Peachtree has carved a niche in the accounting solutions industry because of its high-end accounting solutions. The company has grown beyond expectations, and thus, it is also trying its best to keep up with the modern times to continuously impress the target audience with its cutting-edge technology. Peachtree changed its name to Sage, but its quality, and popularity has grown leaps and bounds.
The main reason why Sage has become a favorite is simply because it offers the advantage of managing all accounting operations without any issues. Plus, it extremely easy to learn and adopt, therefore, companies can very easily train their staff to use Sage accounting software as well. And, when it comes to any technical error in Sage, then we do have a dedicated AccountingErrors Sage technical support team which is capable of resolving all your Sage related problems with ease.
When it comes to Peachtree error 1602, it mostly happens at the time of installing Sage accounting software. There can be various variations of this error like:
- Error 1605, 1628, 1618, 1701, 1721 etc. while when installing or even when uninstalling Sage 50 Accounting
- Error 1603 can even appear subsequently
- An error stating “1605 This action is valid for products which are presently installed.” Happens while trying to uninstall Sage 50
Main Causes of Peachtree Error 1603
Error 1603, 1618, 1628, 1704, 1721 etc generally occur when the user is attempting install or uninstall the software onto the operating system. This is basically a Microsoft error which is connected with Windows installation engine. Most of the times, Sage error 1721 or 1722 is followed instantaneously by the error message 1603.
Also Find : All about Peachtree Error 1639
How to Resolve this Error?
- Firstly, please follow the troubleshooting steps available on the Microsoft Knowledgebase to resolve this error.
- After this you would require the latest edition of the Windows Installer. To verify whether you have the latest version of the Windows Installer or not get into the C:\WINDOWS\system32, there, you would have to right click on the option that reads as “msiexec.exe”, and then click on Properties – Version.
- You may even choose to download the Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable, which is a package from the official site of Microsoft.
- In case you are working with Windows XP, it requires Service Pack 2 or greater already installed. If you do not have it, then please install it and then try out the steps.
- If the problem still persists after you have installed the updated edition of the Windows Installer and have also rebooted the computer, then follow these steps:
- Select Windows Start and click on Run
- Key in CMD to open the command prompt, and there insert these following commands:
- msiexec /unregister
- msiexec /regserver
- Once the installer is re-registered, attempt to reinstall Sage 50 Accounting.
- Take the backup of the registry
- After removing the keys also, attempt a full uninstall and reinstall
In case you are unable to fix this error by following the steps or you are confused about anything listed above then please get in touch with our Sage technical support team by dialing ✆. The technical helpdesk is open 24*7!