When you are using QuickBooks Desktop and accessing its webmail, you face an error after entering your email password. You get this error messages on the screen, which states, Couldn’t Connect to Email Server. We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider.
QuickBooks not connecting to email server is a simple problem which can be handled by the AccountingErrors QuickBooks help-team’s help-guide.
Follow the guidelines given below to ensure a good recovery.
When you try to send a form you face an error on the screen, which could indicate alternatively this too:
“QuickBooks could connect to the remote server but could not connect with the server response. Please try again to see if the problem has been corrected on the server. If the problem persists, contact QuickBooks Technical Support.”
Resolving the Connection Error on your QuickBooks Desktop:
There are several available methods to resolve this issue. Any of the solutions may solve your issue, but please follow them in order:
Also Find : QuickBooks Crashes When Emailing Invoices
(Note: Please follow the process in the given manner to ensure a complete and hassle-free recovery)
- Updating the QuickBooks to its latest release:
- Access the Update to the Latest Release
- Ensure that your product is selected. If it is not selected, then click the Change link and choose your QuickBooks product.
- Click the Update It will download the update file.
- Finally, click on Setup Automatic Update and learn about how you could set QuickBooks to automatically download and install the updates on time.
- Go to the web mail preferences and check the settings:
- Go to the Edit menu of QuickBooks and choose
- Go to the left pane and select Send Form.
- Go to My Preferences and choose the email account currently in use by you and click
- Click on STMP Server Details section and fill in the server name and port to set it to your mail.
- Resetting Internet Explorer’s services to default:
- Launch Internet Explorer and click the Tools Menu or gear icon.
- Go to Internet Options, click it.
- Browse to the Advanced tab and then select Restore Advanced Settings.
- Finally, click Ok, and exit the browser.
- If none of the methods given above works and you suspect that the issue could be with the anti-virus you are using, then get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Team to help you resolve the issue.Apart from the methods described above, you can follow one of these solutions as well if you know the specifics of your issue:
- If you are connected to the internet but the connection is being blocked by the firewall, we advise you open Internet Explorer and visit any website.
- If your email server settings are not correct then follow the steps provided in the second solution.
- If it shows that your Email address or password is incorrect, then you need to login to your account using a web browser. Verify that your email address and password combination works.
If you are still unable to perform a thorough troubleshooting of the problem, then the issue could be with the system or its settings. We advise you to get in touch with the AccountingErrors QuickBooks Tech support team of experts who can help you out in eliminating the issue. They are a third-party company which has a strong team of QuickBooks experts at their help desk.
You can give a call at their toll-free helpline number ✆+1-855-481-5338 to speak to one of their QuickBooks Experts. They work 24*7 to provide you with an instant solution for your QuickBooks issue.
See Also Quickbooks Email Invoices Error