There are instances when one tries to open or access a company file but it doesn’t open. Instead, you see an error flash on your screen. Company file errors are one of the most common errors on QuickBooks and one often comes across them. Company File error -6189,-77 is way easier to handle in all the errors relating to the category. Our AccountingErrors team is going to resolve this issue. If you face any problem while performing the operation, get in touch with our QuickBooks Tech Experts.
When you try to access the company file on QuickBooks, you are faced with an error indicating that there was a problem loading the company file.
There are several reasons as to why this error appears on your screen:
When transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw) do not match, someone else is accessing the company file in Single User Mode from another workstation.
QuickBooks Data File has suffered severe damage or got corrupted somehow.
Resolving the QuickBooks Error:
We will explore two methods to resolve the error properly. In case you face any difficulty while going through the procedure, get in touch with QuickBooks Tech Experts to help you resolve the problem properly:
Fixing the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw) mismatch:
- Open your computer and browse the transaction log file. Name of the .tlg file is same as the company file, except it carries .tlg extension at its end.
- Hit right-click on the transaction log file and choose Rename.
- Insert OLD after the company name. It will look something like this: CompanyNameOLD.tlg
- QuickBooks regenerates .tlg files on its own, so you do not need to worry about creating another .tlg file.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue has been resolved. If not, go to the second method given below.
Go to each workstation and exit QuickBooks from them.
- Make sure no Data file is being accessed from anywhere.
- Restart these workstations one by one.
- Move the company file to the local drive of your computer and then move it back to its original location.
- Now try to access the file in QuickBooks.
- Ensure that the problem is resolved now.
These two simple solutions provided above that should resolve the Company file related issue on your QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you require some external help to deal with the error, or if you need assistance with any other QuickBooks related product, get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team to help you resolve the issue thoroughly.
You can give a call at our QuickBooks toll-free helpline ✆+1-855-481-5338 to get in touch with our team.
See Also Quickbooks Error 6189, -816