QuickBooks Backup File Restore Failed
The company file is the soul of QuickBooks desktop software , and this is why it is important to keep a backup of the company file on regular basis. At times, users may face issues while trying to restore a QuickBooks backup file that had been created earlier for safeguarding the data.
If you are also facing the same issue then you need to go down the list of troubleshooting steps given below to resolve your issue.
What Causes QuickBooks Backup File Won’t Restore Error?
- Special characters (@, #, $, %, *) included in the Company file name.
- When trying to restore backup over a present company file.
- Backup was restored into a network drive through a portable drive.
- Backup was created in a new version.
- The file trying to restore may not be a backup file.
- Missing or corrupted Company file.
Troubleshooting Error Restoring QuickBooks Backup File
Perform the following steps to fix your error according to its causes.
Solution 1: Erase special characters (@, #, $, %, *) from company file name
- Open to folder where the backup file has been stored.
- Locate the file then right click on it
- Select Rename from the drop-down list
- Now erase all special characters imputed on the name.
Solution 2: Avoid overwriting the existing file while restoring backup
- When asked to save file, you can browse to standard location then click Save.
- In case a file already exists with the same name in that location, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Select No.
- Then type in a different name for the file and click Save.
Solution 3: Copy backup from network drive or flash drive before restoring it
Insert flash drive into the system or in case the company is running on a network system, open to folder in which the backup file has been stored. Then, you need to copy and paste the file on the local computer and attempt to restore backup.
Solution 4: Copy the backup file to a different folder before restoring it
Sometimes this error can occur when the folder in which the backup file is saved is corrupted. As a result, you are denied to restore any backup. You can resolve the issue by going into the folder and copying the backup file and restoring it to a newer folder. After this, you can attempt to restore the backup.
Solution 5: Repair company file
Sometimes, the error may also arise when there is damaged in the company file. You can repair the company file by using the Verify & Rebuild Data Utility tool of QuickBooks.
Get Support If Can’t Restore QuickBooks Desktop From Backup File
The professionals at AccountingErrors are standing by 24/7 to assist you with any QuickBooks related issues. If you find the provided steps unable to take you out from Error Restoring QuickBooks Backup File issue or you are unable to perform the steps by yourself, we are here to help. Simply dial on ✆+1-855-481-5338 & connect QuickBooks Technical Support Number or email at Support , and our professionals will get back to you with reliable resolution.
You can also get in touch with our professionals through Live Chat Support QuickBooks where you can get your problems fixed.