With QuickBooks, you can easily create backup of your accounting data. All data is saved into a .qbb file which can then be easily restored to any compatible version of QuickBooks. If on the other hand, you import a company file created in a preceding version of QB, then QB will automatically convert your company file and make it compatible to the new version. This removes the hindrance of contacting professionals just for moving your data file from one version of QuickBooks to another.
Another thing that users must note is that the version of QB that they are trying to import the backup files into. Some versions of QuickBooks are not compatible with .qbb files. Hence, you won’t be able to restore your data. Still, all recent versions of QuickBooks Desktop Pro such as 2015,2016 and 2017 can read and import .qbb files.
Importing .qbb file in QuickBooks Pro, follow the steps provided below:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- Select File
- Click on Open or Restore Company File
- Click on Restore a backup copy
- Click next and select backup type. Hit next
- Browse to the location of company file and double click on it
- In the Where do you want to restore the file? window, select the location where company file is to be saved.
- Click on Save
Make sure that you do not overwrite any existing company file while restoring the .qbb file. Choose a unique name for the new company file that will be created with the backup. If you see any message to replace the previous company file, then rename the current company file.
You can even import this data into QuickBooks Online, by following the steps provided below:
- Import .qbb file into QuickBooks Desktop by following the aforementioned steps.
- Select the Company menu
- Click on Export Company file to QuickBooks Online
- Agree to terms and conditions and Hit Submit
- Select the online company that data is to be exported to
- Hit Ok, Got it.
The upload process will begin. Do not turn off your system while data is being exported to QB online. If you cannot find the export to QuickBooks online option in QuickBooks Desktop, then update your software.
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞+1-855-481-5338.