Enter Bills window. While entering the details, we need to have the following ready-
- Name of the vendor
- Address of the Vendor
- The amount to be credited
- Date of the credit prepared
- Reference number if there is any
Having all the information helps you in two ways- you are compliant and you have no problem in filling the window details. The catch lies in selecting the category wisely and with wide open eyes.
Here’s how you can pay bills
I know sounds pretty easy, that it is just paying bill like using any app or any browser and following the steps. It is indeed not difficult, no denying the fact. It is no big deal too and yet errors occur. So, why not prevent such errors and save time.
There are certain meticulous steps you need to keep in mind which are generally overlooked.
- Whenever a vendor makes payment to you, you need to log in to the Bill Pay window
- It is of utmost important to enter the vendor address correctly
- You must enter the date of bill date
- Invoice number should be entered
- Terms which may refer to the date when the payment is expected or the due date
- Memo not to be ignored as it includes the purpose of the bill
After all the details have been filled accurately in the Bill Pay window, it is mandatory to allocate the correct expense or asset account without which the process might cause error. The process will deemed to be successful once the expense or asset account has been allocated.
It is simple, no doubt but a little miss can create havoc.
It is always wise to check it twice before you do any kind of transaction for any vendor. It is advisable that keep a track of each payment in QuickBooks. This will help you when you have less time and more to do. Just by clicking on the reference number or the vendor name or the date you use to fill details can do a lot better for you in making the tedious task in the long run seem less complex?
Organized way of dealing with any situation can make you any difficult situation appear smaller. Having things sorted in apple pie order always makes a big difference. Apart from this, who wants to get stuck managing vendors and losing cool? I don’t. I am sure you don’t too. Therefore “Organize Check” is the mantra to keep your accounts ready for every dilemma or fix.
Some of the tips you can definitely follow in order to keep your accounts clean and clutter free. Here’s how you can go about it-
- First of all make sorting your bank account your priority. You can get this done or do it yourself by clicking on Sort by which you will find on the left hand side of the Chart of Accounts option
- Put a check mark next to any transaction. This is a great way to manually clear and reconcile your transactions
- Maintaining an updated financial record. There is nothing like having a record that is easy to read and understand without banging your head against a wall after a longer period of time
Sounds crisp and easy, doesn’t it? So go for it.
We need to understand the importance of the ease of use of QuickBooks in maintaining our financial records. This makes way for efficiency and productivity. There is lucidity in the maintenance of future transactions. Take the baby steps and grow mature.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞.
Related Article: QuickBooks: Editing or Deleting a Deposited Payment