When you are using QuickBooks Desktop and accessing its webmail, you face an error after entering your email password. You get this error messages on the screen, which states, Couldn’t Connect to Email Server. We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider.
QuickBooks not connecting to email server is a simple problem which can be handled by the AccountingErrors QuickBooks help-team’s help-guide.
Follow the guidelines given below to ensure a good recovery.
When you try to send a form you face an error on the screen, which could indicate alternatively this too:
“QuickBooks could connect to the remote server but could not connect with the server response. Please try again to see if the problem has been corrected on the server. If the problem persists, contact QuickBooks Technical Support.”
- 1 Causes Behind the QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server
- 2 Under IE settings to default
- 3 Ways of Resolving QuickBooks could not connect the Email Server Error
- 4 Resolving the Connection Error on your QuickBooks Desktop
- 5 Methods to Use When QuickBooks Can’t Email The Invoices Because of Server Connection Error
- 6 FAQs
Causes Behind the QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server
There are so many reasons behind this error, some of them are listed below:
- Firstly check your internet connection because if the network connection is poor, then this error comes out.
- If you entered the wrong ID and password .
- Settings of the Email Server are incorrect.
- Check if your QuickBooks software then outdated needs to update it.
- If the setting is incorrect, then internet explorers may also hamper QuickBooks connection with the email server.
- QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server, an error occurs when you log in into your system and you don’t have admin credentials .
- Damaged or corrupt Email application
- Damage data (Record ) related to the QuickBooks.
Under IE settings to default
|Internet is not connected or the firewall is blocking the connection||You need to open Internet Explorer and access the website|
|Email server settings are not configured properly||Check if you have the correct settings configured|
|Providing the incorrect email address or password||Try Logging in through a web browser and check if the email and passwords are working fine and they are correct|
Ways of Resolving QuickBooks could not connect the Email Server Error
Here we are talking about “how to fix error QuickBooks could not connect the Email Server”, we a explain more than one step for resolve this error :
1. Step One: Upgrade to The Latest Version
- In the first step go to the upgrade to the latest version .
- In the next step there are two choices: first is make sure about the selected product ,and second one is ,if you want to change then visit the change link and select the QuickBooks product .
- After that download the Update file , select the Update button .
- In the last step we learn about how to set QuickBooks automatically, download the latest version and how to update, before doing the Select Automatic Update .
2. Step Two: Reset Your Web Mail ,Verify Setting
- In the 2nd step there are choice of user, from the QuickBooks edit menu
- Then select the send forms option on the left pane menu.
- Let’s move along the next, in my preferences, choose the email account which you want to use and press the edit button .
- In the next step click edit, after that open edit email information window ,Navigate SMTP server area and reset server name .
3. Step Three: Change The Internet Setting to The Default Option
- Firstly, open the Internet Explorer (IE),hit the tools menu or Gear icon .
- After that choose the Internet option.
- Then, go to the Advance Setting tab and select the Restore setting option.
- In the last step choose Ok, then shut down the browser .
After following the above steps, It is clear that error came because of some violation of Anti Virus. In such situations, It is always better to have a consultation with an IT person or Anti Virus provider to ask for help.
After above three listed solutions, if you are still facing the same issue again, then you can perform the following solutions according to the error message;
Error Messages & Their Solutions
Error – Internet not connected or Firewall blocking the connection.
Solution - Open internet explorer and try to connect or access the websites.
Error – Entered wrong authentication, wrong email or password
Solution - In this case, you can login via email account through a web browser and check whether an email account and password are working or not .
Also Find : QuickBooks Crashes When Emailing Invoices
Resolving the Connection Error on your QuickBooks Desktop
There are several available methods to resolve this issue. Any of the solutions may solve your issue, but please follow them in order:
(Note: Please follow the process in the given manner to ensure a complete and hassle-free recovery)
1. Step One: Updating the QuickBooks to its latest release
- Access the Update to the Latest Release
- Ensure that your product is selected. If it is not selected, then click the Change link and choose your QuickBooks product.
- Click the Update It will download the update file.
- Finally, click on Setup Automatic Update and learn about how you could set QuickBooks to automatically download and install the updates on time.
2. Step Two: Go to the web mail preferences and check the settings
- Go to the Edit menu of QuickBooks and choose
- Go to the left pane and select Send Form.
- Go to My Preferences and choose the email account currently in use by you and click
- Click on STMP Server Details section and fill in the server name and port to set it to your mail.
3. Step Three: Resetting Internet Explorer’s services to default
- Launch Internet Explorer and click the Tools Menu or gear icon.
- Go to Internet Options, click it.
- Browse to the Advanced tab and then select Restore Advanced Settings.
- Finally, click Ok, and exit the browser.
If none of the methods given above works and you suspect that the issue could be with the anti-virus you are using, then get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Team to help you resolve the issue.Apart from the methods described above, you can follow one of these solutions as well if you know the specifics of your issue:
- If you are connected to the internet but the connection is being blocked by the firewall, we advise you open Internet Explorer and visit any website.
- If your email server settings are not correct then follow the steps provided in the second solution.
- If it shows that your Email address or password is incorrect, then you need to login to your account using a web browser. Verify that your email address and password combination works.
Methods to Use When QuickBooks Can’t Email The Invoices Because of Server Connection Error
1. Method One: Steps to check the settings for Webmail Preferences
- Double click the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Go to Edit tab >>> Click the Preferences option
- Now locate the Send forms option which is mostly available at the left side of the screen
- Locate My Preference option and under that email account from which you are sending the emails
- Click Edit option and after go to Edit Email Info >>> go to SMTP Server Details
- In SMTP Server Details mention the correct server name and Port Number
- Finally save the settings and send an invoice using QuickBooks Webmail to check if the error is resolved or not.
2. Method Two: Resetting the Internet Explorer to the Default Settings
- Double click the Internet Explorer
- Go to the Gear Icon located at right side upper corner
- After clicking on Gear Icon >>> select Internet Options and after that go to Advanced Tab
- Restore the Advanced Settings and after that click ok
- Close the Internet Explorer
- Finally try to send the email once again
3. Method Three: Assign Windows User the Admin Rights to run QB as Administrator
A. Steps for Windows creating admin account for Windows 10
- Click the Windows button and choose the settings option
- Settings widows will be open, after that Select Accounts option
- On the left side you can see the option “Family and Other users” click it
- After clicking “Family and other users “ you can see two options Your family and other users
- Click “Add Someone else to this PC” under the Other Users option
- Locate the option “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” after that select Add a user without Microsoft Account.
- Give a new name to the newly created Account and create the password
- Click Finish
- Now, click the new account which is just created
- Go to Accounts type and make that account as Administrator accounts
- Click ok
- Close the control panel
- Restart the computer and now your new account is ready with the administrator rights
B. Steps for Windows 7 and 8
- Press Windows +R keys together to open the Run Window
- In the run window type Control Panel and click Enter
- Go to User Accounts >>> Manage Another account and after that select Create a new account option
- Give a name for the account and select the account as Administrator
- Create the account while clicking on Create
- You are done, restart your PC
C. Steps for Windows 8.1
- Press Windows + R keys and let the Run Window open
- Now type Control Panel and press Enter
- Go to User Accounts >>>Manage Another Account >>> Add a new user in PC Settings
- To add the account click “Add an account” after that click Sign in without a Microsoft account( not recommended).
- Click the Local Account and provide the additional information related to the account such as password hint etc.
- To give this account administrator rights, click new account and select Edit
- From the given drop-down list select Administrator and click ok
- Finally, restart your computer and your new administrator account is ready
Need Professional Help?
If you are still unable to perform a thorough troubleshooting of the problem, then the issue could be with the system or its settings. We advise you to get in touch with the AccountingErrors QuickBooks Tech support team of experts who can help you out in eliminating the issue. They are a third-party company which has a strong team of QuickBooks experts at their help desk.
You can give a call at their toll-free helpline number ✆+1-855-481-5338 to speak to one of their QuickBooks Experts. They work 24*7 to provide you with an instant solution for your QuickBooks issue.
See Also Quickbooks Email Invoices Error
Why is my QuickBooks email unable to work?
QB users must be sure that your QuickBooks is not running as an administrator. After that, you have to check and verify the email preferences to make sure about the correct setting with QuickBooks. Now, you have set email preferences in the internet explorer accurately. After following all guidelines, check and repair MAP132.
The first thing you have to do to open the QuickBooks Edit menu and then choose the preferences. After following on-screen instructions, choose to send forms and hit the click on the WebMail. From the drop-down menu, select the Add option. Enter all required information along with the email address and then click on OK to finish the process.
How to fix email issues in QuickBooks desktop?
Hit the first Right-click on the icon of QuickBooks and then choose the ‘Properties’. From the available preferences select the ‘Compatibility’ tab. If you run this program as Administrator is chosen, then unmark it. Proceed toward the next step with an OK click. Now, restart your system with an updated configuration that will fix this issue.