One of the common errors that the user face while operating Sage 50 accounting software is “not being able to open company files” or “not being able to connect to the database”
Such error messages occurring at the end of a conversation can occur due to the ‘firewalls’ installed in the system. The resolution is possible. However, it is a little tricky with respect to what needs to be done. However, since there is no other option but to get the Sage 50 2015 up and running, trying out the solutions can help in such a situation.
Sage 50 accounting software does everything that a company requires- from payroll to invoices and business communications. Its enhanced features (with new Sage 50 2018) and the continuous support from the customer service team, as well its versatility has made the software one of the most sought after in the industry. With every new versions and update, the company sets up targets to meet the challenges faced by the users. One such issue or error that we need to focus here is the “not able to open company file” error.
Let us look at some of the resolutions that can work in such instances:
Error Message: “Not Able TO Open Company File” after conversion to 2018 version
“Unknown Error Has Occurred” appearing at the end of the conversion process.
Reason for Such Errors:
• Problems with the installation process itself
• The components in the new version are blocked
• Firewalls and antivirus compatibility or permission to the new version of Sage 50
If you are not able to open company files, here are some of the resolutions that can be applied to rectify the error:
1. Start by disabling the Antivirus
Check for the multiple antivirus software in your system, disable the real-time protection installed through Microsoft security essentials or auto-protection on the antivirus. Some antivirus software requires just disabling the firewall, while others might require the real-time scanning to be disabled. For McAfee, however, one needs to disable both firewall and real-time scanning for the solution to work.
2. In case you have an auto-backup software installed to keep a back-up of the company files, disable them.
3. Now, right-click on the SAGE 50 icon to run it as an administrator.
4. Begin the ‘Conversion’ again. It should work fine now.
5. Once the conversion process is complete, re-enable the antivirus or other security software.
6. Check out if all you are able to open all files.
If disabling firewall or the security options did not work, try to check the errorlog.txt file for more clarity on the problem.
1. Go to “DATA FILE LOCATION”, and click open the “errorlog.txt” files. In case you encounter large blank sections or some sections that have strange characters, then it means that the file you are trying to open is corrupt and cannot be converted. The only option, in this case, is to call the Sage 50 customer care for resolution.
2. In case if there are no black sections or strange characters, try the “MySQL” and the “folders” option under it. Try to check the “2nd last version of file character” or the “3rd last version of SAGE 50”. Check the image that is given under “Additional Information”
3. Now, right-click the “SAGE 50 “icon, to run it as an administrator.
4. Try conversion again to check if it is running smoothly.
The above-mentioned resolutions should work perfectly. If not, you can also check the “File attributes” to understand if there are any “Read-only” or “Hidden” attributes. If in case this does not work, call in the 24/7 Sage 50 customer support to flush out the issue and resolve the error with the aid of the expert team. Our Sage 50 premium technical support team is available round the clock for any kind of assistance related to the software. Highly knowledgeable and trained experts will help you out with every aspect of the software. Call the toll free number 1-855-481-5338 now to directly talk to the experts.