QuickBooks is an accounting and finance software which handles the related services for the small and medium-scale companies. It ranks high in all the software of the same domain because of its easy to use interface and attractive services. However, some errors, i.e. QuickBooks Error 83, hinder the progress of your work when they occur. Accounting Errors help team will resolve this issue in this article.
QuickBooks Error 83:
This error occurs when you try to access the company file of QuickBooks stored on your Windows OS based computer system. Whenever you access QuickBooks, you see this error message dialogue flash on your computer screen: ‘An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.’
When does QuickBooks error 83 occur?
This error is related to the multi-user environment. When you do not have the required permission to access the company file, you are faced with this error. To be able to use QuickBooks seamlessly, you need to have the read/write access and delete/create rights pertaining to the location where the company file is stored.
Resolving the QuickBooks Error 83:
There are several reasons behind the error. We are exploring a few most common reasons and their solutions below:
Check if there is a problem with the file name and file path. QuickBooks scouts all the files and reads only full names. Eliminate any special characters you find in the file name.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu, and opt for Open or Restore Company.
- Opt for Restore a backup copy and hit the Next
- From the list of the options, opt for Local Backup and proceed to
- There will be a new window Open Copy Backup. Go to your company file an click
- Another window will open up: Open and Restore a Company, hit
- In the new window named Save Company File. From here, remove any special characters that you find in the file name.
- Save the file.
You will need to turn off hosting on all workstations which have access to the file over the server.
- Open QuickBooks, select File from the menu and opt for
- Browse the list and perform these operations:
- Check Host Multi-user Access. We will move on to the next desktop if the computer is not hosting the company file.
- Stop Hosting Multi-user Access if the computer is hosting the Company file. (Close the Company File as well once you’ve stopped Hosting Multi-user Access)
Following these simple troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve the error for good. In case you face any difficulty in dealing with the solution given above, get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support group. They are a third-party vendor having an excellent QuickBooks customer support helpdesk consisting of amazing experts who deal with various issues regarding QuickBooks and related products.
You can call on the toll-free helpline ✆+1-855-481-5338 to get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Helpdesk Tech Experts.
See Also Fix QuickBooks Error 1612