QuickBooks software is as prone to getting tangled in the web of errors as any other powerful software. The software is adept in handling numerous accounting tasks and activities electronically on behalf of the accountants and bookkeepers for their businesses all across the globe. This creates a certain kind of dependency on the software which hampers the work flow when error crop up while working on the business activities.
The positive side regarding the errors cropped up with QuickBooks software is that they are denoted with error code and suffixed with 3 to 4 digits of error number such as QuickBooks Error XXXX. These errors can interfere in accessing company file, malfunctioning of features and tools etc. Considering the nature of the error some are classed under a series of which one of the most common is QuickBooks Errors Series 6000.
One complex error included in this series is QuickBooks -6000, -1076. The main reason behind this problem is related installation of the software. It is possible that the software is downloaded from corrupted link, the installation process is left incomplete etc.
All the user has to do is call on the technical experts of QuickBooks who are trained to look into errors like this and resolve them within stipulated time period. However first it is imperative to ensure the problem is only due to installation process and not because of corruption of company file for which following method of resolution can be employed.
In order for successful ruling out of different reasons, there are few tips and assumptions that need to be followed and implemented.
Points to be kept in mind are listed below:
- Ensure that the QuickBooks software version is totally updated to latest release by Intuit and also is upgraded to latest version and year of the software.
- There is a sure shot way of resolving almost 90% of QuickBooks issues including at times QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076 by including resolution through QuickBooks File Doctor. All the user has to do is download the file doctor tool and install it on the system after which a thorough scan of the QuickBooks software will be done and in most cases all the errors will get resolved.
- This error can come up in both scenarios wherein the user has employed and hosted the software either locally on the system or is accessing it through a server network.
Assumption: For the following method to work the assumption is made that the software is hosted locally and the company file is being accessed from the same system the software is installed on.
Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076
1. Method One: Open Sample Company File
First step is to ensure that QuickBooks Error 6000, 1076 has arisen due to faulty installation or corruption of company file. To do this user has to open a company file sample. In case the sample files gets accessed without any hassle, then the problem lies with the company file.
However, if the error still persists, then the problem lies within the installation aspect of the software.
To check with the sample copy of company file follow instructions given below:
- Within the screen labeled No Company Open,
- locate and select any one option of sample company errors.
- In the situation, sample company file opens up; user should see to resolve corruption within the company file.
- If the sample do not open and gives out same error of QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076, then they should connect with QuickBooks experts to resolve the installation issue.
Need Professional Help?
This should help to narrow down the reason behind the issue and QuickBooks Error -6000, -1076 quite easily. However, for full rectification of the error it is recommended to contact with certified QuickBooks customer support team who is adept in handling all sorts of QuickBooks technical issues in stipulated time period. User can alternatively connect with us through our Toll Free Number 📞+ or connect via live chat on accountingerrors.com.