Handling business is easier with QuickBooks. It helps you to keep a track of the employees and inventory along with the handling of the accounts department. However, at times, some errors like QuickBooks Error 15102 make it difficult for one to carry on with the process. Accountingerrors QuickBooks help team is always there to help you out with this error.
QuickBooks Error 15102:
This error takes place at times when you are trying to download a payroll or updating QuickBooks Desktop. You receive an error with a message displaying on your desktop screen stating: Error 15102: Failed to reset update.
What causes QuickBooks Error 1502?
There are several reasons behind this error:
- You have turned on the Shared download, but the location where downloads take place is either not accessible or invalid.
- Multi-user mode is active and QuickBooks is in the terminal server environment.
- You are not accessing QuickBooks with administrator rights on your Windows Vista.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 1502:
The prime reason for this error is out of date QuickBooks. You need to update your QuickBooks to the latest release to ensure that the problem is assessed properly. In case the problem persists after updating QuickBooks, you need to follow these options:
Ensure that the location of the mapped file is correct:
- Open the Product Information Window by clicking Ctrl+1. Look for the location path and note it down.
- Go to Choose> Update QuickBooks.
- Hit the Operations Ensure that the information given in the Download Location is not incorrect.
- In case the Download is active (Set to Yes), the drive in both Download Location and Product Information will be the same.
- In case the Download is active (Set to Yes), the drive in both Download Location and QuickBooks Desktop installation directory will be the same.
- In case you find out that the location is not correct, you will need to change the set location. Choose and follow any of the following:
- If the option Yes is opted for Shared Download, opt No and then
- If the option No is opted for Shared Download, opt Yes and then
- Hit Close and download the latest tax table from QuickBooks.
In case you find that the download location is right, you will need to remap the drive:
- Shut down your QuickBooks Desktop and its company file.
- Reroute the network drive to a new letter.
- Use the new drive letter that you have just created and access your company file from there.
- Click on Help> Update QuickBooks.
- Go to Shared Download. Turn it off and then on again.
- Ensure that the new mapped-drive letter is used by download location.
- Hit Save> Close.
- Go to QuickBooks and once again download the latest tax table.
In case you face any difficulty while performing these operations, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party consultancy which has an amazing QuickBooks help desk to resolve your QuickBooks related issues.
You can call at their toll-free helpline ✆+1-855-481-5338 to get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Tech Experts. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24*7 to resolve all your QuickBooks related issues.
See Also Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15101