If you are here and reading this article, it is probably you have experienced an error “A Data Problem Prevents QuickBooks from Continuing.” Wondering why you got this error and why it is not allowing you to access data files?
Error “A Data Problem Prevents QuickBooks from Continuing” primarily indicates that there is an issue with the data file. In this article, we will tell you how to troubleshoot the issue. To fix the problem, do the following:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Run verify to the file.
- Go to File, click on Utilities.
- Then click on Verify Data.
- In case, there’s an error doing the Verify Data then do the following steps:.
- Make sure QuickBooks is open.
- Create a Portable copy of the file.
- After that restore the Portable file to a QBW file.
- Run backup to the data file that was restored from the Portable file.
- Unfortunately, if the same error occurs again then run QB File Doctor to the company file. In order to use the QuickBooks File Doctor, it is very important to do the process cautiously. And to make sure you don’t commit any mistake, here we have provided step-by-step instructions to how to prepare and use QuickBooks File Doctor.
How to prepare to use QuickBooks File Doctor
To get started, there are certain things that you need to prepare. We have listed below some points:
- Make sure that you have a strong Internet connectivity to upload the file for manual repair.
- Also ensure that you are logged in as the Windows Administrator to be able to run network diagnostic.
- In case the UAC (Windows User Account Control) is turned on, note that the tool will get re-launched with the elevated administrator privilege.
- In order to fix the damage related issues, the QuickBooks File Doctor tool works on .qbw and .qba files only.
- Always remember that the Network diagnosis and File repair are always on by default.
Once prepared, follow the below given steps to start using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
How to use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Click on http://http-download.intuit.com/http.intuit/QBFD/qbfd.exe to download QuickBooks File Doctor.
- When the download is complete then double-click on exefile.
- Now follow the instructions as prompted in order to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- When the installation is finished, it will automatically open. And in case it doesn’t, double-click on the green File Doctor icon on your computer. (Point to Note:In case, you do not see it opening, look for a green wrench icon in your Windows taskbar.)
- And if you get a notification that you require administrator rights to continue, click on Yes.
- After that choose one of the following options:
– Both file damage and network connectivity– In case, you think that the file is damaged, or if you get a 6000 error when trying opening a file (data file problems).
-Network connectivity only – In case you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user setup and encounter an H202 error when trying opening your company file (network errors)
- In case prompted, enter the Admin password for your company file.
- After that click on Next.
- In case you are asked to share your company file, pick any of the given below options:
-Yes– In case you are running QuickBooks File Doctor on the computer hosting the company file (your Server).
-No – if you are running File Doctor on a computer that is not hosting the company file (your Workstation).
- Now proceed according to the results mentioned below:
-Repair Complete: File Doctor has repaired your company file successfully and to fix click on Open New File.
-We’re sorry, we couldn’t find anything wrong with your file: QuickBooks File Doctor could detect nothing wrong with your company file. Now try opening the file again, or simply restore from a backup.
– We’re sorry, your company file can’t be repaired (With Auto Data Recovery)- Your QuickBooks file is corrupted. To fix it, perform Auto Data Recovery or send to Data Services for recovery
– Upload your file to Data Services. This means that File Doctor can’t repair the damage, but you have a support plan that includes Data Services. In order to fix the problem, click on Upload which will send your file to our Data Services team.
There are some results too that are not mentioned here. To know more, call technical experts at AccountingErrors at 1-855-481-5338.