In this article, we are going to provide the possible solutions to general Intuit Data Protect errors. Follow this simple guide step by step to identify and troubleshoot common IDP errors which could create hindrance in the progress of your work. In no time, your work should be up and running.
- 1 Common Instances Of Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Errors
- 2 Causes of The Intuit Data Protect Error
- 3 How to Resolve Intuit Data Protect Error?
- 3.1 1. Solution One: Ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest version
- 3.2 2. Solution Two: Update your QuickBooks Desktop Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- 3.3 3. Solution Three: Make sure That IBuEngHost.exe File is Running As a System User
- 3.4 4. Solution Four: Exempt The IDP Files from the Firewall Restrictions
- 3.5 5. Solution Five: Make sure to Add Intuit Domains as trusted sites in IE
- 4 FAQ
- 4.1 What types of errors can you fix by disabling the Intuit Data protect option in QuickBooks Desktop?
- 4.2 How can I open Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks while fixing Intuit data protect error?
- 4.3 What do you mean by Intuit data protect error in QuickBooks?
- 4.4 What are the minimum requirements that I need to run Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks to prevent data protection errors?
Common Instances Of Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Errors
When a User tries to back up the company data, there may be various instances of intuit data protect issues due to faulty windows firewall settings.
Some of them are listed below:
- Intuit Data Protect is no longer working
- Unable to find IDP icon from Windows taskbar
- Scheduled IDP backup is not working
- Intuit Data Protect is not on my computer
- Error 305 occurs while backing up with IDT
- Intuit Data Protect is not showing up
- Intuit Data Protect backup failed due to Firewall or Internet connectivity problem
- Intuit Data Protect no longer starts automatically
- Login error in Intuit Data Protect IDT
- Intuit Online backup not working
- Intuit Data Protect issues caused due to the erroneous data file
- Incorrect installation of the Intuit Data Protect
If you got any of the mentioned above issues while using the intuit protect utility, then there might be the mentioned below causes, which trigger these issues
Causes of The Intuit Data Protect Error
- The error occurs, due to the outdated version or damaged version of Microsoft.Net Framework.
- And also if the QuickBooks application or Intuit data protection is outdated.
- QuickBooks blocking by the windows firewall and IDP services gets connected to the internet .
- Entered the incorrect login id & password for IDP.
- In the list of the windows startup program IDP services are not available.
We recommend creating a backup before you proceed with the process:
How to Resolve Intuit Data Protect Error?
1. Solution One: Ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest version
In case, you find that it is not, follow these simple steps to update it:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and go to the help menu, click on Update QuickBooks.
- Click on Update Now.
- Go down and make sure that Data Protect is turned on.
- Click on Get Updates.
- Once the update process is through, close QuickBooks Desktop and reopen it to apply the changes.
- Once you are done with the updates, go to the second Solution 2.
2. Solution Two: Update your QuickBooks Desktop Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
Once Intuit Data Protect is updated to the latest version available, most of the common IDP related errors could be resolved.
- Go to the taskbar and look for Intuit Data Protect icon (It will be available in the system tray)
- Right-click the concerning icon and select About Intuit Data Protect.
- Now, click the Update button which will provide you with the latest IDP update.
- This solution should be able to resolve your issue.
- In case, the issue is not resolved even after updating your QuickBooks Desktop and Intuit Data Protect, we will move on to the next solution.
3. Solution Three: Make sure That IBuEngHost.exe File is Running As a System User
To an efficient functioning of Intuit Data Protect, the IBuEngHost.exe file should run as a system user. Make sure the file must not run as a windows user.
To check whether the file is running as a system user or windows user, You need to follow mentioned below steps:
- Give it a Right click on the Windows Taskbar & choose as start task manager from the Drop-Down list
- Now select details tab & locate IBuEngHost.exe, & there you must check if it has “User name-system” & “Status-running” if not follow these steps:
- Download a new installer for quickbooks desktop version and save it to the one click access location.
- Now, just right click on the installer from where you saved it prior & select run as administrator from the list.
- Now you just need to move further with the reinstallation process.
- Once the reinstallation process is completed, look for IBuEngHost.exe in task manager again & check the same criteria which is specified above for BuEngHost.exe file
4. Solution Four: Exempt The IDP Files from the Firewall Restrictions
For an efficient backup process, Intuit Data Protect always needs to access a company file. To make it happen, you must ensure the important files are not blocked by the Windows firewall.
- First of all click on the Windows Start Icon & then navigate to the search field & type Firewall & hit the Enter
- Now select Allow an app through Windows firewall >> Allow Another App.
- Click on Browse, Locate QBIDPservice.exe and then Click Open
- Choose Network Type and next checkmark the box for private
- Next, click on add
- Once again, Browse & open IBUenghost.exe and IntuitDataProtect.exe.
- Please make sure that you see “the file already exists” at the end of this procedure.
5. Solution Five: Make sure to Add Intuit Domains as trusted sites in IE
Here below are all the Intuit domains, which you need to add as trusted domains.
If none of the above-mentioned solutions is able to resolve your issue, or if you have any other queries to make, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Solution Team to help you resolve the problems. We are a third-party agency with experience in resolving QuickBooks and related products related issues.
Need Professional Help?
What types of errors can you fix by disabling the Intuit Data protect option in QuickBooks Desktop?
1. You can prevent errors occurring while launching the not in use IDP window
2. Fix the errors which take place when IDP that required to be transferred to another host system
How can I open Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks while fixing Intuit data protect error?
To do this initially you have to log in to the company file and then discover the file option to click Backup Company. Once done now hit the Setup Online Backup button. Moreover, you can open IDP from the system tray, discover and do a right-click on the icon with green color, and then hit on Open Intuit Data Protect.
What do you mean by Intuit data protect error in QuickBooks?
The Intuit Data Protect is known as a subscription service which lets you protect data loss and other damage that takes place due to file corruption, laptop theft, virus, etc. It automatically backups the files across the internet each day or with automatic chosen time. While performing such tasks if you face any complexity then it is known as Intuit data protection error QuickBooks desktop.
What are the minimum requirements that I need to run Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks to prevent data protection errors?
1. Natively installed Windows are compatible with Data protect service. Make sure you do not try it on a virtual environment because Intuit data protection service is not supportable in Windows Parallel or virtual environments.
2. You have to install this service on the system hosting the company file
3. You require signing in as the Windows users while setting up Intuit data protect