An accountant or bookkeeper of a small or medium-sized business nowadays is definitely using premium accounting software like QuickBooks by Intuit, in order to tackle all tedious but imperative financial tasks of the business within the stipulated time period. However, at times while trying to access the software, the user encounters issues with the error 6000 series and corresponding error message. The series of errors is usually followed by two or more digits. One such QuickBooks 6000 Error series issue encountered is QuickBooks Error 6000, 107.
This error is usually direct result of damaged or corrupted .tlg file. The file is a type of company file within QuickBooks and damaged one can prove to be a hindrance in smooth work flow of all accounting processes. QuickBooks error 6000, 107 can be resolved either by connecting with the technical support team of QuickBooks or alternatively employing the method stated below.
- 1 Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000-107
- 2 How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 107?
- 3 FAQ
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000-107
- When transaction logs (TLG) file gets damaged.
- Damaged QuickBooks company file
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 107?
However, there are some important points to keep in mind before carrying forward with resolution:
- First tip is to try to resolve the issue by downloading and installing QuickBooks File Doctor which will automatically detect and resolve the error within few clicks. However if the issue is still persisting then the next logical step is to move onto method shown below.
- QuickBooks software is updated and upgraded to latest version and edition.
- The 6000 series error can crop up in both scenarios where the file is setup locally as well as through network.
Assumption: For the following method to work it is assumed that the file is to be opened on a network server as the software is hosted on another computer system.
1. Method One: Renaming of .tlg / .nd files as well as rescanning process or restarting of Database Server Manager.
QuickBooks files consist of both .nd and .tlg files that are configured within the company file in order to access and open the company file under multi-user mode or over a network environment. However, if these files get damaged or the data within these files gets corrupted the user might encounter the issue of QuickBooks Error 6000, 107.
One of the easiest ways is to rename the corrupted file which will not have adverse effect over the data stored within. The files get restructured automatically when the user rescans the Database Server manager and consequently opens up the QuickBooks company file.
For renaming the files follow procedure noted below:
- Locate and open the folder consisting of your company file.
- Next is to search and select the files with suffix .nd / .tlg file having the same name as that of the company file, such as:
- (company name _file).qbw.nd
- (company name _file).qbw.tlg
- Hover the mouse over the file name and right click followed by selecting the ‘Rename’ option.
- Now add ‘OLD’ at the end of each file to differentiate such as
- (company name _file).qbw.nd.OLD
- (company name _file).qbw.tlg.OLD
The main reason behind inception of Database Server Manager is to store company files of QuickBooks. The QuickBooks experts recommend restarting and then rescanning the QuickBooks files through DBSM once the renaming of company files is done in order to understand where the error is still coming.
2. Method Two: Restart QuickBooks DBSM and start the process of rescanning the QuickBooks Company file.
- Go to Start then All programs, followed by QuickBooks software and lastly QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select the tab labeled Scan Folders. Locate and highlight the folder consisting of the required files and then click on Scan option.
- Authenticate that the needed files are shown below the box under the heading QuickBooks Company Files Found
- Now try to open the QuickBooks company file again in order to check whether the QuickBooks Error 6000, 107 is resolved or not.
Need Professional Help?
This should resolve the issue and QuickBooks Error 6000, 107 quite easily. However, if the error still persists it is better to connect with certified QuickBooks customer support team who is adept in handling all sorts of QuickBooks technical issues in stipulated time period. User can alternatively connect with us through our Toll Free Number – 📞 or connect via live chat on accountingerrors.com.
You might also interested to read topic on QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076
Why did I receive the QuickBooks error 6000, 107 messages?
This error generally happens when the user tries to open the company file. The reason behind this is a corrupted or damaged company file. It will appear on your screen again and again until you resolve it.
How can I fix the QuickBooks QuickBooks error 6000,107 manually?
To fix this error manually, you have to rename the.ND and.TLG files. Then, you have to open the folder that includes the company files. Locate the files with the same file name as the company file with an extension.ND and.TLG. After this, hit the right-click on each file and select the Rename option. When it’s finished then open your QuickBooks again and try to sign in to your company file to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
How do I check and rebuild the data to prevent the loss while fixing the QuickBooks error 6000, 107?
To check and rebuild the data, the user has to choose the file and click on the Utilities. Then, all options will appear on your screen and click on the “verify Data” option, and hit the Ok button to close all windows. In any case, if you find the “Your data has failed the integrity check” message on your screen then you need to rebuild the file. After this, if you find no error then you are all done with this program.