QuickBooks Error 0x80040707
QuickBooks errors can be very frustrating. Hindering the performance and dropping the productivity rate make things worse. Errors could be handled properly if you have a great tech knowledge, which is not always possible. One of such errors is installation errors that pop-up right before you could begin.
QuickBooks Error 0x80040707 is another installation error which troubles the best of us. AccountingErrors help-team focuses on providing the best resolution to the errors. Follow the guidelines to resolve the issue:
Understanding the Installation Error:
If you are getting an error message on your computer screen, which reads “Error Number: 0X80040707 DLL function call crashed ISRT. PathGetSpecialFolder Setup will now terminate”, then there is something wrong with the Windows Registry.
Causes of QuickBooks Installation Error:
As mentioned, this error has its roots in the problem with Windows Registry. It occurs if the path in the Windows Registry is either missing or invalid. We will need to fix the registry entry in order to resolve this issue permanently.
Resolving QB Error 0x80040707:
There are more than one resolutions for this error. Any of them might work with your system as the root of the problem varies from system to system. We suggest you follow the solutions in the given manner.
Solution No. 1:
This step is simple. Reboot the computer system and try to install QuickBooks Once more. If the problem persists, proceed to try the next step in the line.
Solution No. 2:
This step involved editing the registry entries in the Windows. We advise you make a proper backup of your registries before you proceed further in the process.
Correcting invalid registry key:
- Go to the the home screen and press Windows+R Key to launch the Run
- Type regedit in the given search bar and hit Enter.
- The registry will open on the screen.
- Now, back up the registry.
- You can see a key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on the left side. Click on the + sign given below it. The key will expand.
- Follow to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager.
- Now go to the right-hand side panel, press the right-click on PendingFileRenameOperations and go for deletion.
- Now shut down the Windows Registry and retry the installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution No. 3:
If the problem is related to the re-installation and upgrading QB, follow these guidelines:
- Browse the directory that holds the QB installation file.
- Press right-click on the file and choose Run As.
- Finally, step involves unchecking the box which reads Protect My Computer And Data From Unauthorized Activity and hit
By following these simple steps, you should be able to resolve the issue permanently. However, if the issue persists or you are in the need of further assistance with other QuickBooks related products on your Windows OS based computer system, get in touch with our online QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party consultancy which has a brilliant QuickBooks helpdesk.
You will get in touch with our QuickBooks Tech Support experts by calling our toll-free helpline number ✆+1-855-481-5338.
See Also Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
See Also Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a