Get the complete step-step guidance to fix QuickBooks error 1311. It is the most common error which encounters when users try to export a report from the system to Microsoft Excel or when updating or installing QuickBooks desktops
QuickBooks helps you do accounting and manage your financial affairs. But what happens when QuickBooks stops or starts to glitch because of some bug, issue or error that is out of your comprehension? It leaves you frustrated or makes your work lag behind the schedule. What QuickBooks error 1311, in all, does is that it gives you an error whenever you try to export a report on Financial statement Designer to Microsoft Office Excel. The error appears like this:
Error 1311: “Source file not found (filename). Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.”
The same message also appears at times of installing or updating QuickBooks Desktop or if the CD Drive or the disk has run into some problem.
- 1 What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1311?
- 2 How to Resolve Error 1311?
- 3 Installing QuickBooks from the copied folder on the desktop:
- 4 FAQs
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1311?
Noted below could be the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 1311:
- Incompatibility between Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Microsoft office installation error.
How to Resolve Error 1311?
The root of the error could lie in the issues with the CD-ROM Drive or CD Media. A quick method to get rid of the problem is to copy the installation files from CD to the Hard drive and then trying to install it from over there.
This is how you can do it:
- We will insert the QuickBooks Desktop Installation CD in the CD-ROM Drive. In case the Installation started itself, we would quit the process.
- Now we will right click on the Windows button and select the Explore option.
- In this step, we will copy the files from the CD, but before that we will create a folder anywhere on our hard-drive to copy these files to that location:
- We will create a folder on the Desktop of our computer.
- We will name the folder appropriately, i.e. QuickBooks.
- Now we will get to the left panel of the Windows file manager, browse QuickBooks CD-Rom >> Right-Click >> Explore.
- Now we will select these from the new Window that opens: Quickbooks, Third-party folders and Setup.exe files.
- We will copy these folders/files from the new Window and paste them into the new folder that we had created on the desktop. This is the last step. Copy the files and sit back, it will take a while.
Now, if the process fails, then it means that there is some problem with the CD-ROM or the CD itself. To find out the root of the problem, we will try to install QuickBooks on a different computer. If the problem persists on the second computer as well, then it means that the CD itself is corrupt. To resolve this issue, users can contact our QuickBooks Technical Support Team.
Installing QuickBooks from the copied folder on the desktop:
- We will open the folder we had created and copied the files to.
- Now we will double click on Setup and initiate the installation.
- Following the instructions on the screen, we shall be able to complete the installation.
Following this little guide provided above, anyone can resolve QuickBooks Error 1311. However, if you are not able to complete the whole process yourself, or you need assistance from QuickBooks Technical Support Officer, you can contact QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party agency with QuickBooks experts who have excellent knowledge in resolving QuickBooks related issues.
You can reach our QuickBooks Technical Support Expert by calling at their toll-free number ✆. They provide 24*7 QuickBooks Technical Support for QuickBooks and related products across the world.
See Also Fix QuickBooks Error 1310
What are the most significant causes of QuickBooks error 1311?
💠 Installing QuickBooks from corrupted CD
💠 Damaged Microsoft Office
💠 An un-supporting QuickBooks version of Microsoft office
💠 CD-ROM drive issue
How can I check the Microsoft Office compatibility?
Here is the list of steps:
💠 Locate Control Panel
💠 Discover Remove or Add programs
💠 Do a right-click on it
💠 Choose Microsoft Office to apply the modification
💠 The version must be 2000 or advanced
💠 If there is an older version, then you need to repair or modify according to the instruction provided to fix the issue
How can I restrict Access to CD-ROM to fix the QuickBooks error 1311?
💠 Locate the start option of the keyboard
💠 Discover the settings
💠 Click on Control Panel
💠 Hit on Administrative tools
💠 Choose the Local Security policy and expand the local policy folder
💠 Her you can select the security options
💠 Hit on any of the security buttons according to the version of the QuickBooks
💠 Now Restrict CD-ROM access to the local users