QuickBooks is one of the most advanced accounting solution. It is developed very meticulously, keeping in mind all the security requirements. Therefore, there is a default admin password for QuickBooks, which helps you to manage a lot of things.
It is a must to not only configure but to remember or save the QuickBooks default admin password as well because there are a plenty of QuickBooks functionalities which cannot be accessed using the default password.
Although, you can seek assistance of the Accountingerrors QuickBooks technical support team to know how to generate, save or reset the password.
Latest edition of the QuickBooks accounting software gives an ‘in-product’ password reset option. The process of managing the process of setting a new admin Password whenever you forget it is pretty easy in QuickBooks.
In order to make use of the password reset utility
Here are the steps that you would be required to follow:
- Firstly, you would have to realize (try different password) the fact that you have forgot the password.
- Once, you are sure, click on the reset password option that is there on the window.
- Now, you will get access to a Password Change Window
- Here, you would have to click on the ‘forgot your answer link’.
- After the QuickBooks Reset Administrator Password Window opens up, you will find different fields.
- In all the fields present, type in the important information which was given when QuickBooks accounting solution was first registered.
- This will include the QuickBooks license number, as well as other important fields like Email Address, Name (both First and Last), Business contact number as well as the zip code of the firm.
- After you enter the details, the info will be validated with the details which are already stored in the file at QuickBooks.
- After this, you will have to click on the Next button.
- In case the details are similar to the info stored, then it will have to be sent an email which will contain a Password Reset code. This is also known as the access code.
- Type in the Password Reset code, and after that proceed ahead by selecting the option that reads as Next
- Also, it is suggested that the user should copy the code from email and then paste it into the apt field to avoid any sort of error.
- In case you enter an incorrect code, you would have to start the complete process again.
- Whenever you are asked, just enter the new password in the New Password section.
- You will have to type it again in order to confirm the new password
- Click on the required questions
Soon, your password will be reset. If you get stuck anywhere, please feel free to call our QuickBooks tech support helpline, ✆+1-855-481-5338. Our Accountingerrors QuickBooks tech support experts will guide you through the password reset process. But, please make sure that you never ever disclose your password with anyone.
1. How to reset the admin password for QuickBooks 2020?
If you forgot or lost the admin password then you need to confirm some information as a security step. Here’s how:
💠 Initially, go to the Company login window
💠 Next, select the “I forgot my password” option
💠 Now, choose an email using the drop-down menu
💠 And then hit the “Next” button
💠 After that, you’ll be emailed a token to reset the password
💠 At last, enter the received token in your email inbox.
2. How do I reset my user password?
Follow the given steps to reset a user password:
💠 The very first, sign in as an Admin user
💠 Next, go to the Company and choose “Set up Users and password”
💠 And then select the “Set Up Users” option
💠 Enter the admin password once again if prompted
💠 Now, choose the desired user within the User list that you want to change their password
💠 And then select the “Edit User” option
💠 Once you’re done with that then enter a new password
💠 Finally, click on the “Finish” button after selecting the “Next” button twice.
3. Does an automated password reset tool help us to reset the password?
Yes, you can reset your password with the help of an automated password reset tool just by downloading the Tool and you can reset password in any version of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.