Earning the reputation of one of the most utilized accounting and financial service providing software, QuickBooks has become a household name for every small and medium scale corporation.
QuickBooks Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch
may sometimes trouble the user. Our Accountingerrors help team will guide you through the solution of this error.
What causes QuickBooks Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch
As it is visible from the name, this error has its origin in the running of the program. In simpler words, this error takes place only when QuickBooks is running, or the user is trying to access a certain function within QuickBooks.
The reason behind this error is mostly the mismatch errors which work as the catalyst for it. This mismatch error occurs within the programming of QuickBooks, and has nothing to do with the computer configuration, which comprises of:
- Conflicts inside the System Registry
- Virus/malware/spyware in the program
- MS Office induced error
- Out of date Operating system
Ways of Fixing the Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch
It is not rocket-science to fix a problem like this, though it needs a little technical expertise. This error occurs mostly because of the bug in the program, a corrupt file or interrupted installation of the software.
1. Solution One : Following are the options to troubleshoot this error
- Cleaning the registry should resolve the issue.
- Running a malware/spyware/virus check should fix it.
- Installing the Windows OS should help it.
- Program update should resolve the issue.
- Reinstalling the program is another option.
- Updating Windows Operating Software should fix it.
2. Solution Two : Editing the Registry Key should resolve the issue
Since this method requires technical tit-bits, we’ll guide you through the process:
- Open your computer and opt for Administrative Rights while starting it.
- Go to the Start menu and select (Or press Windows + R Key)
- Now type Regedit in the given field and press
- The Registry Editor will open up. Now follow this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intuit\QuickBooks\Security.
- Now, follow click on Edit, then on New and opt for DWORD Value.
- A new registry key in the right pane will appear now, created by the previous action. Now, you’ll need to name it: AllowOMWithUI and hit
- After naming the registry key, you will need to modify it. Right-click on it and opt for
- You will see a dialogue box- Edit DWORD Value. Fill 1 in the Value Data area and hit
- Now shut down the Registry Editor and reboot the computer system.
Following any of these methods will ensure that the Runtime Error disappears for good. However, if you face any difficulty while performing the operation or need some technical assistance, you can contact our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party company having a great QuickBooks Helpdesk to resolve your QuickBooks issues on Windows OS.
You can call at our toll-free helpline by dialing ✆+1-855-481-5338 and connect with one of our QuickBooks customer support tech experts. They are available 24*7.
See Also QuickBooks Runtime Error