To address the export to excel not working with QuickBooks Pro 2016 error, Microsoft and Intuit have already released updates for Microsoft Office and QuickBooks respectively. You should install these updates to resolve this error. If you currently don’t have an active internet connection to download these updates from, then get these updates to your system via a flash or usb drive.
Else, you can install the 32 bit version of Microsoft office which can easily integrate and work with QuickBooks. Still, before doing this, check your system type from the system properties. If you have installed the correct bit version of both the software, then your only option is to update the software as soon as possible.
To update Microsoft office, follow the steps provided below:
- Open one of the office applications installed on your system
- Go to file
- Select account
- Hover on product information and select Update Options
- Click on Update Now
As soon as the update is completed, you’ll receive a ‘You’re up to date!’ message. Click on close.
If you are facing issues while updating the software, then check your internet connection. If there is nothing wrong with the network connection, then Microsoft office files might be damaged. This can also be a reason for ‘ Export to Excel not Working with QuickBooks Pro 2016’ error.
To repair Microsoft office, follow the steps provided below:
- Log in with an Administrator Account
- Open Control Panel
- Select Program and Features
- Right Click on Microsoft Office
- Select Uninstall/Repair
- Follow the repair instructions given by the installer
- Once this process is complete, try to export to excel.
Now update QuickBooks by following the steps provided below:
- Log into QuickBooks through an administrative account
- Click on Close Company File
- Reopen QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Click on Help
- Select Update Quickbooks
- Click on Options and select all the updates that you want to install
- Select Save and Click on Update Now
- Once the updates are downloaded, you’ll get a confirmation message. Click yes and the installation of the updates will begin
- Restart your system once the update process is completed.
You can even set up automatic updates. By doing so, you will always have the latest features rolled out by Intuit for your version of QB. Also, Intuit released updates for performance improvements and bug fixes. Hence, it’ll always be better to get these updates even if you don’t need them.