Intuit Printing library error is one of the frequently occurring errors while printing the Form. It encounters when a form contains the font but does not display on the screen. You can quickly resolve this issue by following the Guidelines of Intuit.
QuickBooks programming has been utilized and in the end, adored by a large number of business clients around the world. Not exclusively are its highlights fresh and easy to use in any case, it helps save a great deal of time, which best the rundown for organizations as that time is put resources into center regions. QuickBooks permits the printing of invoices, structures, and different documents inside the product. This saves a great deal of time, yet when Intuit Printer Library Error shows up, it ruins the client experience. There are different classes for the error, and in this blog, we have portrayed them for you. Ultimately, we have given you the overall reasons and answers for all queries and refocus.
- 1 Causes of Intuit Printing Library Error
- 2 Description of Intuit Printing Error:
- 3 Before going to the troubleshooting method you need to check the below points:
- 4 Check the Printer’s Setting are Matching with The Quickbooks Printer Setup
- 5 Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Printing Library Error
- 5.1 1. Method One: Testing the network connection of your printer
- 5.2 2. Method Two: Design and verify font for your specific invoice
- 5.3 3. Method Three: Printer is Online
- 5.4 4. Method Four: Change the name of the File
- 5.5 5. Method Five: Check the printer
- 5.6 6. Method Six: Printing Test Page
- 5.7 7. Method Seven: Verify the Printer
- 5.8 Try some additional methods
- 6 Methods To Resolve Resolving the Intuit PDF Driver Error
- 7 Steps to Sort Out The printing error “ The form you are about to print does not fit on the page” error
- 8 How to correct the template’s paper size for the forms
- 9 FAQs
Causes of Intuit Printing Library Error
The reason of this error lies in the improper installation of the PDF Printer Driver while installing QuickBooks Desktop on your computer system running on Windows Operating Software. When the driver is not installed properly, this error prohibits the use of QuickBooks in an effective manner. Intuit Printing Library Error could be addressed precisely if the guidelines provided below are followed with caution.Show More
- Which font is mentioned in your form, it is not available in your system.
- Mismatched combination of the fonts.
- There is not enough space available on the computer RAM.
- The connected printer is not supported .
- The printer driver is missing.
- Connection failed .
- The main reason behind this error is .NET Framework does not install properly or is damaged.
- Or corrupted file download.
- Invalid entries in your windows registry
- Damage caused by malware attack.
- Unexpected shutdown due to the power failure.
Description of Intuit Printing Error:
When trying to give a command from QuickBooks to the printer to print or save a pdf file, this message appears on the screen of your computer: ‘Error: The PDF Driver cannot be found. Please contact Intuit Customer Support.’
Before going to the troubleshooting method you need to check the below points:
- Make sure that you have updated the QuickBooks to its latest release.
- Your printer should be connected to your computer and check that the printer software should be installed.
Check the Printer’s Setting are Matching with The Quickbooks Printer Setup
To check the setting of printer with the Quickbooks Printer Setup, You need to follow the mentioned below steps:
- Run the Quickbooks & click on File section.
- Now, from the File Menu Select Printer Setup
- Click on the form to be printed from the list.
- Click on Options from the printer setup window.
- Now the window is showing you “Paper & Paper Attributes” please make sure that the printer is set to print on letter size paper & must be portrait orientation.
- Now, Hit on Ok button.
- Now, Again go to the same printer setup window, there must be an option of printer type.
- Select the option, which is equal to your printer from the drop down arrow.
- Now click on ok & check whether the error is gone or still there.
Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Printing Library Error
There are various methods to resolve the intuit printer library error that could not print to the printer. Some of them are given below.
1. Method One: Testing the network connection of your printer
- Type notepad in the search bar.
- Now write a line and select the print option.
- Then select the right printer and click the print option.
- If you get your printed paper documents, it means the printer is connected properly.
2. Method Two: Design and verify font for your specific invoice
- Firstly open the QuickBooks, then select the customer option and create a customer invoice.
- Into the formatting section pick the customer data layout .
- Then press on the Basic customization.
- Finally open the change the font bar section and follow the given instructions:
- Now select the change font into the Font option.
- Select the font that you want .
To follow these above given steps and instructions to change font for your Invoice – Company Name , Address , Subtotal etc.
3. Method Three: Printer is Online
- Turn off your printer and unplug, then restart your PC and again turn on the printer.
- Press the Windows start button.
- Select the Control panel.
- Now select devices and printers.
- Into the Printer option select the printer properties.
- Hit print for a test page.
- If you get your printed pages the press OK.
4. Method Four: Change the name of the File
- Right click on the QBprint.qbp file and select the Rename option.
- Putting the file name (QBprint.qbp.old).
- Now open the QuickBooks.
- Into the file menu select the Printer setup.
- Firstly choose the transaction from the list and hit OK.
- Now the new file name is QBprint.qbp file .
- Open it and print your data.
5. Method Five: Check the printer
You can use Notepad to check if the printer can print without QuickBooks.
- Press Windows button >>> search Notepad
- Now type something and select the File option and then select print to print what you have entered
- Choose the appropriate printer and select Print.
6. Method Six: Printing Test Page
If the printer test works fine then it’s ok. However, if it doesn’t work you can start below from the 4th point.
- Turn off your printer and Computer.
- Now again switch on the printer
- Check if the papers are loaded properly in the tray
- Now press the Start button>>> go to Control Panel>>> then select the option Printers and Faxes.
- If anyhow, the printer is Offline you can right-click the printer and use the printer online select Use Printer Online
- Locate the printer and double click the printer and if any print jobs are showing, select the printer and cancel and select Cancel All Documents.
- Now close the current window
- Locate the printer, select Properties >>> select Print test Page
7. Method Seven: Verify the Printer
To verify the printer follow the below procedure step by step.
- Open the QuickBooks, go to the File menu, and after that select Printer Set up option
- Select the form which needs to be printed.
- Check if the printer name is matching with the printer which you will use.
- If the name is not matched you need to correct the printer setup before proceeding
- To the printer set up to follow the below points.
- Go to the File option >>> Printer Setup
- Select the form which should be printed
- Now select any one printer but that should be different, you can also select Microsoft XP printer
- Go ahead and try to print any different form, for any customized form you should get a standard form
- If you are preparing to print batch files, then first print a single form and if that is successfully printed then you should go with the printing of small batch
- Open any one QuickBooks sample company file and try to print it in a form or report.
- If it gets successful then you should use Resolve data damage on your company file to sort out any data damage done inside the files.
- Try to print again
- In the end, go to selective Startup mode, finally check if the error persists or not, and if yes then go for Reinstallation of QuickBooks with a clean installation.
Try some additional methods
There are some additional methods.
Check if the Printer is Local or on a network
Local – If it is local then there may be a problem with the printer or the computer. Check if both are connected. You can troubleshoot the printer you have
Network – If it is in-network then might be settings are not configured properly.
Status monitor Running – Check of the status monitor is set to appear when an error comes or you print.
- If Yes – If it is yes you need to change the settings for the status monitor so that it may show only where the error comes from. Cross-check spool path information and change the settings to RAW.
- No – If no try the below step.
Check if other printers are mapped to LPT1? Check if you are using a Switch Box for multiple printers.
Follow the below steps if it is the issue behind the error.
- Connect your printer to the computer directly and try to print
- If you don’t know if you are using a switch box or not get back to the IT person
Check if you have installed any other driver
- You can use any other drivers to print, it might work
- If you don’t know how to use the other driver contact the IT person
Methods To Resolve Resolving the Intuit PDF Driver Error
One easy way to resolve this error on your QuickBooks Desktop is to update it to the latest release. If the error is still not resolved, our AccountingErrors help team suggests you to follow these steps to resolve the issue thoroughly.
Make sure that you do not skip any step in the method given below. Skipping a step will create more troubles than resolving the issue for you. Contact a QuickBooks expert in case you need assistance with the technical part:Show More
- Shutdown your computer and log in with Administrator rights. If you are unable to login with administrator rights, get in touch with your system administrator to get help.
- Open the MS Windows Explorer (Go to the Start button and right-click on it. Select Explore). Browse to the location of your QuickBooks folder on your computer. The default location of QuickBooks Folder is C:\Program Files\QuickBooks\.
- Go to PDFdrv folder and open it.
- Click two-times on install.exe file.
- Go to Amyuni Document Converter window, see if the printer was installed:
- In case the Printer was installed, go to step 10 and continue from there.
- If you cannot find the Printer installed, continue with step no. 6.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Windows\System32\wbem folder.
- Choose framedyn.dll file.
- Go to Edit menu and copy.
- Now go to the C:\Windows\System32 folder and open it.
- Go to Edit menu and then Paste to put the framedyn.dll file into the folder System32.
- Once again, go to C:\Program Files\QuickBooks\PDFdrv folder.
- Click two times on the restorePDFdrv.bat folder.
- Now launch QuickBooks and give a command to print a document to see if the method has resolved the issue or not.
Steps to Sort Out The printing error “ The form you are about to print does not fit on the page” error
You need to make sure that the printer settings should be matched with the QuickBooks Printer settings.
To get that done follow the below steps.
- Open the QuickBooks applications software.
- Go to File menu >>> and select Printer Setup option
- From the given list of forms, click any one form to print
- Now go to printer setup Windows and click option menu
- You can see the window name as “ Paper and Paper Attributes”.
- Verify that in settings for the paper print it should be “print on letter size paper and portrait orientation”.
- If the above options are not selected change it to “print on letter size and portrait orientation” and click ok.
- Locate the printer type option available in the printer setup window. Choose the option which should be equal to your printer.
- Finally, click ok
How to correct the template’s paper size for the forms
- Write down somewhere which template you are using for the current transaction
- From the menu bar, go to Lists and select Templates
- You can see the Basic customization window appearing once you click on the template
- Choose the additional customization button after that click the Print tab
- You can use the Layout Designer button to modify the layout
- To check the paper size check ” Use specified printer settings below for this (form name )” is marked otherwise you need to modify the template layout.
- verify if ” Use (form name) Printer settings from Printer Setup” is checked, now click ” Use specified printer settings below for this (form name)”.
- Finally, check the printer settings
Need Professional Help?
Following the method given above will ensure that PDF Printing problem is resolved on your QuickBooks Desktop running on the Windows OS based computer system. If you need assistance with the solution given above, we suggest you to get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. You can give a call at the QuickBooks toll-free helpline 📞 to get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Tech Experts. They serve the QuickBooks users on a global level and are available 24*7 to help you out.
What are the significant reasons for printing library errors?
💠 When invoice included an incorrect combination of fonts
💠 The printer is incompatible with QuickBooks.
💠 Less memory space in RAM
💠 The font of the Form does not appear on the system.
How can I check the incorrect form template?
💠 Open your QuickBooks
💠 Choose Customer
💠 Hit on Create Invoice
💠 Choose Basic customization
💠 Locate change the font for section Hit on Change Font
💠 Discover Font
💠 Choose Font type
What items need to have the same font in Form to fix library errors?
Company Name, Labels Data, Company Address, Total Labels, and Subtotals Labels must contain font.
How can I check the Printer Connectivity to resolve the printer library error?
💠 Open QuickBooks
💠 Click on the File option.
💠 Select Printer Setup.
💠 Choose any transaction to print
💠 Check the displayed name of the printer and ensure that name is the same as with printer name.