QuickBooks runs on simple algorithms to ensure a smoother and better experience with the Accounting operation system. Utilized by millions of business owners around the world, QuickBooks offers a range of financial services on your Windows Operating Software-based computer system, which helps you cut down the unnecessary requirement of the accounting department, thus saving you both time and money.
However, errors like QuickBooks Error 143, create a great concern when they go unresolved in the system. Your work lags behind because of such errors. It is important to understand their origin and nature before trying to troubleshoot the issue. Accounting Errors Help Team is going to guide you through the tutorial and troubleshooting method in this article to help you recover your system from the error.
- 1 QuickBooks Error 143:
- 2 Understanding the origin of the QuickBooks Error 143:
- 3 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 143
- 4 System Requirements to Avoid QuickBooks Error 143
- 5 Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error 143
- 6 Resolving QuickBooks Error 143
- 7 FAQ
QuickBooks Error 143:
There is not enough information available on the internet regarding this error. It makes it even more frustrating to understand and troubleshoot it without some technical assistance. However, when this error appears on your screen, this message is read in the dialogue box: ‘SQL Error: Error-143: Column Length not found (52003).’
Understanding the origin of the QuickBooks Error 143:
This error occurs when you try to execute an SQL statement on your QuickBooks Desktop through the use of a Web Connector.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 143
System Requirements to Avoid QuickBooks Error 143
Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error 143
Resolving QuickBooks Error 143
The reason could lie in the core of SQL system or Web Connector since Web Connector helps you link QuickBooks with third-party services. Follow the resolutions provided ahead to get rid of this error permanently:
1. First Solution: Reinstalling QuickBooks
Reinstalling QuickBooks should resolve the issue. If it doesn’t, we will try fixing the Web Connector:
- Open your Desktop with Administrator rights and hit the Start Button.
- Open the Windows File Explorer and follow this route: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooksDesktop\YourCompanyName.qbw
- Copy the data from there and save it somewhere on the local drive.
- Exit the File Explorer and insert the QuickBooks CD-ROM.
- Click on the install now on the prompt that appears on the screen.
- It will show you that the QuickBooks Desktop is already installed on your computer system.
- It will give you an option to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Follow the instructions and complete the re-installation.
- Now you will see an update request for QuickBooks Components, update them.
- The problem should be resolved now.
2. Second Solution:
If the first method did not work for you, you can try this one to resolve the error:
- Exit QuickBooks and turn off the Web Connector.
- Go to this address: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- Rename the file QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Turn on the Web Connector once again to access it. It will recreate the QWCLOG.TXT file.
- Turn down the QuickBooks Desktop and turn it on again. Now access it to find the issue resolved for good.
These simple methods provided by our Accounting Errors help team should help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 143 permanently.
In case you require some extra assistance with performing the methods to ensure the problem doesn’t appear again, get in touch with our QuickBooks experts team. They are a third-party company with an experienced QuickBooks help desk. You can CALL NOW to get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Experts. They are available 24*7 to resolve your issues.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
What are the Symptoms & Causes of QuickBooks Error 143?
This error usually happens when the user tries to execute an SQL statement on QuickBooks. It freezes your window and the user might be unable to enter any command.
What is the fastest way to fix the QuickBooks Error 143?
To resolve QuickBooks error 143, you have to check and correct the web connector. You can also re-install the web connector and perform all instructions until the program is not finished.
How would I turn off the web connector to rectify the QuickBooks error 143?
Open the Start menu and click on the “All Programs” section. Hit the next click on the “Startup” button and follow the displayed guidelines. Hit the right-click on the “Exchange Data with Web Services” option. Then, select the “Delete” option and, hit the Yes button to disable the QuickBooks Web connector from automatically introducing at startup.