QuickBooks company file contains all the accounting data. This data is essential for each organization. Still there are many errors that can be a threat to this company file. Usually errors such as QuickBooks error code 6000– delineate that the error has something to do with the company file. In most cases, there is either a connectivity issue or the company file might be damaged. Before ascertaining about damage, users must check their internet connection, if the company file has been hosted on a server.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 6000, -305?
- 2 Reason behind the QuickBooks Error 6000, -305
- 3 Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 6000, -305
- 4 FAQ
What is QuickBooks Error 6000, -305?
QuickBooks Error 6000, -305 can occur due to 2 reasons, both of which have been stated below:
- Connection to the company file is broken
- Damaged Company file
Reason behind the QuickBooks Error 6000, -305
- The error occurs due to the damage company file .
- Or incomplete or damaged installation of QuickBooks.
- Unsuitable network setting.
- Problem with multiple network connections.
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 6000, -305
1. Method One: Use the Quickbooks File Doctor
We can use QuickBooks File doctor for scanning the company file but before that we must ensure that the network path between QB and the company file isn’t broken. To ensure this, check the network QuickBooks is connected through. If it is an online network then check the LAN wire or WLAN connection.
This can be done by:
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Network and Sharing Center
- RIght Click on the Network and check whether or not it is working correctly.
2. Method Two: Change The Directory of The Company File
- Go to file and select preferences.
- Change the directory of the company file.
- Browse to the current location of the company file and select it.
- Click on Ok
By doing so, the path of the company file will be reset. QB will be able to recognize the correct path.
If the error still persists then there might be something wrong with the company file.
3. Method Three: Troubleshoot The Company File
A. Open the company folder.
- Next, you need to find the company file.
- The transaction log file and company file will have the same name but different extensions. For example, company file will be named as [company file name].qbw.nd and transaction log file will be named as [company file name].qbw.tlg
- Right-click the company file and select “Rename” option. Enter any new name or simply add “-OLD” at the end of the name. Don’t delete extension or “.qbw.nd” from the end.
- Same way, rename the transaction log file without omitting the extension.
B. Exit the system now.
- Open QuickBooks and try to login in the company file.
- If you still get error, then try next solution: Single Mode User Check
- Make sure all the users are logged out of the QuickBooks Data file.
- Next, restart the computers.
- Now copy the data file to the desktop or to another location apart from its source.
- Again copy the data file back to its original location.
C. Sign into QuickBooks.
These are the possible fixes of QuickBooks error code 6000, -305. And if you still can’t access it, then you need to purchase the “Auto Data Recovery” tool by The Intuit Data Services to recover the files.
- Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor from Intuit’s website. Here’s a link to the application.
- Once the installation is complete, proceed by clicking on the browse button.
- Select your company file and click on scan.
- QB file doctor will first scan for issues with network and then move on to scan the entire company file.
- This can take quite a while as all the data inside the company file is scanned.
- QuickBooks File Doctor will try to diagnose and fix the problem.
- If it cannot fix the issue, it will display an error about the same.
4. Method Four: Update Your Quickbooks Desktop
- Just open your quickbooks desktop
- Move head to Help section then Choose the “Update Quickbooks Desktop” Option
- At the top right corner, click on Update Now.
- Now make a check on Reset Update and Click on Get Updates.
- Once the update is completed, just close the quickbooks
Need Professional Help?
If the error still occurs then contact a QuickBooks expert as soon as possible. We house certified QuickBooks experts who can help you in recovering your data. To know more, feel free to contact us at 📞.
What does QuickBooks Error 6000, -305 mean?
This error code usually happens when the user tries to open the company file. It is composed of 6000 series errors which usually appears due to several causes such as corrupted or damaged company files, incorrect internet connectivity and many more.
What is the best way to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000, -305?
The best way to resolve this error is to rename the transaction log first and then go to the Network Descriptor files. After this, give a click on the Confirmation button to ensure about the issue. Then try to locate a different file path and restore the company backup file. Now, you are all set to scan the network issues. Then, open the local copy of the company file. Restart your QuickBooks to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
What are the causes of QuickBooks 6000, -305?
This error appears due to many reasons such as incorrect File extension or incomplete installation of QuickBooks software. Unable to access the network server is the major reason behind this error. This issue happens when you are utilizing a non-Canadian or non-U.S version of window.