Rectify the QuickBooks error 3371 message, which appears when you activate or Open QuickBooks due to the missing company file in one go with the below-article.
- 1 What is QuickBooks 3371 Error?
- 2 Reason of “QuickBooks Error 3371” while open QuickBooks
- 3 Solution to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
- 4 FAQs
- 4.1 1. What are the leading reasons behind QuickBooks error 3371?
- 4.2 2. How to rename the Entitlement file in Windows 7 while fixing QuickBooks Error 3371?
- 4.3 3. What to do if the program data folder is not appearing?
- 4.4 4. What are the properties of the file that need to open the company file without any error?
What is QuickBooks 3371 Error?
Unfortunately, at times while activating or opening QuickBooks software on you computer you may encounter with QuickBooks Error 3371 and get the following error messages:
“Could not initialize license properties. QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
“Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
“Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
Reason of “QuickBooks Error 3371” while open QuickBooks
There is no doubt in the fact that QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software to meet all kinds accounting requirements. However, any kind of glitch can put a halt on all your accounting and financial activities. And QuickBooks Error 3371 is one such problem that might prove to be quite detrimental for your business.
This error on QuickBooks generally occurs whenever a specific file or component needed by QuickBooks to run is missing or gets damaged:
- Qbregistration.dat – This is an installation file needed by QuickBooks, as it includes all the license information of QuickBooks. Whenever, you try to activate QuickBooks, the license details needs to be retrieved as well as validated. If this file is corrupted, QuickBooks won’t open.
- Damaged MSXML component –It is an important component of Microsoft required by QuickBooks to run. MSXML assists QuickBooks to retrieve all the information in the Qbregistration.dat file, enabling QuickBooks to open.
- In addition to this, QuickBooks Error 3371 may occur due to outdated Windows OS or even an expired antivirus that protects a few QuickBooks files. Also this error can occur when you try to open the file without saving it.
Solution to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
This plague or headache you may call has been creeping into every user’s QuickBooks software for donkey’s years. Each time, people stumble upon this issue, there have been applied several troubleshooting methods to ensure that the QuickBooks error 3371 is rectified. The one that is most recommended for people to follow and gain hundred percent successes is the step by step guide mentioned below-
There are two conditions before you carry out the troubleshooting. The first one is having all the updates installed in Windows. The second one is that you have the license number and the product number of your QuickBooks Software handy.
You are ready to start now:
- Make sure you have the latest version of QuickBooks. You need to download the exe file which is the main element in the whole process you are going to follow
- Run the tool by clicking on it twice
- Try and open the file from QuickBooks directly. To do this, you need to select Open or Restore Company from the File Now select the radio button to choose either company file or back up file. After this you need to find the location of the file and select the file. From the option Accountant’s copy, you got to select Convert Accounts Copy Transfer File
- After the file has been selected successfully, you need to hold the Alt key and click Open. In case QuickBooks pops up a login window, you can skip the Alt Key process and then fill in the credentials to log in
- Now you can hold the Alt key and click Open. While this step is done, make sure the Alt key is help until the file has opened successfully otherwise there are chances that an error message occurs
- Now move the file to a new location. If you are unable to shift the file to a different location, there are probabilities that someone else must be using the file at the same time. You might want to find out the user and request the user to log out. Once done, you should copy and paste the file once again
- You got to know the properties of the file. The file should QuickBooks Company File with a minimum size of 7 MB. Once confirmed, rename the company file
- One thing to note while renaming is that the characters shouldn’t not be more than three letters
- All the files should have the extension .qbw or .qbb. If not, then the files should be changed with the mentioned extensions. Enter and save the new file
- Now it is time to open the file from the new location where it was saved earlier
- You need to turn off the multi user mode if it is on. You can do this by clicking on the message Stop hosting multi-users from the File By clicking on the message, you will be redirected to certain steps that need to be accomplished
- After every process has been completed, the universal step to be followed, restart the system
Trust me! Many people having followed these troubleshooting steps have been successful in achieving the desired result of getting rid of this extremely annoying error. The most important thing to keep in mind is to update your anti-virus software as analysis of this error code has concluded that one of the most adamant reasons of this situation can be old or vulnerable ant-virus software that must have been giving way to all the malwares from entering into your system and infecting the important files.
However, if you still continue to get the QuickBooks 3371 error, do the following:
- Re-create damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml
- Troubleshoot installation errors with the help of QuickBooks Component Repair tool.
- Do a clean install.
Get technical help to resolve QuickBooks error 3371
In most cases, the steps mentioned above have been promising to take care of your problem (QuickBooks error 3371); however in case the matter doesn’t seem to be resolved, you can always contact Intuit Support who are highly skilled and trained in such technical issues, and you will be glad to be contacting them as you are sure to get your solution. There are two ways of getting in touch. You may either call toll free number of QuickBooks technical support or email them. Both the ways are equally recommended owing to their quick and efficient services. Let go off your worry as there is someone to take care of them. For more help, Call us ✆+1-855-481-5338.
Related Errors – Guide to Fix Quickbooks Error 6000, -305
1. What are the leading reasons behind QuickBooks error 3371?
💠 Missing QBregistration.dat file
💠 Corrupted MSXML component
💠 Missing Windows Update
💠 Antivirus software interrupts the program.
2. How to rename the Entitlement file in Windows 7 while fixing QuickBooks Error 3371?
💠 Locate C:programDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv
💠 Now rename the file
💠 Once you run QuickBooks, it will generate a new file.
3. What to do if the program data folder is not appearing?
💠 Follow the Computer path.
💠 Hit on Organize
💠 Choose the folder appearing next to search options.
💠 Select Hidden Files & Folders
4. What are the properties of the file that need to open the company file without any error?
💠 The minimum size should be 7MB
💠 Don’t include more than three characters.
💠 Files must be .qbw or .qbb extension