One of the most perplexing errors you may experience while opening your company file is none other than QuickBooks script errors. In QuickBooks, a script error provides no information about the cause and displays an error message that makes it quite difficult to understand. If you’re also fed up with such annoying errors then read this article as it discusses all possible ways to get rid of such scripting errors in QuickBooks with ease. Along with the troubleshooting instructions, we’ve included a thorough description of the QuickBooks Script error and its causes; make sure you go through the entire article to get all the details.
- 1 Understanding of QuickBooks Script Error
- 2 Indications of QuickBooks Script Error
- 3 What Causes QuickBooks Script Error?
- 4 How to Resolve QuickBooks IE Script Error All The Time
- 4.1 1. Method One: Add Intuit As A Trusted Website in Internet Explorer
- 4.2 2. Method Two: Run The Internet Explorer in Compatibility View
- 4.3 3. Method Three: Clear Cache Data within Internet Explorer
- 4.4 4. Method Four: Turning Off The Add-ons within The Internet Explorer
- 4.5 5. Method Five: Set the Internet Explorer as Default Internet Browser
- 4.6 6. Method Six: Clear SSL Certificates from the Internet Explorer
- 4.7 7. Method Seven: Add the URL in the Error Message to the Restricted Websites List in QuickBooks
- 4.8 8. Method Eight: Turning off the Script Error Notification within the Browser Settings
- 4.9 9. Method Nine: Re-Installation of Internet Explorer
- 4.10 1. QuickBooks Script Error Line 13
- 4.11 2. QuickBooks Script Error Line 229
- 4.12 3. QuickBooks Script Error Line O
- 4.13 4. QuickBooks Script Error Line 300
- 4.14 5. QuickBooks Script Error Line 67
- 4.15 6. QuickBooks 2011 Script Error
- 4.16 Possible Cause:
- 4.17 Solution:
- 4.18 7. Script Error when Opening QuickBooks
- 4.19 8. QuickBooks Pro 2014 Script Error
- 4.20 9. Script Error QuickBooks 2010
- 4.21 10. QuickBooks Pro 2015 Script Error
- 5 FAQ
Understanding of QuickBooks Script Error
Indications of QuickBooks Script Error
When a error occurs, it will display the following symptoms:
- When using the online bank website to enter bank feeds, an error warning appears.
- During QBO loading, the process timed out.
- The Internet is performing poorly.
- The keyboard and mouse inputs on your PC are slow to respond.
- When using QBO Internet Explorer, a script error occurs.
- An error message appears, informing you of the problem and prompting you to run or terminate the script.
- Attempting to log in is blocked by a window.
What Causes QuickBooks Script Error?
The script error in QuickBooks is usually caused by Internet Explorer’s faulty settings. QuickBooks is designed to work well with Internet Explorer in order to be as efficient as possible. If you’re using an outdated or misconfigured browser, you’re more likely to get a QuickBooks script error.
Here are few of the reasons:
- If the browser is not configured favorably to the QuickBooks, then the error can hit your business accounting.
- If the Internet Explorer is already running when you make the page request, then also QuickBooks script error can be triggered.
- Make sure that QuickBooks is synced with Internet Explorer or wait for the error to crop up.
How to Resolve QuickBooks IE Script Error All The Time
There are more than one ways available in amending the error. You simply have to carry out the steps as discussed in every method and then do check the error resolved or after every attempt methods.
1. Method One: Add Intuit As A Trusted Website in Internet Explorer
- Go to the Settings and open Internet Explorer then move to the Security tab
- Next, add *Intuit.com under the Trusted Sites as a trusted website
- Now, move back to the Trusted Sites window
- Uncheck the option “Require server verification (https:)
- After that, exit from the Trusted Sites window and then uncheck the option “Enable Protected Mode”
- Finally, exit from the Internet Explorer and try again to run the QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Method Two: Run The Internet Explorer in Compatibility View
- First, you have to open the Internet Explorer and then click Tools
- Open the Compatibility View window by going to the Compatibility View Settings
- Give a checkmark which is next to the checkbox “Display all websites in Compatibility View”
- At last, save all the changes by clicking “Close”.
3. Method Three: Clear Cache Data within Internet Explorer
- Go to the Internet Explorer Settings >>> Browsing History section
- Hit the Delete button and then select the History >> Cookies >> Temporary Internet files
- Now, you have to click on the Delete button
- At last, hit Apply followed by Ok tab.
4. Method Four: Turning Off The Add-ons within The Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu in Internet Explorer
- Select Manage Add-ons from the Programs tab
- Now, from the bottom of the screen, click the add-on and select Disable
- Exit Internet Explorer by clicking OK.
5. Method Five: Set the Internet Explorer as Default Internet Browser
- Navigate to the Programs tab in Internet Explorer’s settings
- Check Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser option after clicking the Make Default button.
6. Method Six: Clear SSL Certificates from the Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options from the Gear icon at the top of Internet Explorer
- Click the Clear SSL State button on the Content tab
- To save the changes, click OK.
7. Method Seven: Add the URL in the Error Message to the Restricted Websites List in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and select Internet Connection Setup from the Help tab
- Next, select Advanced Connection Settings
- Now select Restricted Sites from the Security tab
- Click Sites, and then copy and paste the URL that appears in the error message, as seen below:
- After that, click Add and then Close
- Finally, to save the changes, click OK and Done.
8. Method Eight: Turning off the Script Error Notification within the Browser Settings
- Click the Tool icon in the top-right corner of Internet Explorer
- Navigate to the Advanced tab after clicking Internet Options
- Remove the checkmark from the option “Display a notification for every script mistake”
- Click OK to save the changes.
9. Method Nine: Re-Installation of Internet Explorer
- Open the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu and navigate to the Add/Remove Program section
- Remove the checkbox from Internet Explorer 11 and select Turn Windows features on or off
- Return to the Turn Windows features on or off options after restarting your computer
- Remove the checkmark from the Internet Explorer 11 option and restart your computer
- Run QuickBooks to see whether the script error is fixed.
1. QuickBooks Script Error Line 13
- This may happen because of different reasons. In each case the problem will be different. However, it may happen when the account name or the account number used is already present in line 13 is used in the file and is different from the account type.
- Importing a transaction that has an account, which has not been created before the import.
- Importing a bill or an invoice which has an account by different from accounts receivable or accounts payable.
- When this problem happens you have to open the IIF in the Microsoft excel.
- Now find the row number which has been mentioned in the error in this case line 13.
- In the chart of accounts find an account name which is on the same name but is of different account type.
- Now you have to meet the required changes in the Quickbooks or IIF.
- Now save the IIF file and choose yes when you get the message ‘Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?’
- Again, import the file.
- Now, you have to delete the row because of which the error is happening.
- Select the file and choose open with Microsoft excel.
- Now, find the row which is mentioned in the error and delete it.
- Again save the file menu get the message ‘Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?’
- And then import the file once again.
2. QuickBooks Script Error Line 229
Script errors are caused because of the settings issues in the browser in this case it will be Internet explorer. This is because QuickBooks uses Internet explorer to open websites or web pages.
- The problem will remain even if you use other browser such as Mozilla Firefox. This is because Internet explorer is the default browser of Quickbooks and it will use Internet explorer for some applications even when you are running with books on a different browser.
- Sometimes, not using online applications of Quickbooks may save you from errors. But this may not be possible all the time.
- When you face script error line 229 you have to disable script notifications for every script error you receive in Internet explorer 7, 8, or 9.
- You can also turn of script debugger in Internet explorer 6.
- To do that go to Internet options available under the tools menu.
- Now choose the advanced tab.
- Now select the Disable script debugging box and then click on OK.
3. QuickBooks Script Error Line O
The information displayed on the web page depends onActive scripting, ActiveX, and Java. If somehow these have been blocked in your computer you may face issues in knowing the web page. To resolve this you have to change the security settings in Internet explorer.
- Go to Internet explorer settings and then to the Tools menu.
- Click Internet Options.
- In the Internet options you will find security tab.
- Now choose Default Level and click OK
- To check if the problem is resolved open a new web page and see the error is occurring. If the error is no longer visible the problem is resolved.
4. QuickBooks Script Error Line 300
This problem may also be caused because of the large number of temporary files in your computer. So, you should delete the temporary files as often as you can as these file tend to interfere when you open a webpage.
- In the Internet explorer go to Tools menu and then click on Internet options.
- Here you will find the General tab.
- Go to Browsing History and then click on Delete.
- You have to check the items-cookies, history, temporary Internet files and then click on Delete.
5. QuickBooks Script Error Line 67
This problem has also been attributed to issue with Internet Explorer.
If you are using Internet Explorer 11, you can stop using it. Download Internet Explorer 10 and the problem should be eliminated.
6. QuickBooks 2011 Script Error
Script errors are almost always related to Internet explorer settings problem.
Latest service pack of Internet Explorer needs to be used r software upgrades need to be downloaded. Download the upgrades and install as this may have solution for the problem and your problem can be resolved in no time.
7. Script Error when Opening QuickBooks
Antivirus installed in your computer can also cause the problem when it is configured to scan the folders in which the temporary internet files or downloaded program files are stored.
In such situations the antivirus will identify the script as a virus. To resolve this issue refer to the documentation of the antivirus and change the setting so that the temporary internet files and downloaded program files are not scanned.
8. QuickBooks Pro 2014 Script Error
Hardware acceleration used by some applications may cause when you open some websites.
The hardware acceleration can be turned off to resolve the script errors.
9. Script Error QuickBooks 2010
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer as the default browser.
To resolve this problem:
- In the Internet Explorer open the Tools Menu and then select Internet options.
- Select the Advanced Tab.
- Now clear the box with the message ‘Display a notification about every script error’ and click OK.
10. QuickBooks Pro 2015 Script Error
Script debugger can be the cause of the problem
- Disable the Script Debugger
- Go to Tools menu and then select the Internet Options.
- Choose the Advanced tab.
- Now, click on the ‘Disable script debugging’ and click OK.
The script errors in QuickBooks are usually caused because of the problems related to Internet Explorer. Some other problems like QuickBooks error 6000 can be due to anti-virus, old version of Internet Explorer, disabled java, etc. You have to troubleshoot the problem based on its cause.
Need Professional Help?
What are the different ways to fix the QuickBooks script error time?
1. Disable your plug-ins you are using in your browser
2. Again try to load the web page
3. Check that the page loads on any other device or not
4. Verify by loading other web pages that only this page is having issues or others also
5. Try to change your web browser that can help in fixing the QuickBooks script error time
6. Update your Web Browser that may fix the problem.
How to fix the “QuickBooks script error time” error if I get it while doing the exporting process?
In this situation, you have to clear the cache and the cookies from your browser and for this, the steps are:-
1. Open the Internet Explorer browser
2. Go to the top right side of the browser named Tools
3. Click on the Safety and Security
4. After that, click on the Delete History option
5. Select the check box of Cookies and website data
6. Then click on the Delete button to clear all the cache and cookies to improve its performance
7. It takes a few minutes to delete everything you selected from the browser
8. In the end, close the Internet Explorer and open it again after a few minutes.
How can I verify the Active Scripting to fix the QuickBooks script error time?
1. To verify the Active scripting, open Internet Explorer Browser
2. Go to the Internet Options
3. Further select Tools
4. Then go to the Security Tab
5. Select the default level
6. Then click on the OK button that applies the changes done by you
7. Uninstall the ActiveX file in Internet Explorer and you are done.