- 1 A. Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- 2 B. Get Company File on External Media
- 3 C. Choose or Restore Company File in QuickBooks
- 4 D. Fix Firewall Software Settings
- 5 E. Update the QuickBooks Permission Settings in Windows
- 6 F. Update the Folder that have Corrupted Company Data
- 7 FAQ
A. Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Download QuickBooks File Doctor, install & run it to diagnose & fix the errors.
B. Get Company File on External Media
- Copy/Paste the Company file to the QuickBooks file server or local hard drive.
- Start QuickBooks, open the company file.
C. Choose or Restore Company File in QuickBooks
- Start QuickBooks program.
- Select File -> Open Company File (following the QB 2006 version select file -> open company file).
- Double click to open the company file -> Click Next (for QB 2007 and after versions).
- Click My Network Places on the left to open My Computer window.
- Click Entire Network -> Locate the company file destination on your server.
- Select & open the company file required
D. Fix Firewall Software Settings
- Disable or uninstall the Firewall software on the PC that hosts the company file for a short time and attempt to approach the company file on the another PC.
- Start QuickBooks application and open the company file. In case the file opens favorably, set up firewall and internet security for network access and updates.
E. Update the QuickBooks Permission Settings in Windows
- Press Windows + E to open My Computer window.
- Navigate the right folder comprising of QB company file.
- Click on the folder -> Choose Properties -> Click on the sharing button.
- Insert the name that needs to be added for the drop-down arrow -> Click Add (QBDataServicerUser needs to be approached)
- Select Read drop down arrow in the Permission Level section and Select Full Control.
- Click on share-> Click on Security button -> Click Edit button (for the group or user name section)
- Click on QBDataServiceUserXX. (XX refers to the version of QuickBooks)
- Choose the complete check box in the Allow column in the section of Permissions for QBDataServiceUser. Click OK -> Close.
F. Update the Folder that have Corrupted Company Data
- New Folder needs to be created in your C:\ drive.
- Copy & Paste the company file to the new folder in C:\ drive.
- Follow the Solution 4 above to set up the right permissions for the folder.
- Attempt opening your company file from new location through QuickBooks software.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞.
What do you understand with QuickBooks error code 6000 77?
It is a 6000 series error code that usually occurs when the file is stored in an inappropriate folder. Whenever the error occurs then it pops up a message when the user tries to open the company file stating that “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. To correct this error, the first thing is to do is restart your QuickBooks with increased permission. Most of the time, the error is resolved after the reboot of the PC and there is no further action required.
What causes QuickBooks error code 6000 77?
There can be multiple factors causing this error are insufficient authorization to the server system, running an outdated version of QuickBooks, company file is stored on the external storage instead of local drive or a network, QB is not updated to the latest release, mapped drive is referred to for opening the company file, the user could encounter with such error.
What are quick and helpful tips for easy resolutions of QuickBooks error code 6000 77?
You can get more permission and reboot QB software; run QuickBooks File Doctor that may repair damaged QB files if any; shift the company file to any local drive in case it is stored on any external storage device. Last but not the least, open the QBW file in QuickBooks and verify whether the error is resolved or not.