QuickBooks Enterprise 2018 Force User Logoff
QuickBooks accounting solution is prepared using utmost precision, therefore, they have good layers of encryption to safeguard the users’ data. There are log in stages that the customers have to pass. And, sometimes, you might even want to force any user logoff.
In this article, you will find all the information regarding, QuickBooks force user logoff. However, you can also call our tech support team to find out the details of QuickBooks force user logoff.
Is there a way to keep QuickBooks set to multi-client mode?
Generally when the user log off, and then they sign back what should be the mode of the client? Would it be set to multi client continually or something else? QuickBooks should be set appropriately so that the company file opens in multi client mode every time.
Let’s dig deep into the QuickBooks force user log off scenario:
At times the QuickBooks admin wants to do an activity which needs the user to stay only in Single-User Mode. In that case, the other users who are accessing the file are not present near their computers, then in that case, you would have to Log off all the users. This is done through the “Close company file for users” option. This is a special feature which is present inside QuickBooks Messenger.
Opening QuickBooks Messenger
While in the Multi-user mode, the user will see the QuickBooks Messenger icon in the system tray. It will be situated right at the bottom right of the window. In this case, QuickBooks messenger is automatically initiated whenever the users are logged in. Then, you would have to double-click the icon in order to start off the messenger.
How can an Admin user end QuickBooks for the other users?
- In order to do this, firstly, you would have to initiate the QuickBooks Messenger.
- Afterwards, click on Actions drop-down option.
- Then, click on the options that reads as ‘Close Company File for Users’.
- Click on the name of that particular user whose QuickBooks you wish to close.
- Now, click on Close Company File.
- Once, you are done with it, get to the Confirmation window
- Then, finally, you would have to click on Yes.
- The users QuickBooks will be closed.
You also have the option to completely disable the QuickBooks Messenger. Here are the steps to follow:
- In order to disable the QB Instant Messenger firstly, you would have to get into it.
- Then, only in the multi-user mode, you would be required to sign in as an Administrator.
- Get to the File or Utilities.
- Here, you would have to click on Disable.
- This will automatically disable the QuickBooks Instant Messenger.
QuickBooks messenger is a useful feature, but if you want to force log off any user, or you want to disable it, you can do it easily. For more information regarding this, you can contact our technical support experts. ✆+1-855-481-5338 is the number to get in touch with our QuickBooks helpdesk.