QuickBooks error 30159 occurs when the user attempts to update the payroll of QuickBooks or works on the payroll of his company. Because of this error, there can be much harm that can affect your company data.
QuickBooks Error 30159 occurs when there is a problem in verifying account status. Deactivated status of the Employer Identification Number (EIN) on a user’s system. This identification number is used by federal agencies to identify a business entity. EIN, aka, Federal Tax Identification Number is required when filing and submitting federal tax forms.
Users can apply from an EIN online. This makes it easy for them to acquire an employer identification number. The basic requirement of getting an EIN is that your business should be located in either United States of in one of its territories. Also, you need a valid Taxpayer Identification Number. You can contact the IRS for the same.
Note: It takes 2 weeks to a month to get an EIN.
If EIN is deactivated on your QuickBooks or QuickBooks Payroll, then you will encounter this error.
For activating your EIN number in QB, we can input a new one. This will enable you to access all the features without encountering the aforementioned error. For a single EIN, users can process payroll data for a single company file. Using multiple company files with the same EIN will cause unexpected errors. Also, there is an upper limit on the number of companies that you can add for a single subscription of QB Payroll. Each of these companies must use a unique Employer Identification Number.
- 1 Causes of QuickBooks Error 30159
- 2 The symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 30159
- 3 How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 30159
- 4 FAQs
Causes of QuickBooks Error 30159
- QuickBooks company file gets damaged or corrupted.
- Installation failed.
- Inactive EIN
- Outdated windows version.
- QuickBooks payroll is also outdated.
- Damaged or corrupted windows registry file.
- Affected by virus or malware.
- Accidentally deleted the important file of QuickBooks .
- Corrupted or misconfigured operating system files.
The symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 30159
- The PC is running slow or sluggish .
- And start crashing the active program.
- System crashes again and again at the time of running the same program.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 30159
1. Step One : Install the Windows update
- Firstly Click on the start option after that type update in the search box and press Enter.
- Then the system checks all the updates.
- If you get any type of update then install .
- Reboot the system after completing the process.
2. Step Two : Manually Update
- Firstly start your system then login as an administrator.
- Click on the start button
- Then move to the all program.
- Click system restore .
- After that open a new window and search Restore my computer and press next.
- Then select the more recent system restore point and again press next.
- When the process is done then click on the confirmation window.
- Then restart your system.
3. Step Three : QB Error scanning
- Firstly you need to download and install the QuickBooks Repair Tool.
- After that click on the scan button.
- Once the scanning process is done then click fix QB Error.
- Now restart your system.
4. Step Four : Windows File Checker
- First of all login as an admin.
- Click on the start button.
- After that open the Run box by pressing the window+R key together.
- Now type cmd in the search box and press Enter.
- Then a black screen will open on the Desktop.
- Type sfc/scannow then press Enter.
- All these processes will take a few seconds to complete.
- And after the process is done then the user needs to follow the given instruction on the desktop screen to restore the corruption issue of the system file.
5. Step Five : Using System restore in windows
- Firstly open the system and click on the windows button.
- Then type system Restore in the search box.
- Select System Restore.
- Enter login password .
- Then follow the given instruction on the screen.
- Once all the steps are done then reboot your system.
6. Step Six : Add EIN to your company file
- Log into QuickBooks.
- Click on Employees.
- Select Payroll.
- Click on ‘Use my Existing Payroll Service.
- A new window will open with the title of ‘Account Maintenance.
- Click on Add File.
- Mark the radio button against Add to Subscription Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ACCOUNTANT. If there is no such option or the radio button is disabled then you already have an active EIN number for that company.
- Click on Next.
- Review all the information.
- Select Return to QuickBooks.
Following these steps, you can easily add the service of EIN to your company in QB Payroll. Once the service is added, you need to verify it. For doing so, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to employees and Select My Payrool Service.
- Click on Manage Service Keys.
- Select View.
- Check whether or not an Active status is displayed besides the service key.
If yes, then you have successfully added a new EIN to your company in QuickBooks.If you are encountering errors or issues while activating your EIN in QuickBooks then contact QuickBooks Payroll Support. They can easily resolve QuickBooks error 30159 for you. You can get assistance through call, chat and email. For more information, contact us at 📞+1-855-481-5338(Toll Free).
You might also interested to read topic on Get Help to Solve QuickBooks Error 30005
How does QuickBooks error 30159 affect your system?
💠 Your system starts crashing with this error frequently when running the same program.
💠 The system is slowly performing or running.
💠 An active program starts crashing as soon as an error appears.
What are the different ways to fix QuickBooks error 30159?
There are multiple ways to get rid of this error:
💠 Manually updating your system
💠 QuickBooks error scanning
💠 Performing Disk Cleanup
💠 Using System Restore in Windows
💠 Adding EIN to your company file
How do I install Windows updates?
Installing Windows updates can also help you to fix QuickBooks error 30159:
💠 In the beginning, click Start
💠 Type update within the search bar and then hit Enter
💠 Now, the system looks for updates if any
💠 In case, it found any updates then install all of them
💠 To end this process, you have to reboot the system to save all the changes made.