Using QuickBooks is as easy as pie. It simplifies the arduous accounting processes through numerous tools and features. In fact, QB is one of the best accounting programs on the markets and is the best option for non-accountants. QuickBooks Error 6190, -82 is part of the QuickBooks 6000 error series and can cause various issues while using this acclaimed accounting software.
- 1 When does QuickBooks Error 6190, -82 occur?
- 2 FAQ
When does QuickBooks Error 6190, -82 occur?
QuickBooks Error 6190,-82 occurs due to the following reasons:
- QuickBooks is trying to open the .TLG (Transaction Log file) instead of the company file.
- QuickBooks is being accessed remotely from a server
- Firewall settings
QB misreads .TLG file for .QBW file
Myriad underlying issues can cause the error 6190. Still, the code that follows it, in this case, -82, helps us in narrowing down the underlying causes for this error. There are multiple instances in which QB can fail to realize the difference between the .TLG (Transaction Log file) file and .QBW file. In such a case, QB throws the Error 6190, -82. Follow the steps given below for resolving this issue.
Read also QuickBooks Error 6190, 816
- Log into your computer with administrative privileges.
- Search the system for .tlg file.
- Right click on the file and click Open Location.
- Right click on the original file and hit delete.
- Now open QuickBooks without logging off or restarting your PC.
- QB will be able to recognize the correct company file.
- Now restart your computer.
- After restart, log into QuickBooks. QB will automatically create the .tlg file again.
Still, this time it won’t confuse it with the company file. Press F2 to check the current company file and its location. You can also change the location of the company file manually, though this will require a few extra steps.
For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Log into QB with administrative privileges.
- Go to file and click on Open or restore an existing company.
- Click on Open a company file.
- Hit next.
- Browse to the directory of your company file.
- Select the company file and hit Open.
This will change the current location of the company file. Also, you will be able to import all the data from this company file without encountering QuickBooks Error 6190, -82.
QuickBooks is being accessed Remotely
Follow these steps for resolving this error:
- Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL
- Select Task manager.
- Select the Processes tab.
- Select the main QB process.
- Right click on that process.
- Click on End Process Tree.
- Run and log into QB again.
This should resolve the issue. Once QB restarts, it will create new log files hence removing any confusion with the location of the actual company file. Restart your PC and login into QB.
Need Professional Help?
You might also be interested to read the topic on How to Fix QuickBooks Error -6190 -816
Is there any fastest way to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6190, -82?
Yes, to fix this error update your current version to the most recent release, once the program is completed then open your QuickBooks again to check whether the issue is resolved or not. You can also resolve this by closing your company files and QuickBooks. Then, hit the right-click on the QuickBooks and choose the “Run as administrator” option. Follow displayed until the program is not finished.
Why does QuickBooks Error 6190, -82 happen?
This error appears when your enterprise log file is not matched with your company file. In any case, if your transaction file is not updated in the system where your company file is not updated. If you are still unable to resolve it, fix the data corruption. it might help you fix this error.
How can I restore the QuickBooks company file to get rid of QuickBooks 6190, -82?
From the QuickBooks homepage, open the file menu and choose the “Open or Restore” option. Then, you have to choose the “Restore a backup copy” and hit the click on the Next button. Now, you have to choose the Local Backup file and click on the Next button. Now, you have to browse the system, to find the back company file. Then, choose a folder where you want to save your restored company file.