QuickBooks is an amazing software that deals with the accounting and finance operations of any small or medium-sized company, and that is why it is used by millions of people across the world. However, being utilized at a mass level could pose issues for its intricate functions. QuickBooks Invocation Error is one such error which makes no sense at all for it seems to be related to neither accounting nor finance. The error message you get reads like this: “Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.“
Here is the list of Some most common unexpected error messages, one might get while accessing the software.
- The most common one is “Error Message: Due to an invocation exception was thrown off the target.”
- Error 100 database server not found “08w01”
- Unexpected error occurred: Please restart POS. Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406.
- Unexpected error occurred. The error is: Value cannot be null. Parameter: s.
- Initialization for the configuration system has failed.
- 1766120 Error – Status: Invalid License Key, Key Denied.
- Unable to access the application through the Point of Sale symbol.
- Error Message: QBPOSShell has stopped working
- 1 Causes Behind The Invocation Error
- 2 How to Resolve QuickBooks Invocation Error on your Windows OS?
- 3 Some of The Quick Fixes for This Invocation Error3
- 4 FAQ
Causes Behind The Invocation Error
The error pops-up at the time of QuickBooks Point of Sale launch, or while you are working on it (it might freeze). The reason behind the error initiation could be your computer’s inefficiency to meet the minimum requirement, or because of the damaged Microsoft .NET framework.
This type of error usually occurs When the system shows Quickbooks Point of Sale is timed out, at the time a user is trying to index some information.
Some of the most common causes behind these errors are mentioned below:
- The system requirements are not matching with the quickbooks version you are using.
- Quickbooks Point of Sale Database Manager having issues
- A damaged or corrupted .Net framework installed.
- The lower side of the system resources the desktop.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Invocation Error on your Windows OS?
Follow these simple steps devised by Accounting Errors helpdesk:
1. Solution One: Repair the Microsoft .NET Framework 4
On your Windows 7/Vista
- Close all the open software.
- Go to the start menu and search ‘Control’ and open it.
- Double-click on Programs and Feature.
- Click on Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended and click Uninstall/Change.
- Now, Click on Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended to repair it to its Original stage. Click Next.
- Now, go through the instruction to repair the framework.
- Click on Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and click Uninstall/Change.
- Now, Click on Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile to repair it to its Original stage. Click Next.
- Once again, go through the instruction to repair the framework.
- Once it is completed, try to open Point of Sale.
2. Solution Two: Uninstall the Point of Sale and also the .NET Framework 4
If Point of Sale is still not responding, we will uninstall the Point of Sale and also the .NET Framework 4.
- On your Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Programs and Features, click on Microsoft .NET Framework Extended 4 and select Uninstall/Change.
- In the next step, remove Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended from the system.
- Click on Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and select Uninstall/Change.
- In the next step, remove Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile from the system.
- Now, we will go through the instruction to remove the framework.
- Reinstall Point of Sale.
Some of The Quick Fixes for This Invocation Error3
- Try to compress & optimize the database file
- Carefully clean up your quickbooks disk memory. Remove all unwanted files.
- Close all programs which are running in background, such as antivirus or system software updates by rebooting the system.
Need Professional Help?
The above error should have been resolved by now. In case you need further assistance, or you need assistance with other QuickBooks related product, our team of QuickBooks experts are there. Get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Team and call their help-desk. They are a third-party QuickBooks consultancy company. The toll-free support helpline toll free is ✆.
What is the meaning of QuickBooks Invocation Error?
QuickBooks invocation error is one of the most common error issues which usually appears when the user tries to open any program via the Point of Sale icon. Users have to fix this issue as soon as possible otherwise it might lead to damage to your company data.
What to do if QuickBooks is not responding and QuickBooks invocation error?
The first thing you have to do to make sure about the system requirements for the QuickBooks Point of Sale to run the program. Then, check and make sure to run the QBPOS database manager. After that, go to the start window button and write services in the search field and click on the OK button to finish the program. Restart your system to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
How can I resolve the QuickBooks Invocation error?
While running QuickBooks programs, if you encounter a QB invocation error. Then you have to resolve in possible ways. The best way to fix this issue is to download and install the QuickBooks latest version or you can run the Fix my program from the QuickBooks tool hub. To get rid of this, you have to create a new windows admin user to repair this issue or assign a different name to QuickBooks.