How to Fix QuickBooks Crashes while Closing Company File Service.
QuickBooks is large software with a variety of utilities and functions. Sometimes the software freezes, fails to respond appropriately, or crashes unexpectedly with or without an error message. At times, QuickBooks may have glitches or bugs that cause this crash while the user attempts to close QuickBooks, rather abruptly.
Errors Related To QuickBooks Crash While Closing Company File:
Often, users reporting the crash may see an unrecoverable error message “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered. “Or it may give Random codes (Unrecoverable errors). Such situations may be a potential for data loss which you spent hours entering.
Here is the list of the main causes for the fix crashing of QuickBooks while closing company file:
• Opening too many windows and randomly working on invoices or Sales Orders
• Working on several reports simultaneously side by side also increases the workload
• Mailing large reports
• Working on inventory management within the report center
• Working on different lists in these centers
Here is a step by step guide to fix crashing of QuickBooks while closing company file:
Step 1: Close Windows One at a Time
Often opening too many windows in QuickBooks may cause the application to crash. Try to close the foremost window QuickBooks window independently from the top right by clicking on the “X” button. Wait for a few seconds to ensure that the program does not crash. QuickBooks Error Technical Support Number If the first window closes without any issue, continue closing other windows in the order they appeared until you have successfully closed all company files.
Step 2: Suppress the Desktop
Before moving further it is also advised to suppress the desktop with QuickBooks. This way, you can start QuickBooks without opening a company file. Doing so, you can ascertain whether the issue lies with the data, QB program or at the user’s end.
Press and hold “Cntrl” key and then click the QuickBooks icon twice. If you are able to successfully open the program by suppressing the desktop, the problem may be caused by data or the network connection.
Step 3: Test a Sample Company
You can spot a corrupted file by testing a sample company. Open a sample company while QB is opened by suppressing the desktop.
• Click “Open a Sample File” and select the first company listed from the drop-down list, choose the correct file type
If the company file opens without any issues then follow the step below:
• Click on “Edit” > Preferences > Select Desktop View > Click on Don’t Save the Desktop > OK. This will help surpass loading the desktop
If the sample company closes without an issue but QB software crashes while closing the company file, then the program may have been damaged
If the file has an issue while opening:
• Log-in as an Administrator
• Switch to Single User Mode > Go to File
• Click on Utilities > Then Verify Data > Check the list of errors once the Verify utility completes
• Click on Rebuild to resolve the issue with the corrupted file
Step 4: Deleting Corrupted Memorized Transactions
Corrupted items in Transactions might be the reason for QuickBooks to stop responding while you close. QuickBooks Support Phone Number So, you first need to delete the memorized transactions to fix the issue.
• Minimize all opened programs by pressing the Windows + D button.
• When you reach to empty desktop area, you can Right-click on the taskbar clock and choose “Adjust Date and Time.”
• Now change the year to 1 year prior
• Start QuickBooks and launch the company file again.
• Click on the Lists menu > Select Memorized Transaction List > Click View and select Re-sort List
• Double-click on the first transaction with a check mark in the Auto column, print and close it without saving
• Follow the routine for all the transactions with the check mark in the Auto column and click “Delete Memorized Transaction.”
• Now again open the company file and use the copy of the printed transactions
If you still are not able to resolve the QuickBooks crashing while closing company file, we will help you to resolve it completely by doing a detailed analysis.
AccountingErrors offers a complete range of support related to QuickBooks. You can reach us on our toll-free number +1855(481)5338 for a time-bound resolution.
You can get answers to any queries or questions by engaging in a live chat from the chat window on the bottom right from our website – AccountingErrors.
Alternatively, you can also write in to us about the issue on our Call Us: 1855-481-5338 AccountingErrors and advisors will get back to you promptly with the right solution.
Read More Also: QuickBooks Crashes Again and Again!—Resolved!