At the time you tries to view a webpage from QuickBooks Program, the required webpage might not get loaded or might not exactly functional properly and accurately, further a concept saying” Internet Explorer Software Error” or “An problem has took place in the script of this page” gets displayed. You don’t need to strain about safety of your database or any data file getting damaged, it is minor error that could be easily fixed and this error will will never damaged your files or cause loss of any important data.
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to access the websites. Script errors are attributed to problems related to browser settings.
To resolve this problem, turn off script error notifications whether you are using Internet explorer 7, 8, or 9. Two to this you have to:
- Go to tools menu and then go to Internet explorer.
- If the tools menu cannot be seen just press the Alt key and all the hidden menus will be visible.
- Now select Internet options.
- You have to choose Advanced tab.
- Now just clear the box in which ‘Display a notification about every script error’ is mentioned.
- Now click OK.
There are several other types of script errors in Quickbooks. Let’s see the reasons and the solutions for each of them-
QuickBooks Script Error Line 13
- This may happen because of different reasons. In each case the problem will be different. However, it may happen when the account name or the account number used is already present in line 13 is used in the file and is different from the account type.
- Importing a transaction that has an account, which has not been created before the import.
- Importing a bill or an invoice which has an account by different from accounts receivable or accounts payable.
- When this problem happens you have to open the IIF in the Microsoft excel.
- Now find the row number which has been mentioned in the error in this case line 13.
- In the chart of accounts find an account name which is on the same name but is of different account type.
- Now you have to meet the required changes in the Quickbooks or IIF.
- Now save the IIF file and choose yes when you get the message ‘Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?’
- Again, import the file.
- Now, you have to delete the row because of which the error is happening.
- Select the file and choose open with Microsoft excel.
- Now, find the row which is mentioned in the error and delete it.
- Again save the file menu get the message ‘Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?’
- And then import the file once again.
QuickBooks Script Error Line 229
- Script errors are caused because of the settings issues in the browser in this case it will be Internet explorer. This is because QuickBooks uses Internet explorer to open websites or web pages.
- The problem will remain even if you use other browser such as Mozilla Firefox. This is because Internet explorer is the default browser of Quickbooks and it will use Internet explorer for some applications even when you are running with books on a different browser.
- Sometimes, not using online applications of Quickbooks may save you from errors. But this may not be possible all the time.
- When you face script error line 229 you have to disable script notifications for every script error you receive in Internet explorer 7, 8, or 9.
- You can also turn of script debugger in Internet explorer 6.
- To do that go to Internet options available under the tools menu.
- Now choose the advanced tab.
- Now select the Disable script debugging box and then click on OK.
QuickBooks Script Error Line O
- The information displayed on the web page depends onActive scripting, ActiveX, and Java. If somehow these have been blocked in your computer you may face issues in knowing the web page. To resolve this you have to change the security settings in Internet explorer.
- Go to Internet explorer settings and then to the Tools menu.
- Click Internet Options.
- In the Internet options you will find security tab.
- Now choose Default Level and click OK
- To check if the problem is resolved open a new web page and see the error is occurring. If the error is no longer visible the problem is resolved.
QuickBooks Script Error Line 300
- This problem may also be caused because of the large number of temporary files in your computer. So, you should delete the temporary files as often as you can as these file tend to interfere when you open a webpage.
- In the Internet explorer go to Tools menu and then click on Internet options.
- Here you will find the General tab.
- Go to Browsing History and then click on Delete.
- You have to check the items-cookies, history, temporary Internet files and then click on Delete.
QuickBooks Script Error Line 67
- This problem has also been attributed to issue with Internet Explorer.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 11, you can stop using it. Download Internet Explorer 10 and the problem should be eliminated.
QuickBooks 2011 Script Error
- Script errors are almost always related to Internet explorer settings problem.
- Latest service pack of Internet Explorer needs to be used r software upgrades need to be downloaded. Download the upgrades and install as this may have solution for the problem and your problem can be resolved in no time.
Script Error when Opening QuickBooks
- Antivirus installed in your computer can also cause the problem when it is configured to scan the folders in which the temporary internet files or downloaded program files are stored.
- In such situations the antivirus will identify the script as a virus. To resolve this issue refer to the documentation of the antivirus and change the setting so that the temporary internet files and downloaded program files are not scanned.
QuickBooks Pro 2014 Script Error
- Hardware acceleration used by some applications may cause when you open some websites.
- The hardware acceleration can be turned off to resolve the script errors.
Script Error QuickBooks 2010
- QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- To resolve this problem:
- In the Internet Explorer open the Tools Menu and then select Internet options.
- Select the Advanced Tab.
- Now clear the box with the message ‘Display a notification about every script error’ and click OK.
QuickBooks Pro 2015 Script Error
- Script debugger can be the cause of the problem
- Disable the Script Debugger
- Go to Tools menu and then select the Internet Options.
- Choose the Advanced tab.
- Now, click on the ‘Disable script debugging’ and click OK.
The script errors in QuickBooks are usually caused because of the problems related to Internet Explorer. Some other problems like QuickBooks error 6000 can be due to anti-virus, old version of Internet Explorer, disabled java, etc. You have to troubleshoot the problem based on its cause.
For Expert help, Call ✆+1-855-481-5338
Read Also – What Is A Script Error In QuickBooks?