QuickBooks has made accounting a lot easier. It can record all the entries and without an error, it can easily get updated in no time. Record maintenance task includes more than just recording entries. It may include the task to eliminate some entries as well. When the number of entries is less than 5, it can be done one by one. What if you have to get rid of more than 1000 entries?
This task will become tedious and very time consuming. Currently, with QuickBooks, multiple entries cannot be deleted. One needs to do one at a time. It was a setback but a work around has also been found. You can delete multiple entries in one go on QuickBooks desktop version.
Note: The very first and mostly recommended steps is to create a back for the file, in case, you wish to check back the existing report of transactions. This approach will also avoid your risk for making an error.
Steps to Deleting The Multiple Transaction in Quickbooks at Once
These are the following steps that will let you achieve your accounting goal of deleting extra or unwanted entries in bulk at a time:
- Login to QuickBooks Account
- From the top menu, you need to select Banking option.
- Choose the Bank Feeds, then, click on Bank Feeds Center.
- In the Items Reviewed section, List of accounts will be visible.
- Choose the name of the account.
- Select the Items from checkbox that you wish to Delete.
- Choose the transaction(s) you wish to delete.
- Select the Delete Selected button.
- Click Yes to confirm.
If you’re still facing difficulty in deleting all transactions, then it is always good to switch to Register mode. This will allow you to delete the entire statement.
In order to switch to Register mode, here are some steps to follow:
- Go to Edit option, then click on Preferences
- You need to select Checkbox from the left panel.
- Look for the Company Preferences tab and click on it.
- A drop down will appear and then Select Register Mode
- Click on OK, to confirm and save your changes.
These steps will help you sort out the issue and you can keep using QuickBooks.
Importance of Deleting Multiple Transactions
It may not be the ideal situation but it definitely will keep things streamlined. Be it a business of any size, any unwanted entries will increase clutter with your records and chances of error will be magnified. Keeping an eye on your records will be the best approach but practically it is not logical to comb through all those lengthy reports. This is why an advanced option to delete multiple entries is useful and can come handy. And with company accounts maintenance, it is a must-have feature.
And, whenever you require any technical assistance, you may wish to get connected to the QuickBooks Support team. You just need to dial a toll free number +18554815338 for the same.