What is Error Code 1310 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 1310 is a technical obstacle that is usually encountered while updating QB to the latest maintenance release or installing a new version. Incomplete or corrupted installation can cause this error. Sometimes, When a firewall considers updates to be a threat to your system, it stops new maintenance releases from being downloaded. Use the QB Install Diagnostic tool to fix the error.
Error: QuickBooks Error Code 1310
Error Message: Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll
Error “1310: Error writing to file: C:Config.Msi…”
About QuickBooks Error 1310
|Error Code:||Error 1310||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Missing or damaged data file in QuickBooks., Error occurs due to the incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||When an error occurs, the update process is terminated, and you will not be able to continue., Troubleshooting becomes challenging.||Possible Solution:||Download Tools Hub and then Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, Correct permissions from the Command Prompt.|
Users come across an error called “QuickBooks Error 1310” when they are trying to install the latest QB version or while updating their software with the latest release. If the error is encountered, instantly an error message pops up on your screen stating that “File C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll. Error writing to file.” “Error1310: Error writes to file: C: Config.msi”. However, technical hurdles are not unusual in QuickBooks; after all, it is also accounting software like other software. But fixing technical errors becomes difficult sometimes but some of the glitches can be resolved easily but for few needs expert assistance. To fix QuickBooks Error 1310 with ease, you can simply go through this blog and you’ll get all possible ways for easy fixation.
- 1 What is Error Code 1310 in QuickBooks
- 2 About QuickBooks Error 1310
- 3 What is Quickbooks Error 1310 & How to Fix it
- 4 Effects when QuickBooks Error 1310 takes place on your system
- 5 Causes of QuickBooks Error 1310
- 6 Important pointers must be considered before troubleshooting
- 7 How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1310
- 7.1 1. Solution One: Download Tools Hub and then Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- 7.2 2. Solution Two: Toggle UAC settings
- 7.3 3. Solution Three: Re-register the Microsoft Windows Installer
- 7.4 4. Solution Four: Correct permissions from the Command Prompt
- 7.5 5. Solution Five: Login as an Administrator on your Windows
- 8 FAQ
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
What is Quickbooks Error 1310 & How to Fix it
Installing latest QuickBooks updated is extremely important in order to accomplish your all kind of financial and accounting related activities with great proficiency and without any kind of complication. The best part about installing the latest QuickBooks updates is that it comes equipped with various enhanced features and fixes, which can prove to be of great help for your business.
There is no doubt in the fact that QuickBooks POS software is one the best companions that can make things very easy as well as manageable for your business.But if you not getting desired results or if you are you unable to make the most of your point of sale software or if your QuickBooks POS creating problems in doing day-to-day financial or accounting activities related to your business, you might want to switch to the latest version of your QuickBooks POS software for optimum results.
However, while installing QuickBooks updates, it is very important to do the process with utmost attention because sometimes while installing latest updates of your version of QuickBooks, you may experience different kinds of technical errors and problems. One of the most common errors that majority of QuickBooks users experience while installing QuickBooks updated is QuickBooks error 1310.
Effects when QuickBooks Error 1310 takes place on your system
- All of sudden, an error message started popping up on your screen.
- When an error occurs, the update process is terminated, and you will not be able to continue.
- You might not be able to use the current maintenance release’s new and improved features.
- Troubleshooting becomes challenging.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1310
- Error occurs due to the incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Missing or damaged data file in QuickBooks.
- Incorrect date and time on your system.
- Internet issues are also the reason behind this error.
- Insufficient permission of authorization to do any type of changes on the system.
- Firewall not allowing you to update the QuickBooks Software.
Important pointers must be considered before troubleshooting
There are few things you need to keep in mind before you start troubleshooting the error. These are:
- Make sure you have proper administrative rights on Windows.
- Restart Windows in safe mode to prevent third-party software from interfering with QuickBooks.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop on a separate drive if that doesn’t work.
- Check whether your hard drive has enough memory for the QuickBooks installation.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1310
One of the best ways to fix the above mentioned error is to download and then run QuickBooksInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file.
1. Solution One: Download Tools Hub and then Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Step A: Download and Install the QB Tool Hub
- First, close QuickBooks software
- And then download the latest QB tool hub version from the Intuit official website
- Save it on the system somewhere where it can easily find
- Next, open the file with a name “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” that you downloaded
- Perform double-click to install the program by following the instructions that appears on your screen and also agree with all terms and conditions
- When the installation successfully completes then double-click on the tool hub icon to run it on your computer.
Step B: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the tool hub program
- Look for the “Installation Issues” tab on your tool hub program
- From here, select the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” option
- Conduct the installation process when it downloaded
- Open the Task Manager and then close all programs
- Shut down and restart the PC once you’ve completed the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool troubleshooting instructions.
In case, the tool didn’t help then follow the given below solutions:
2. Solution Two: Toggle UAC settings
- Make sure you are logged into Windows with a user name having administrative rights.
- Now turn off the User Account Control (UAC).
- Once done, reboot your computer.
- After that, try installing QuickBooks or Update it again.
- Now turn on the Turn User Account Control (UAC).
- Once again, it is recommended to reboot your computer
Now, try installing QuickBooks/Update again and if the problem still persists, go on to the next solution:
3. Solution Three: Re-register the Microsoft Windows Installer
- Click on the Start button.
- Then click inside the search dialog, there typemsiexec /unreg.
- Press Enter.
- Now again click on the Start buttonand click inside the search dialog
- There type msiexec /regserver, press Enter
Once again, try installing QuickBooks/Update again and in case the problem is still there, do the next solution:
4. Solution Four: Correct permissions from the Command Prompt
- Go the Start button. Click on All Programs.
- Select Accessories.
- Then right-click on Command Prompt
- Select Run As Administrator.
- A Command Prompt window will open. There type the following commands as it is:
- icacls “C:\Config.Msi” /T /C /grant administrators:F
- On your keyboard, Press Enter
- Exit the Command Prompt.
Now, Try to install/update QuickBooks again.
5. Solution Five: Login as an Administrator on your Windows
Once you’ve logged in as an administrator on Windows, you can make whatever changes you want to fix the QuickBooks issue 1310. When attempting to update QuickBooks, you will be presented with the message “This activity requires Windows administrator permissions,” and you will be able to quickly complete the installation procedure and resolve problem 1310.
Need Professional Help?
Unfortunately if you are unable to fix the problem, call myQBpos technical experts at 📞+. We can provide proficient technical support services to diagnose and troubleshoot any kind of QuickBooks error, enabling you to continue doing your business activities with ease. With us, you needn’t worry about your business. We wont let you business suffer due to any kind of technical glitch. To help you focus, we provide wide-ranging technical assistance to QuickBooks error. And whether the problem is small or big, we put in our best efforts to fix the issue. Whether you are a beginner or an avid QuickBooks user, we treat all of our customers equally. Our technicians answer all QuickBooks related queries with utmost patience. And if needed, we also provide comprehensive solution to resolve the problem. We can guide you to get the best of your QuickBooks software and take your business to a whole new level.
In how many ways I can resolve the QuickBooks error code 1310?
There are many ways to fix this error such as disable the startup items and the services or rename the configuration with accurate steps. You can also re-register the Microsoft windows installer or correct the permissions from the command prompt or you also have a choice to change the permission for the main folder referenced in the error message. But before picking any solution, make sure the reason behind it.
How can I verify that I can access a folder after resolving the QuickBooks error 1310?
Firstly, you have to sign in as an administrator then find the C:\Program Files. After this, hit the right-click on the Autodesk folder and then go to the Properties menu. Now, you have to open the security tab and click on the Edit menu to make all new change permissions. From the new dialog box, hit the click on the administrators and then verify the box full control. The user has to do the same for the users and click on the Apply button.
How can I check and verify the folder in windows 10 while fixing the QuickBooks error 1310?
For window 10 users, hit the right-click in a folder or a file and then choose the “Properties” menu. Hit the next click on the Security tab and click on the Advanced option. Now, you have to choose the Change option which is just next to the owner name. Click on the Advanced option and choose the Find Now option to check the folder in windows 10.