QuickBooks Error 6123
Do you know while trying opening or while using a QuickBooks Desktop file in a multi-user mode or over a network; you can experience the Error code 6123?
Reasons for QuickBooks error 6123
Wondering why you may experience this error? Below we have given some possible reasons due to which you may get this QuickBooks error. You may get this error if:
- The network connection with the computer where it is hosted is disrupted.
- The firewall setting is disturbed.
- The QuickBooks database service is running.
- The name of the host computer is changed.
- You are trying to take a backup directly on a flash drive or any other kind of storage device.
How to fix QuickBooks error code 6123
In this article, we have discussed some really effective solutions that can assist you to fix the error. However, make sure to try out all the given solutions in the order given below:
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Then run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- In case, this doesn’t fix the problem, try Solution no.2
Solution 2: Manually resolve error code -6123, 0
In case, downloading and running QuickBooks File Doctor didn’t fix your problem, then it is suggested to fix the error manually. However, before attempting the below given troubleshooting procedures:
- Reboot your computer in order to close all the programs that might be opened. In addition to this, it will also reload the OS as well as reestablish network connections.
- If the version of QuickBooks Desktop you sue is a single-user installation then turn off multi-user hosting.
Now choose the situation that you think suits your problem. For instance, if you installed or updated security software or firewall lately, you can try to fix the problem by going to your firewall settings. And if you aren’t sure, follow the given below solutions.
Solution 2.1: Check the network connection with your host computer
- In case you have a wired connection then it is don’t forget to check the network connections and cables on both the host computer as well as the client computer try to browse the QuickBooks company file.
- Check whether all the other programs along with the resources located on the host computer can be easily accessed. In case not, reboot the host computer- doing so may resolve the problem. If rebooting the issue fixes the problem, the problem might be with the network. Due to the complexity of the wired and wireless networks, your QuickBooks might not get enough support for network configuration.
Solution 2.2. Check the firewall settings
- Check if your firewall or the security software is equipped with all the latest updates as well as network access.
Solution 2.3: Check for hibernation or standby mode on host computer
If the host computer is either on hibernation or standby mode, it can disable you to access your QuickBooks file. To fix the problem, reconfigure or disable the settings of your host computer.
Solution 2.4: Repair damaged network data files (*.nd)
- Press Windows+E on your keyboard. Windows Explorer will open.
- Go to the folder containing the company file.
- Now right click on the file having the same name as your company file as well as the extension .nd.
- Select Rename and change the extension to .ndold.
- Press Enter. Then open QuickBooks Desktops and then the company file. QuickBooks Desktop will now make a new data file for your company file.
Once done, toggle hosting off and then on at the host computer
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now open the company file.
- Select File and then choose Switch to Single User Mode.
- Select File and choose Utilities
- Now click on Stop Hosting Multi-user access.
- Again select File and choose Utilities
- Then select Host Multi-user access.
- Then select File and choose Switch to Multi-User Mode.
However, if you aren’t able to toggle hosting off and on, it is recommended to reboot your computer in Safe mode with networking and then try again. In case, if you still face any technical problem, feel free to call our QuickBooks error support team at 1-855-481-5338. We offer comprehensive technical support services to troubleshoot all QuickBooks related problems. Our team of technical experts is just a call away.