Sage 50 is basically an advanced accounting software which was earlier recognized as the Peachtree accounting software. The solutions are developed by the Sage Group for smooth running of the accounting functions in various small and medium enterprises.
The new-age technology as well as the ease of using it have made this software a favorite of the most of the accounting professionals. The tools and solutions have made the work flow smooth.
- 1 Installing Sage 50 Payroll Across a Network
- 2 Running the Network Set up option
- 3 Here’s how you can accomplish a peer-to-peer network installation at Sage 50:
- 4 Installing Sage 50 on the other Computer
- 5 FAQs
Installing Sage 50 Payroll Across a Network
Network Setup option present on Sage 50 is used to install Sage 50 across a network only if you have a multi-user license of Sage 50 software. The licensed version is required to install Sage 50 on multiple computers through the Network Setup option.
Running the Network Set up option
Run the Network Setup option in order to set up a multiple user installation at Sage 50. Again, you would need a multi-user license in order to install the software across peer-to-peer networks.
However, you may need further help in the installation process. In order to make the installation process easier for you, we have curated a list of steps to help you smoothly install peer-to-peer network at Sage 50. Only a few easy steps are required to install peer to peer network at Sage 50.
Types of Multi-user Networks
Every Sage 50 multi-user installation process depends on the category of the network. There are two major sorts of categories of the network with which you can use the Sage 50 Payroll, and these two are:
Total Time: 10 minutes
Peer to Peer Network
Sage 50 is installed across a peer-to-peer network only when the software is required to be used from every computer. In fact, this also comprises of the computer which has got the data. That specific computer which is known to hold the required data is titled as the ‘Host Computer’.
Whereas, when it comes to installation through the client/server network, it basically implies that the Sage 50 is required to be used from every client computer but the only restriction is that the information or date will only be held by the server computer.
Though, there is one important thing to make note of, that no matter whether you want the type of network is peer to peer or client server, every computer on which Sage 50 is used has to be linked to the host or the server computer. This is required to enable the computers to access the data.
Here’s how you can accomplish a peer-to-peer network installation at Sage 50:
Firstly, you need to make sure that you are logged on to every computer, with admin rights before starting with the installation process.
1. Initial Steps
- The first step is to install the Sage 50 software on that particular computer where your information has to be stored, and create your companies.
- Now, just log on to every each company, and then create a user name for every particular person who would be using Sage 50.
- One of the most important steps is to share the filter which consists of the present on the host computer. Plus, you also need to give at least ‘Modify’ access to every user. This is important to ensure that every user has access to the data files in Sage 50.
2. Location of the files
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Server 2008 – C:\ProgramData\Sage\Payroll
This will be the ideal default location of all the data files in Sage 50.
3. Mapping a network drive
On every computer which will be linked to Sage 50, if needed, map a drive to the shared folder. This step is important as it will enable one to browse through more easily to the folder, especially while setting up the data connection for the first time. The drive is only used as long as the data is connected, and not after that. Now, the complete UNC path will show up on the Open Company window as well as within the software.
Installing Sage 50 on the other Computer
- Firstly, make sure that not even a single user is logged on to Sage 50 on the first computer. Now, open Sage 50 Payroll on the other computer and key in your serial number as well as the activation key and click on Next.
- Secondly, in the select an option window, choose an existing set of Windows data, and click on.
- Now, you would have to key in the Enter the path to your Payroll.mdb data file. And, to search for a file, click on Browse, find out the Payroll.mdb and click on Next.
- Just recheck the company details ones again and hit finish.
That is it, now you have successfully accomplished peer to peer network installation on Sage 50. But, if you face any issues then do not forget to connect with the technical support team of Sage 50. Our Sage technical support team is available round the clock. The Sage 50 technical support experts are there at every step with you to help you resolve any problem related to Sage 50. Call on the toll free number ✆+1-855-481-5338 to directly talk to them.
Is it important to log out of all the systems that are connected peer to peer?
Yes, you have to logout the Sage 50 software from all the systems so that the process can be implemented. On the system that having the hosting must not have even the single user logged into it.
Do I need to perform it on every system; after performing these steps on the first computer?
Yes, after completing the process on one system or you can say the first system, you have to do the same steps on each system one by one.
Is there any issue if I save its location somewhere else rather than default?
No, there is no issue. But we recommend you to save it in the default location as when you have to resolve any issue or check any file or folder then you must remember the location that you changed. To ignore this thing you have to save it to the default location.