Timesheets are important for tracking the time spent by each worker on a specific job. Organizations all over the world employ tools like timesheets for tracking the amount of work done by each worker. This also helps the organization in evaluating the amount of time needed for a particular job as well as the proficiency an employee has in a particular skill.
Also, with timesheets, users can easily calculate the amount of salary they need to pay to each employee. This comes in handy when organizations hire someone on contractual or hourly basis.
First things first. When users install QuickBooks it isn’t configured for time tracking. Hence, we will enable this feature first in order to create timesheets and time data report.
Follow the steps given below to enable time tracking in QuickBooks:
- Log into QuickBooks with an administrator account.
- Switch to single user mode. Make sure to inform all other active users about the same or they might lose their data.
- Goto the edit menu. If you cannot view it then press the alt button on your keyboard. This will toggle the menu.
- Select Preferences and hit Time and Expenses
- Among all the tabs, select Company Preferences
- Mark the radio button against “Do You Track Time?”
- Select the date considered to be the week start in your organization.
- Hit Ok
Users can select between creating weekly timesheets or entering single items for tracking time. Both these timesheets offer all the information that an employer needs. The day that you entered as the start day of your work week will have an effect on weekly timesheets.
Just like other forms in QB, Timesheets can also be used for creating reports. Time data reports are created with the data recorded in timesheets. They contain information about the employee for whom the report is being created, amount of time spent by an employee on a particular task, total amount of time spent on working for particular projects or particular dates and so on. Also, time data reports are customizable and enable users to get a detailed analysis of employee’s performance.
Follow the steps given below for creating Time Data Reports in QuickBook:
- From the left navigation panel select Reports
- Click on Jobs, Time and Mileage
- Select Time by Name
- Select Customize Report
- Hit Filters and select the necessary columns that you want in the report
- Select the names of employees you want to include in this report. You can select multiple employees while creating Time Data Reports.
- Click on ok.
- Hit Save Changes
By following these steps you can easily create timeslips and time data report. Time data reports are based entirely on timeslips. Also, while creating these forms and reports, make sure to ensure accuracy of the data entered. You can get a summarized as well as detailed time data report through QuickBooks.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞.