Intuit is offering a subscription based complete and comprehensive disaster recovery plan (Intuit data protect). All data on a user’s computer can be safeguarded against damage from virus, malware, ransomware, theft, fire, or any other disaster. All the data is securely backed up. Users can opt to back up only their QuickBooks data or all the data present on their system.
Note: Intuit Data Protect only works with QuickBooks Desktop 2011 and later. Still, users can separately back up the company file present on the system. You will only be able to integrate Intuit Data Protect with QuickBooks Desktop version 2011 or later.
Follow the steps given below to set up and use Intuit Data Protect:
- Click the Top Icon Bar under view menu
- Open Intuit Data Protection(IDP) directly from QuickBooks Desktop
- Hit Activate now
- Sign into IDP using correct credentials
- Hit continue
- At this point, you can recover the previously backed up data. If not, then proceed to the next step
- Select files to be backed up to Intuit Data Protect.
- Hit continue. In the next window, you can schedule backups. If you don’t wish to schedule backups, then move to the next step.
- Hit continue.
- Enter your email address. You will receive all the notifications about data backup through Intuit Data Protect on this email address.
- Click on continue. Once all the data is backed up with Intuit Data Protect, you will get a confirmation message. Hit ok and close the window.
You can backup the data anytime by opening Intuit Data Protect (IDP) from QuickBooks and selecting Back Up Now. With IDP, you can perform incremental as well as full backups. You should schedule backups through IDP. This will help you in streamlining your operations while having your data on secure servers.
For restoring files, open IDP and click on Restore from Backup. Then select the files you want to restore. You will be presented with all the versions available for restoring. IDP saves multiple versions of a company file so that users can restore files from different periods of time. Then, click on continue and restore. IDP will start the restoration process. All previous data will be overwritten. To prevent this from happening, click cancel on Overwrite.
Hence, by using Intuit Data Protect, users can create for themselves a complete disaster recovery plan. IDP is perfect for small businesses and startups that do not want to spend their profits on purchasing hardware for storing and backing up data.
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞+1-855-481-5338.