Getting in a situation where you are unable to print check or an important invoice from QuickBooks can be extremely annoying, especially when you don’t even know the reason. So, whenever your QuickBooks freezes when taking printouts, it is important to find out if the printing issue happens outside QuickBooks too. In order to fix the problem, it is important to check if the printer is working correctly in Windows, here’s how:
Step 1: Switch off the printer. Now restart you computer and switch on the printer.
Step 2: Make sure the paper tray is loaded.
Step 3: Click on Widows Start button and select Control Panel.
Step 4: Now double-click on Printers and Faxes.
Step 5: If the printer is Offline, right-click on the printer then choose Use Printer Online.
Step 6: Now double-click on the printer and if there is any pending print job, select Printer and choose Cancel All Documents.
Step 7: Now close the window.
Step 8: Again right-click on the printer and select Properties.
Step 9: Now click Print Test Page.
Step 10: If the printer prints the test page, check the printer using WordPad:
- Go to Start button, from the menu Select Run
- Enter WordPad and select OK.
- Enter text and select File and then choose Print.
- Choose the connected printer and give the Print command.
- Make sure that there is no error light displayed on the printer.
- If needed, refer printer’s manufacturer for any of the given below problem:
- The printer is showing error indications.
- The printer fails to print from WordPad.
- The printer doesn’t print the test page.
Solution: Quickbooks won’t Print
However, if the printer is printing correctly outside of QuickBooks, do the following:
Step 1: Replace the QuickBooks Qbprint.qbp file:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Now rename qbprint.qbp file.
- Open QuickBooks and try to take a printout.
Step 2: In case QuickBooks freezes or slow when taking printout, open any QuickBooks sample file and try to print it. If you get the printout successfully then your company data, template of the form or customized report might be damaged.
Step 3: Once again open a file and try to print an untouched form template or non-memorize document. In case the problem persists, verify and rebuild QuickBooks company data and try to print again.
Step 4: If you were trying to print a complete batch of form, try printing a single form. In case, you are able to print a single form, try printing in smaller batches.
Step 5: In case, you were able to print from QuickBooks from this file:
- Switch off the printer. Now restart your computer and switch on the printer.
- Open QuickBooks and select File
- Choose Printer Setup and check the printer settings for any specific file you were trying to print.
- Select Help to know more about settings.
Step 6: Make sure you have the latest drivers for your printer. If not, go to the manufacturer site to get the latest version of drivers.
Step 7: Go in to selective startup mode.
Step 8: In case QuickBooks still freezes while taking printouts, it is recommended to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
To Know more about, Call us ✆+1-855-481-5338