Using Quickbooks Desktop helps you to secure your business in terms of safe accounting and financial operations. The importance of Quickbooks becomes more evident as the need of keeping up with the contemporary companies starts pushing you to work faster and smarter.
However, as it is clear that Quickbooks is being used by millions across the world, it incorporates some complex algorithms which make it susceptible to errors. Quickbooks Error 193 is one of such errors which create a lot of trouble for the user. Accounting Errors team understands the trouble, and that is why we are going to help you troubleshoot this error in this article.
When does Quickbooks Error 193 take place?
Pops up on your computer screen which is running on Windows OS every time you try to send a mailbag from the headquarters to a remote store, or when you try to receive a mailbag on the remote store from the headquarters.
Causes Behind The Quickbooks Error 193
Mentioned below are the reasons why this error takes place on your computer running on Windows OS:
- Presence of Duplicate department names/codes.
- Merging or deleting the customer names.
- Damaged or corrupt .qbt files.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 193
Follow the solutions step by step in the given manner to resolve the error quickly:
1. Solution One:
A. Step One : Focus on the Remote store
This step, focuses on the Remote store. You need to send a mailbag to headquarters and receive it.
- Go to Customer> Customer List.
- Choose the names one by one and delete them all one by one.
- If you want to select more than one customer at a time then click on the first customer with Shift key pressed and click on the last name in the list.
B. Step Two: Now this step is for the Headquarters
- Choose Files> Utilities> Resend Files.
- You should be able to receive the files on the remote store.
2. Solution Two:
- Go to Point of Sale.
- Click on Help> Software Updates> Check for Updates.
- Retry the storage exchange.
3. Solution Three: Deleting All The .qbt files
In this step we will focus on deleting all the .qbt files both in the Headquarters and Remote store, and create a new remote .qbt file.
- Deleting the .qbt files at the Headquarters:
- Follow the path on your Windows OS: C:/Program Data / Intuit /QuickBooks Point of Sale x.x / STex
- Check all the folders and delete any .qbt files you find there.
- At the Remote Store:
- Go to the search box and type .qbt.
- Delete all the .qbt files you see in the result.
- Close all the windows and empty the recycle bin now.
- Now, we will create a new remote file.
- Choose Files> Company Operations> create a New company
- Type the company name> choose the Remote Store Number> fill the Store Number.
- Now try to resend the mailbag from the Headquarters to the Remote Store.
All three methods provided above by Accounting Errors should be able to help you in providing you with a permanent solution to Quickbooks Error 193.
Need Professional Help?
In case you are facing any difficulty with the process, you can contact the Quickbooks help desk by getting in touch with the Quickbooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party helpdesk company with great expertise in dealing with the Quickbooks and related products related services. You can get in touch with one of the Quickbooks Technical Support experts by calling at their toll-free helpline ✆+1-855-481-5338. They provide their services around the clock and across the world.
See Also – Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1904