QuickBooks is one of the most famous accounting software utilized for accounting and finance operations by millions of businessmen across the world on a daily basis. Being extremely helpful in cutting down the unnecessary manpower and increasing the output in minimal time, QuickBooks needs to stay up to date with the daily new needs of its clients. But when it gets stuck with some error, things can get really tough. QuickBooks Error -6010 is one of such errors which trouble clients endlessly. Accountingerrors help-team is going to resolve this error in this article.
What is QuickBooks Error -6010?
At times when we are trying to open a company file on our system, we are faced with a dialogue box due to an error, saying- Error: 6010 While trying to open the company file in QuickBooks. Consequently, you will not be able to open the Company file and no other function will work meanwhile.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error -6010
If you have moved your company file from one location to another, i.e. Local drive, Hard Drive or Removable Drive, the permissions you need to perform certain actions will be affected by this. It will require you to check the integrity of the company file.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error -6010?
Just follow the simple steps provided by Accountingerrors Help Desk below to ensure that your QuickBooks runs smoothly:
1. Method One:
- Browse through your QuickBooks folder and open the Company file, then right-click on it to see the menu containing
- Now, move to the Security tab and select it.
- You will have to select all the users manually and then give Full Access to them by clicking the checkbox which is right next to allow.
- Now, browse to the option Advanced, from here move to the tab named
- Grant administrator rights to the
- Click on the button Advance Security Settings window will collapse.
- Press Ok again to shut down the Properties
Check if the problem is resolved by now. If not, follow on to the next method.
2. Method Two:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del On your Windows 7 to open the Task Manager.
- In the new window that opens up, navigate through Processes and Details You will see many of the QuickBooks services running there.
- We want to find the exe file which is supposed to be causing this error.
- We will leave only one process running, close down all the others.
- If there is a Commerce Sync connection, then repeat the above-mentioned method again.
Need Professional Help?
You should be able to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6010 on your Windows OS by following the methods provided above by our Accountingerrors Help-team. In case you face any difficulty with following the process or you require any other help related to QuickBooks products, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party company with a trained team on their Help Desk. They deal with QuickBooks related problems efficiently. You can get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Technical Support Experts by calling at their toll-free number ✆. They are available 24*7 to provide you with QuickBooks software help.