While QuickBooks can be extremely helpful in getting most of your work related to Accounting done, it can also be a pain in the neck at time. The pain is not severe enough that it cannot be taken care of.
There are many errors and the QuickBooks error 6190-816 is that message that is an outcome of the mess you must have done while opening the file on the host. This can be owing to trying to run QuickBooks in the multi user mode on the server Linux.
It can show up when the following situations can take place:
- The transaction log file doesn’t match the file of the company. The transaction I am referring to is the file of transactions summary which is automatically saved by QuickBooks. The file which is saved is in the TLF format which cannot be converted to the QBW format. This makes way for the frustrating error
- Another reason can be the failure to update the transaction file
- As the file is meant for Multi user mode, if someone tries to access it in single user mode, then the same error might occur
- Another reason that may not be too major is because of the corrupted file
The error can be really nerve wrecking as it kills your valuable time and energy in getting it sorted. But the real challenge is to get through with the error and make the file stable once again. Inaccessibility of this kind can hamper our productivity and profitably; hence to get everything on track once again, you might want to follow the following steps like following the Bible. Well, this is the only way one can get the peace of mind that we crave for.
Resolve QuickBooks error -6190 -816
- The first step to getting this resolved is downloading and installing the tool “QuickBooks File Doctor”
- Of course after the first step comes the second step which is the obvious one that is to run the tool
- While doing the following the above steps, if you have already been logged in as the administrator, then you will save on some time of not being redirected to this page of logging in as administrator
- Now of the two options, combined file damage and network connectivity and network connectivity
- From the two options, you will have to choose the first option as that is the only option that will help you detect the corrupted or the damaged files which will help you eventually assist in fixing the QuickBooks error 6190
- Now the most important step of entering your administration password which you need to make sure to enter accurately
- After you have logged in, you need to choose the file location which can be either workstation or server
- The selections are Yes and No if they are located in Server or Workstation respectively
- Now click on Proceed
- After these steps, you will be displayed the required results after which the error can be fixed. The file will be automatically detected and repair the company file
Sometime bad luck prevails and even when you had followed the steps above, you will be facing the same issue. In this fix, you can opt for the plan B. The Plan B is nothing but the solution that says “Fix the Mismatch”. Things to be kept in mind while continuing with this method.
You need to:
- Use the same computer where the file has been located
- Rename the file
Now, the detailed steps to fixing the error start. Don’t lose hope because there is always an alternative to get things to normal and this is surely to help you.
- First open the Company Folder.
- Now you need to find the Company File.
- The renaming of the file should be done now by right clicking on the file and selecting Rename While doing this, don’t delete the extension which is an integral part of the name of any file.
- Similar rule applies while renaming the transaction file which needs to be done after that.
- You must exit the system now.
- Time for you to open QuickBooks and login to the Company File.
This is another way of getting the error fixed. If not, then the alternative “Single Mode User Check” to be followed. For this method to be followed in order to be successful, one must make sure that everyone logged in to the QuickBooks files should be logged out. After that, the system must be restarted. Then, you need to copy the file to any other location other than the source. It sounds funny but you need to copy the file back to its root location. It sounds like hide and seek, doesn’t it? Now sign in to QuickBooks.
Usually by following this step by step process, one should be able to get the error fixed with no complications. However, if the issue has just hooked on to you and wouldn’t let go off the file, then the best solution to it is to shell out some money and get the most trusted tool “Auto Data Recovery” by the Intuit Data Services and say good bye to the error 6190-816.
Errors are not that bad, you find ways of being a techy and troubleshooting which make you sharper and take care of such errors in future with no panic attack.
Need Professional Help?
What is the easiest way to repair the QuickBooks Error -6190 -816?
Running the QuickBooks tool hub is the easiest way to repair this error. The first is to download & install the QuickBooks tool hub. It will detect and fix all common errors automatically. To do it without interruption, perform and agree with displayed guidelines.
Why does QuickBooks Error -6190 -816 appear repeatedly?
This error code usually happens when the transaction log files don’t match with the company file. There are many more reasons such as corrupted or damaged files. Before heading to fix this error, ensure about the reason first otherwise it might be creating more problems.
How can I fix the QuickBooks error -6190 -816 manually?
To fix this error manually, firstly you have to close all open programs. Then, you have to open the “Window Start Menu” and write the “Control Panel” in the search bar. After this, open the Control Panel and all options will appear on your screen. Hit the click on the “Programs and Features” option. The next thing you have to do is uninstall a program and then turn off the window features. Now, you have to locate the .NET framework on the list.