QuickBooks error 6144 and 301 blocks all running programs. To get rid of this error, the user has many alternatives but restoring the company backup file is the best way to fix this error issue.
QuickBooks comes with lots of features which help businesses handle their taxing, pay and finance systems. The software is a great utility to the small and medium-sized businesses.
It simplifies handling the items and bill generation, it also helps cut down otherwise excessive manpower, money and energy.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301?
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301
- 3 The symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301
- 4 Ways of resolving QuickBooks error 6144 and 301?
- 4.1 1. Method One: Start QuickBooks Services
- 4.2 2. Solution Two : Restore the backup company file
- 4.3 3. Solution Three : Recover the lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- 4.4 4. Solution Four : Change the Account type
- 4.5 5. Solution Five : Create a folder in c drive
- 4.6 6. Solution Six : Copy the Company file in the new folder
- 4.7 7. Solution Seven : Set up the inbound & outbound Firewall rules
- 4.8 8. Solution Eight : Run QuickBooks Database server manager
- 5 FAQs
What is QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301?
If you are getting this error on the screen then it means that you have damaged a company file. You will be unable to open or restore a copy of your company file. The error will appear something like this: ‘Error: -6144/-301: Unable to open the company file’ or ‘Error: -6144/-301: Unable to restore a backup’.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301
- First symptoms of this error is when you will be unable to open the company file or restore a backup of the company .
- Or Damaged or corrupted company file.
- File or docs which are related to the QuickBooks removed or deleted mistakenly .
- Network issues might be the main reason behind this error.
The symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301
- The code is displayed on the screen itself.
- The windows moved slowly.
- System hanging regularly occurring intervals or freezing for a few seconds .
- If the active program windows crashes.
- When you are running the same program, the system regularly crashes.
Ways of resolving QuickBooks error 6144 and 301?
We will follow some simple solutions provided below to resolve the error. Before we proceed, please ensure that you have saved your company files locally before the restoration to avoid the permanent failure of any kind.
1. Method One: Start QuickBooks Services
- Firstly Select Services tab into the Start icon.
- After that in the services list ,select “QBCFMonitoringservice” icon.
- Once the services are started then setup in the Automatic mode.
- And if it is not working ,then verify the Radio button , click on Apply and OK.
2. Solution Two : Restore the backup company file
(Before proceeding with the solution, please note that the files that have been converted to the latest version of the QuickBooks. It won’t open on the earlier versions).
- Go to the QuickBooks File menu and click on Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open or Restore a Backup Copy> Next.
- Select Local Backup> Next.
- Go to the Look In the drop-down, select the location of the backup file.
- Select the backup file.
- Click Open> Next.
- Now, you will see a Save In drop-down. From here select the location where you want to save the restore file.
- When you are about to save the file, type a new file name in the file name field.
- Now carefully read and respond to any message that appears on the screen before you proceed with the restoration.
3. Solution Three : Recover the lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks Desktop has an option called Auto Data Recovery to recover all the lost or corrupted data. This method is an easier and faster way to get all or nearly all of your data back, but this option should only be tried when all the other methods have failed.
- We will create a new folder named QBtest on our desktop.
- Now, we will open the folder where our company file is located.
- Now, we will locate the .tlg file in the company file’s folder. The name of this file will be same as the company name.
- Next, we will copy the .tlg file from the company file folder and paste it into the new folder
- We will go to the QuickBooksAutoDataRecover file which is located in the same folder where the company file is located.
- Next, we will copy the .adr file and paste it into the QBtest folder.
- In the QBtest folder, we will select the .QBW.atr file and select
- Delete the .adr from the end of it.
- Next, we will open QuickBooks.
- We will go back to the QBtest folder and open the company file. With the help of Account Register, we will check that all transactions are there.
- Select file> utilities> verify data.
- Finally, you can move the damaged company file to a different folder and transfer the duplicate copy from the QBtest.
4. Solution Four : Change the Account type
- Firstly click the start icon .
- Then moving to the control panel and selecting the user account icon.
- Now click add/remove the user account tab.
- After that click the QBDServiceuser23 icon and modify the account as per your needs by verifying the administrator user icon.
5. Solution Five : Create a folder in c drive
The folder new user needs to create are as follows;
- Add system
- Add user
Provide a permission for all the entire folder and also click on the share icon for sharing all the entire folder to all the system.
6. Solution Six : Copy the Company file in the new folder
- In the system c drive navigate user option>public icon>Public icon tab>Public document tab then> intuit icon>QuickBooks icon then> files tab .
- Then the user will see the default company file location .
- Subsequently, copy & paste the QB file in the new folder, and don’t use the cut paste option because it may lead to corruption.
7. Solution Seven : Set up the inbound & outbound Firewall rules
- Firstly from the firewall tab, select the windows firewall option.
- Then in Advanced setting tab, move to the inbound rules option then new rule icon after that port icon
- And then click Next.
The port numbers for the different versions ;
- QuickBooks 2015:8019 56725 55363 55367
- QuickBooks 2014:8019 56724 55358 55362
- QuickBooks 2013:8019 56723 55353 55357
- QuickBooks 2012:8019 56722 55348 55352
- QuickBooks 2011:8019 56721 55343 55347
- QuickBooks 2010:8019 56720 55338 55342
- QuickBooks 2009:8019 56719 55333 55337
8. Solution Eight : Run QuickBooks Database server manager
- Firstly click on the QuickBooks icon into the programs list.
- Select the QuickBooks database server manager option from the drop down list.
- After that click and add the folder tab.
- Then search and add QuickBooks folder in the c drive and minimize the tab.·
- In the final step click on the scan icon, and scan the process of the company file.
The solutions provided above should be enough to resolve your errors. However, if you have some other query, you can get in touch with one of the QuickBooks Technical Support Experts by calling at their toll-free number ✆+1-855-481-5338.
Why is QuickBooks backup failing?
The essential cause of the mistake is the inaccessibility of the capacity device that stores the backup file. For instance, The outside stockpiling device where QuickBooks makes the backup file is not, which is not associated with the PC.
How would I be able to backup my QuickBooks company file?
If you want you can easily back up the company files yourself anytime. The user just needs to open the File menu and choose the “Switch to Single-user Mode” option. Again, you have to open the File menu and drop your arrow at the “Back up Company” option. From the window field, you have to choose the local Backup and click on the Next button.
How do I fix error 6144 82 in QuickBooks?
To fix this error, open your QuickBooks desktop account and press F2. Then, go to the File data and location for your company file location. After that, go to the file location and open it. Then view the entire file. ND. Then, you have to rename just by adding an .OLD at the finish of each and every file extension.