While using QuickBooks accounting software, you might encounter some serious error such as QuickBooks Backup Error 2277 leaving an error message on your computer screen. This error is caused while creating the backup of the company file.
If you also encounter the similar kind of error in QuickBooks software, simply follow the resolution steps given below to fix the QuickBooks Backup error 2277 manually. Also, you can directly connect with the AccountingErrors professional on QuickBooks Error Support to avail reliable solutions and instruction .
- 1 Causes Behind The QuickBooks Backup Error code 2277?
- 2 How to Fix QuickBooks Backup Error 2277?
- 3 FAQ
Causes Behind The QuickBooks Backup Error code 2277?
- This error encounters while trying to create the company data files backup.
- Unsuccessful and incomplete backup of the files.
- QuickBooks Backup error 2277 makes the system slow. The system even freezes or the program becomes unresponsive.
- There is a probability that the company data files or QuickBooks gets corrupted.
How to Fix QuickBooks Backup Error 2277?
1. Method One: Run the IDP Tool
- Right click on the tool Intuit Data Protect
- Click on the About Intuit Data security
- Press and hold CTRL + F2 keys to start the IDP tool
- Now, select Run Diagnostic and then reconfigure the program to access the IDP files.
- You need to verify the manufacturer’s website if the IDP tool has identified some problem with a 3rd security software or firewall.
2. Method Two: Insert Windows Firewall Ports
- Select Control Panel, click to System and go to Security section
- Click on the Windows Firewall > and then select Advanced Settings
- Select the Inbound Rules from the window ‘Advanced Settings’
- Click on the New Rules
- Then, type the ports and then hit Next
3. Method Three: Add the reliable sites in Internet Explorer
- Start the Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools > to select the Internet Options
- Select the Security tab and then unmark Enable Protected Mode box
- Click on the reliable Sites and then click on these Sites
- Unmark server verification box for all sites
- Add the sites in the reliable site list such as *.backup.com, *.intuit.net, *.intuit.com, and then select close
- Click Privacy > and then choose the Sites
- Add the following websites in the Address Website box *quickbooks.com, *intuit.com
- Now, click allow after adding web address each time
- Click OK
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools > choose the Internet Options
- Click on the General tab
- Click Delete from the history section
- Check Mark the given boxes:
- *Temporary Internet Files and website files.
- *Cookies and website data.
- *Form data.
- *In Private Filtering.
- Uncheck the website data and Preserve Favorites box.
- Click Delete
- Choose Clear SSL State, hit OK and then turn off the Internet Explorer
We are positive enough that the above-given steps allowed you to fix the QuickBooks error code 2277 effortlessly and you are by now easily able to create the backup of the company files.
However, you can connect with the AccountingErrors experts at ✆ if you still encounter some errors. Our certified experts ensure to fix the error in limited time and provide appropriate solution and instruction needed on QuickBooks Technical Support Number .
How can I repair the QuickBooks error code 2277?
You can fix this error in multiple ways but the best and fastest way to fix this error by running the Intuit data protect diagnostic tool or you can also add it to some trusted sites. Before choosing any method to resolve this, you have found out the reason behind your error. It will help you to choose a suitable solution to save your quality time.
What are the reasons behind the QuickBooks error 2277?
The primary reason can be an unsuccessful and incomplete backup of your company files. Another reason behind the error is corrupted or damaged company data files. It makes system performance slow, which might lead to freezing your window or the running program becomes unresponsive.
How can I restore the backup file to avoid the QuickBooks error code 2277?
From the QuickBooks homepage, open the File menu. Hit the click on the “Open or Restore Company” option. Choose the “Restore a backup copy” and click on the Next button. Once you have done, then choose the Local Backup and move forward to select the location where you want to save the restored company file.