How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 50197
Unrecoverable Errors like 50197 in QuickBooks can be really problematic. It leads to the program encountering critical application faults. Users face this error while attempting to open the QuickBooks Error file that is followed by the error message “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close” and it simultaneously displays any one out of 50 numeric error codes like the Error code 50197. The error codes consist of 10 digits that get displayed as ‘5 digits <space> 5 digits’ sequence (50197).
Reason for the QuickBooks Error 50197
One main cause behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Unrecoverable error during startup is when the application is closed and there are a number of windows open on the system. Due to User-driven ‘My Preferences’ to preserve “Desktop Settings” only one user would be able to log-in.
Step 1: Don’t Let QuickBooks Open All Windows During Start-Up
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon along with pressing the Alt key
- Enter password if needed by releasing the Alt key > Click Next > OK
- Press the Alt key again once the file is opening
- Release the Alt key after the file opens completely
- After opening the file, change My Preference settings to save the desktop
Step 2: Open a Sample File
If you are unable to open the file with the User passwords, check if the sample file opens by following the steps below:
- Ensure that QuickBooks is closed to move to step 2
- 2. Double-click the QuickBooks icon & press Ctrl key immediately after that
- The application displays a ‘No Company Open’ screen
- On the No Company Open screen> Click Open a sample file button
- Select any of the sample files and if prompted to restore or update the file click on Ok and continue
- If you are unable to open the company file but able to access the sample file, chances are the company file is corrupted
Step 3: Copy QB File on Desktop
To check if the storage location isn’t affected, you can copy and try to open the QuickBooks file on to the desktop. If the file does open by saving to a different location, there are chances that the location may be exceeding the QB file storage path limitation. But, if still the file doesn’t open despite saving it to the new location, then there are chances that the file may be corrupted itself.
Follow the above steps to check if the error gets resolved. If not you can Restore QuickBooks Backup file through Auto Data Recovery or perform QuickBooks clean installation. In case you need further help in resolving the QuickBooks Error 50197 you can contact AccountingErrors. We have experts with years of experience in resolving the toughest of errors in QuickBooks who can help troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 50197 by following several other solutions to fix the problem. They have the best tools to ascertain the root cause of the issue and proceed in the right order to get the QuickBooks Error 50197 out of the way.
Our advisors are available 24*7 on toll-free helpline 1855-481-5338. For any further questions or query, you can also chat live with our expert. Alternatively, you can write in detail about the steps you have already taken and our expert will get back with the right solution promptly.
Read More Also: QuickBooks Error Code 59
See Also: QuickBooks Error Code 6210
Click Now: QuickBooks Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7