QuickBooks is, without the hint of a doubt, the best accounting software available on the market. Features such as advanced reporting, advanced pricing, advanced inventory and chart of accounts give it an edge over its competitors. QuickBooks stores all the accounting data in company files. These company files can be created or imported.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error QuickBooks Error 6144, 304?
- 2 How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 304
What is QuickBooks Error QuickBooks Error 6144, 304?
QuickBooks Error 6144, 304 is related to company file which contains all the accounting data. This error arises when there is something wrong with the company file. Multiple incidents can cause a damage to the company file.
Some of which have been mentioned below:
- System shuts down while data is being stored.
- Malicious programs such as viruses, ransomware, malware and so on.
- Security Software.
If the system crashes or shuts down while the data is being saved to the company file then the company file can be damaged. There are many malicious software that are designed for targeting important files and folders in your system. Security software, in some cases can cause this error as well.
This is why we recommend that you buy good security software that are renowned in the market. These will not only help you in tackling malicious programs but also in avoiding deletion of files that are not a threat to the security of your data.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 304
There are too many solutions to fix QB error 6144 304, some of them are mentioned below. One must try each method until the error is fixed.
1. Method One: Download & Install The Quickbooks File Doctor
Intuit provides QuickBooks file doctor that can not only diagnose and fix network errors but also errors with the company file. The tool scans for network errors prior to scanning the entire company file. The best thing about this tool is that it is offered for free by Intuit. Make sure to plug in your system before you begin the scanning process. The process of scanning and fixing can take a long time, depending on the size of the company file.
Here’s a link for downloading QuickBooks File Doctor.
Once the installer is downloaded, install QB file doctor on your system and follow the steps provided below:
- Log into an administrator account.
- Open QuickBooks File Doctor with administrative privileges. Wait for QB to open.
- Click on browse and select the company file.
- Select whether or not the company file is hosted on the workstation or the server.
- Select the right option for the question “Are you on a server or a workstation.
- QB File doctor will scan for network errors and then for errors with the company file.
- Close QuickBooks file doctor and open QB.
2. Method Two: Update QB Desktop
To update QB desktop on your windows, You just need to follow mentioned below steps:
- First & Foremost, Log in to Intuit Desktop,
- Now Move head to Help section & click on the “Update Quickbooks Desktop” option
- In the right top corner, You’ll find an option named “Update Now” click on the to begin the process of update.
- Now Just Tick on the checkbox of “Reset Update” & click on the “Get Updates” Button.
- Once the updation in completed, exit from quickbooks
3. Method Three: Rename The .ND and .TLG Files
If the .ND and .TLG files damaged, then you need to follow mentioned below steps to resolve the quickbooks error 6144 304:
- Just open your quickbooks company file.
- Look for .ND and .TLG files
- Once you found these files, just right click on one file & choose the option rename.
- Just place .OLD in the end of the file name without removing a single character.
- Now do the same for another file.
- Tap on Yes to Confirm the changes.
4. Method Four: Copy The Company File to Desktop
To copy the company file to desktop, you just need to follow mentioned below steps:
- Move to your desktop screen & create a New Folder.
- Open the folder, which contains the company file.
- Just copy the company file & move back to the newly created folder on the desktop screen & paste the file.
- Press & Hold the CTRL key until No Company Open Window Appears on the screen.
- Tap on Open or Restore the Existing Company File
- Now Select Open a company file and tap on the Next button.
- If you succeed in opening the file, then it’s ok. If not, you just have to follow the next step.
5. Method Five: Restore Backup your QB files
To restore the quickbooks files backup, You just need to follow mentioned below steps:
- Start the process by taking an exit from Quickbooks Desktop.
- Now, Press and hold the Ctrl key until the No Company Open Window appears on the screen.
- Click on Open or Restore an Existing Company
- Now, Select to restore the backup copy of the file & click on the next button.
- The user must follow the on-screen instructions to save the latest backup.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞.