QuickBooks Error 6138, 105 is related to the company file and needs to be fixed asap. Company file contains all accounting data. This is where QB parses the data from. A damage to the company file can often lead to data loss. This article details the methods through which you can resolve QuickBooks Error 6138, 105.
What is QuickBooks Error QuickBooks Error 6138, 105?
Errors in QB often contain ids in form of a number that help us in understanding the underlying problem. QuickBooks Error 6138, 105 is related to company file which contains all the accounting data. We recommend that you create a backup copy of this damaged file before proceeding with the steps to resolve this error.
What causes QuickBooks Error 6138, 105?
Many underlying causes have been found for this error. In fact, this error can even arise due to network problems. Also, if your system crashes while the company file is being processed then too the company file can be damaged. Virus, malware and ransomware are a few of the malicious software that can damage the company file.
Cause of QuickBooks Error 6138 105
- If the company file is not saved in the server system .
- Also when the .ND and .TLG file is damaged.
- If the QuickBooks software doesn’t have a sufficient permission for running.
- Due to virus or malware.
- Wobbly internet connection.
- Outage of power supply .
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 6138, 105
1. First Method:
- First, users should purchase and install a good antivirus, antiransomware and antimalware software.
- No need to buy these individually as many security software provide versions that take care of all the three.
- After purchasing, download and install the software.
- Perform a full system scan and make sure that there are no malicious software on your device.
Delete all malicious files and continue with the steps provided below:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Select preferences.
- Click on preferences.
- Change the directory for company file.
- Click on browse and select the company file. This will reset the path for the company file.
If the error persists, then continue to the method two with the steps provided below:
2. Method Two:
- Download and install QuickBooks file doctor.
- Run the tool and scan for errors and issues with network.
- If nothing is found then scan the company file with this tool.
- Fix errors and issues of the company file with this tool.
- Close and tool and restart your system.
Need Professional Help?
Open QB. If the error occurs again then contact our QuickBooks experts. These experts go through a rigorous and intensive training regime and have all the necessary certifications for handling user’s query. You can even ask them to remotely resolve QuickBooks Error 6138, 105. To know more, contact us at 📞(Toll Free.)