QuickBooks is, without the hint of a doubt, the best accounting software available on the market. Features such as advanced reporting, advanced pricing, advanced inventory and chart of accounts give it an edge over its competitors. QuickBooks stores all the accounting data in company files. These company files can be created or imported.
What is QuickBooks Error QuickBooks Error 6144, 304?
QuickBooks Error 6144, 304 is related to company file which contains all the accounting data. This error arises when there is something wrong with the company file. Multiple incidents can cause a damage to the company file, some of which have been mentioned below:
- System shuts down while data is being stored.
- Malicious programs such as viruses, ransomware, malware and so on.
- Security Software.
If the system crashes or shuts down while the data is being saved to the company file then the company file can be damaged. There are many malicious software that are designed for targeting important files and folders in your system. Security software, in some cases can cause this error as well. This is why we recommend that you buy good security software that are renowned in the market. These will not only help you in tackling malicious programs but also in avoiding deletion of files that are not a threat to the security of your data.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 304
Intuit provides QuickBooks file doctor that can not only diagnose and fix network errors but also errors with the company file. The tool scans for network errors prior to scanning the entire company file. The best thing about this tool is that it is offered for free by Intuit. Make sure to plug in your system before you begin the scanning process. The process of scanning and fixing can take a long time, depending on the size of the company file.
Here’s a link for downloading QuickBooks File Doctor.
Once the installer is downloaded, install QB file doctor on your system and follow the steps provided below:
- Log into an administrator account.
- Open QuickBooks File Doctor with administrative privileges. Wait for QB to open.
- Click on browse and select the company file.
- Select whether or not the company file is hosted on the workstation or the server.
- Select the right option for the question “Are you on a server or a workstation.
- QB File doctor will scan for network errors and then for errors with the company file.
- Close QuickBooks file doctor and open QB.
If you still encounter QuickBooks Error 6144, 304, then get in contact with our QuickBooks experts at 1855-481-5338 (Toll Free.)
Read also Resolve QuickBooks 6000 Errors