QuickBooks error 505 usually occurs when users attempt to open a company file absent on the system. Get complete insights into the troubleshooting reference of QuickBooks error 505
- 1 Causes behind the QuickBooks Error 505
- 2 Fix QuickBooks Error Code 505 Issues Solve
- 3 Ways of Resolving Quickbooks Error Code 505
- 4 FAQs
Causes behind the QuickBooks Error 505
- Incorrect or damaged .ND file, You don’t have a permission to open the file over the network.
- If the QuickBooks services like – QUICKBOOKSDBXX /QBFX are not working.
- Windows firewall blocking the communication between QuickBooks & Company files
- Unacceptable configuration of hosting.
- Wrong DNS setting.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 505 Issues Solve
The QuickBooks Error 505 code usually occurs when users attempt to access company file outside their own computer, or trying to access a file on their own computer using an incorrect configuration. This error means that there is something blocking the users’ connection to server.
In the following lines, we will show you steps to fix this issue. You should perform them step by step to get better result. If you need any assistance, feel free to contact AccountingErrors Support Service.
Ways of Resolving Quickbooks Error Code 505
1. Solution One: Verify Hosting Process
- Located QuickBooks icon and double- click on it. Next, open to File and select the Utilities tab.
- Now, go through the list. If you see the Host Multi-User Access option on the list, it means that this computer isn’t hosting company file and you are secure to shift on to next computer. Also, keep in mind not to perform any change when you see this option.
- Go to File and select Utilities from the list. Next located “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.” option and click on it. This will stop the computer from running as the host computer.
- You need to perform the same steps on all other computers, leaving only the real host computer.
2. Solution Two: Verify Services are running properly
- If you are running an older version of Windows (older than Windows 10), the simplest way to access the running services on the PC is to click on Start button and find the Run dialog box and click on it.
- Next, type in “services. msc” and click OK. This will open the list of services.
- For Windows 10 users, simply press on the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together. This will bring up the Task Manager from where you can access the running Services.
- Navigate to Services tab from Task Manager and then select Open Services located next to gears icon of its window.
After you open the Services successfully, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Name column and find Quickbooks DBXX from the list to sort services list in alphabetical order.
- Next, right-click the service and select Properties.
- Navigate to Startup type and then set it on Automatic mode. Ensure the service status is Started or Running.
- In case the status appears as Stopped, click the Start button in the Properties window.
- Now, click on RECOVERY tab and find the First failure alternative and select Restart option. QuickBooks Technical Support Number. This option enables the service to restart automatically in case the process fails. Perform the same step even for the Second Failure and other Subsequent failures.
This should restart the service and you won’t be facing the same issue in the future.
Need more steps?
AccountingErrors support service is available 24/7 to help you resolve any issues related to QuickBooks. The professionals are well trained and have years of expertise in dealing with QuickBooks issues. If you feel like you require more resolution steps to fix QuickBooks Error 505 call us on or chat with us via QuickBooks Live Chat Support.
Click Here: QuickBooks Crashes When Closing Company File
Is QuickBooks error 505 can be due to damage of .ND configuration file?
Yes, the damaged .ND file might be the reason behind the occurring of QuickBooks error 505 messages. The .ND configuration file permits QuickBooks to access the company file across the network. If this file is found broken or wrong, then it might become a barrier for your QuickBooks to access the file.
What are the primary reasons behind QuickBooks Error 505?
💠 Accessing files from the wrong location or system does not contain the required company file.
💠 The system needs additional configuration.
💠 Wrong firewall settings
💠 Incorrect DNS settings
💠 Could not receive the IP address of the Host system
How can I enable Network Discovery while configuring firewall settings?
💠 Open the Control Panel.
💠 Locate System and Security
💠 Hit on Windows Firewall
💠 Choose the Permit Associate feature appearing on the Windows Firewall Window.
💠 Hit on Modification button
💠 Click on Network Discovery and choose the OK option.