Many users of QuickBooks QB Pro, Premier, or Enterprise, all versions of QB Desktop 2016, 2017 and 2018 face occasional COM Errors crash. The error first appeared in 2014, and this hampers the working of your QuickBooks while opening an email, emailing an invoice or a paystub, opening other transactions or reports.
Those QuickBooks users who regularly use Office tool, MS Excel or Web connectors frequently encounter the Crash Com Error.
- 1 What Causes QuickBooks Com Error Crash?
- 2 Solutions of QuickBooks Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7
What Causes QuickBooks Com Error Crash?
The “Crash Com Error” usually occurs after a major update in the Microsoft. It was a familiar error involving QuickBooks 2017 products that resulted after a Windows update. For many users, rolling back of the update helped. However, more recent occurring were the result of upgrading to a different version of QuickBooks or maybe just updating or implementing a critical fix on QuickBooks Errors Support Number. Another potential cause of the QuickBooks Com Error is the incompatibility of the MS office with QuickBooks.
It’s advisable to perform these solutions in the order depicted and then re-try the process that triggered the error. If the error occurs, it’s advisable to follow all the steps below:
Solutions of QuickBooks Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7
1. Solution One : Update Your Outlook
- This can be done by opening Outlook > Click on File > Office Account > Update Options > Click Update Now
- No check if the Com Error has rectified
2. Solution Two : Choose Outlook As Your Default Mail App
- On Outlook go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Set default programs > Select MS Outlook > Mark as – Set this program as default > Click OK
3. Solution Three : Add An Email Account To Microsoft Outlook
- In Outlook select the File menu > Select Add Account > Type the Email address to be added > Choose Connect
- Outlook will automatically detect the correct host server settings > when done press Connect.
- Enter the new email’s password > Select OK
Also Find : QuickBooks Crashes Again and Again?
4. Solution Four : Create a new Outlook email Profile
- Close Microsoft Outlook and then go to the Control Panel > Click on the Mail.icon
- Go to the Mail Setup > Select Show Plugins > Type a profile name > Select OK
- Add an email account to be used in your profile > Select Always Use This Profile from the drop-down > Click Apply > OK
This will add a new profile but will not delete the old one.
If the above steps do not help, there are other fixes such as using a Windows feature called “compatibility mode.” When you chose “Run this program in compatibility mode” from QB Properties, some specific windows working behind-the-scenes take to the older mode of operation in the MS operating system which utilizes older version’s settings.
Hope these steps will rectify the Com Error in QuickBooks Support. However, if you need further support you can contact AccountingErrors for a permanent fix.
Our experts have years of experience in resolving the most stubborn errors in QuickBooks with the help of the right tools that help us pinpoint the root cause of the issue.
Just call our toll-free technical support number +1855 (481) 5338 and leave the rest to us. You can also chat with our advisor live from the chat support window accessible from the bottom right on our site AccountingErrors.
Read Also: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Click Here: QuickBooks Backup Error 2108
See Also: QuickBooks Backup Unrecoverable Error.