In this article, we are going to provide the possible solutions to general Intuit Data Protect errors. Follow this simple guide step by step to identify and troubleshoot common IDP errors which could create hindrance in the progress of your work. In no time, your work should be up and running. We recommend creating a backup before you proceed with the process:
Solution 1: Ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest version. In case, you find that it is not, follow these simple steps to update it:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and go to the help menu, click on Update QuickBooks.
- Click on Update Now.
- Go down and make sure that Data Protect is turned on.
- Click on Get Updates.
- Once the update process is through, close QuickBooks Desktop and reopen it to apply the changes.
- Once you are done with the updates, go to the second Solution 2.
Solution 2: Update your QuickBooks Desktop Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
Once Intuit Data Protect is updated to the latest version available, most of the common IDP related errors could be resolved.
- Go to the taskbar and look for Intuit Data Protect icon (It will be available in the system tray)
- Right-click the concerning icon and select About Intuit Data Protect.
- Now, click the Update button which will provide you with the latest IDP update.
- This solution should be able to resolve your issue.
- In case, the issue is not resolved even after updating your QuickBooks Desktop and Intuit Data Protect, we will move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Adding Intuit Data Protect to the list of Trusted Websites.
We will need to add a few sites to the trusted website list of Internet Explorer to be able to enable IDP to work properly.
If none of the above-mentioned solutions is able to resolve your issue, or if you have any other queries to make, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Solution Team to help you resolve the problems. We are a third-party agency with experience in resolving QuickBooks and related products related issues.