QuickBooks error 6189 819 is a runtime 6000 series error code that mostly encounters when users try to access/open/create their company file on a multi-user network. Don’t worry! If you’re also facing the same then get complete resolution steps with this blog.
Error 6189 816 is seen when users try to open the company file in QuickBooks.
Note: If QuickBooks is being used in a multi-user environment then the following should be checked and ensured:
- 1 The data file should not be stored in a network drive
- 2 Users should not use a file-sharing device
- 3 Indications of Quickbooks Error Code 6189, 816
- 4 Possible causes of QuickBooks error 6189 816
- 5 How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 6189 816?
- 6 FAQs
- 6.1 What are the indications of QuickBooks error 6189 816?
- 6.2 Can QuickBooks Tool Hub help me to fix QuickBooks error code 6189 816 and how?
- 6.3 How Do I Run Fix My Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub?
- 6.4 Can I resolve the QuickBooks error 6189-816 using QuickBooks Tools Hub?
- 6.5 Why does QuickBooks error code 6189 816 Pop out on my screen?
- 6.6 Is there any method available to move the data folder while fixing QuickBooks error code 6189 816?
The data file should not be stored in a network drive
Users should ensure that the file is not stored in a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device or a removable drive. Such devices don’t possess full computer functionality and are unable to run the QuickBooks Database Manager. This setup can sometimes damage the data.
Users should not use a file-sharing device
File-sharing services, such as Dropbox, SugarSync, Box.net, or other online sync services should not be used for the company file. Certain auto backup utilities available online create errors when used with QuickBooks. To avoid problems, the company file should be removed from the Dropbox (or other service) folder and copied in the C drive of the user’s computer.
Users should also try these measures:Show More
- Users in the US should use Intuit Data Protec (IDP) to protect the company files.
- QuickBooks Online should be used to access QuickBooks from different locations.
- The ProAdvisor’s blog should be referred to for further information.
Indications of Quickbooks Error Code 6189, 816
- Once the quickbooks company files loss the connection
- Once the quickbooks user is not able to open or access the quickbooks company files.
- When the user tries to open the QB company file in the new version & system shows it incorrect.
- When the Quickbooks Freezes, which leads the system to become unresponsive
- The Machine system itself is not accepting or reading any command to open/access the necessary programs.
Possible causes of QuickBooks error 6189 816
- QuickBooks installation steps are incomplete
- Or, the file is already open or used by the other user .
- When you may not have the appropriate permission to access the data or file which is saved in a folder.
- Windows registry gets damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks programs file get damaged or corrupted due to the virus or malware.
- The error may be the result of the difference between exchange log record (.TLG) and the organization document (.QBW).
- And if other users are accessing the QuickBooks using a single user mode.
- In the running time of QuickBooks the important drives are deleted accidentally
- Windows cannot activate properly.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 6189 816?
Users should not use an encryption software on their computers : QuickBooks advises users to not encrypt their company files. Users should contact their encryption software’s vendors on how to disable the software.
1. Solution One: Restarting the computer and server
Restarting your system can resolve many common problems, in this case it can be helpful. So give it a try by following mentioned below steps:
- First of all, Restart the system (The server computer where the quickbooks software originally installed)
- Now, Try to restart each workstation (Note: Workstation are the other computers in a multi-user environment that don’t host the company files)
- Now try to open quickbooks desktop on your computer and as well as on each workstation.
2. Solution Two: Installing QuickBooks Database Manager on the server
The QuickBooks Database Manager allows users to configure the QuickBooks Server for multi-user access. If the QuickBooks Database Manager isn’t available, it should be installed. Users don’t need any license for installing the QuickBooks Database Manager.
Note: To fulfil the necessary QuickBooks Desktop requirements for optimum file performance, the QuickBooks Database Manager must be installed and set up on the computer storing the QuickBooks Desktop company files.
- Users should first select the installer for QuickBooks and initiate the Installation Wizard. They should then select ‘Next’ if the computer is online and can download an update. If there’s no internet connection, then select ‘No’ and then ‘Next’.
- Users should close all other programs and select ‘Next’ and read the terms mentioned in the Software License Agreement. They should then choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’ and then select ‘Next’.
- Now, choose ‘Custom or Network Options’ and select the type of installation.
- If QuickBooks will be run on the current system, then select ‘I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer and I’ll be storing…’
- If the current computer will only be used for storing QuickBooks data, then select ‘I will not be using QuickBooks on this computer..’ If this option is chosen, then users don’t have to provide a license number.
- Now, users should choose ‘Yes, allow access’. They should then provide the ‘License Number and Product Number’. These numbers can be found from the text at the bottom of the window.
- Users should now follow the directions on the screen to install the Database Manager. Once it has been installed, the computer should be restarted.
3. Solution Three: Fix Company File using QuickBooks Tools Hub
The quickbooks tools hub is generally used to fix the common errors including some company file problems. You must give it a try to fix the problem by following mentioned below steps:
A. Step One: Download & Install Quickbooks Tools Hub.
To download & install the quickbooks tools hub, You need to follow mentioned below steps:
- Close all running programs & exit Quickbooks Application too.
- Now download the Quickbooks Tool Hub file (Quickbookstoolhub.exe) from Here.
- Save the downloaded file to a location which is one click away access (Like; Windows Desktop)
- Now open the downloaded file.
- Now the windows will appears with instructions to follow (Please follow the provided steps to install the tool)
- The installation is completed, Now you just have to double click on the Icon showing on your windows desktop to run the tool.
Note: If you’re not able to find the icon on your windows desktop, please click on the windows start button & search for quickbooks tool hub & then choose the program.
2. Step Two: Run “Fix my Program” from The Quickbooks Tool Hub
There are multiple tools in the quickbooks tool hub, which help to resolve the different types of problems users face when opening the company file.
To resolve the issue, you need to follow mentioned below steps:
- Open the quickbooks tools hub & look for Program Problems
- Now, you must choose the “Quick fix my program.
- Next, Start Quickbooks Desktop & then open your .QBW data file.
Hopefully this problem might have gone, If it still persists, proceed with the next solution.
Need Professional Help?
These measures will solve the error in most instances. However, if the error persists, or if the users require need more information/assistance, they can call the QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Team at this toll-free number 📞+. QuickBooks Desktop Support personnel provide 24*7 global assistance.
What are the indications of QuickBooks error 6189 816?
You check the complete list of signs and symptoms of this error code:
💠 Loss of connection to files from QuickBooks Company.
💠 The user of QuickBooks cannot open/access the QB Company files.
💠 Although the user is wrongly opening the previous version of the QB Company file in the current version,
💠 The system suddenly freezes, which leads the system to act unresponsively.
💠 The machine is unable to open/access the necessary programs by taking or reading commands.
Can QuickBooks Tool Hub help me to fix QuickBooks error code 6189 816 and how?
Yes, using QB Tool Hub helps you to fix this error. It has a set of tools that helps troubleshoot different types of errors or problems when opening a company file.
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
💠 Select the Program Problems within the QuickBooks Tools Hub
💠 Select the option Quick Fix my Program
💠 Now, launch your QuickBooks Desktop and then open your company data file (.QBW).
How Do I Run Fix My Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub?
To use this Tool, you need to first download and install it.
💠 Initially, close your QuickBooks software
💠 Next, download the Tool Hub file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
💠 Now, save your downloaded file to a particular location where you can easily find
💠 After that, open the downloaded file
💠 Perform the on-screen procedure to install the Tool
💠 Double-click on the icon once the installation is successfully complete.
Can I resolve the QuickBooks error 6189-816 using QuickBooks Tools Hub?
Yes, you can fix the QuickBooks error 6189-816 and other issues related to the company file with QuickBooks Tool Hub. You have to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub to use it for rectifying the company file errors, network problems. The downloading link is easily available across the internet, click on it and start the downloading process.
Why does QuickBooks error code 6189 816 Pop out on my screen?
Many reasons trigger the display of QuickBooks error 6189 816 for instance corrupted QuickBooks components or missing essential company files, wrong entries in registry folders, issues with hosting processes, or more.
Is there any method available to move the data folder while fixing QuickBooks error code 6189 816?
Yes, you can move the file without affecting the data. To do this firstly discovers the file location with the F2 button and give a right-click on the folder after that choose Copy. Once done, now paste the folder on the external devices like a hard drive or thumb drive. Plug-in the device into the new computer then copies those files to the local drive. Open the file after the launch of QuickBooks Desktop.