QuickBooks is an accounting and finance software which handles the related services for the small and medium-scale companies. It ranks high in all the software of the same domain because of its easy to use interface and attractive services. However, some errors, i.e. QuickBooks Error 83, hinder the progress of your work when they occur. Accounting Errors help team will resolve this issue in this article.
- QuickBooks Error 83:
- When does QuickBooks error 83 occur?
- Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 83
- Resolving the QuickBooks Error 83:
- Method One:
- Method Two:
- Method Three:
- Another ways of Resolving Quickbooks Error 83
QuickBooks Error 83:
This error occurs when you try to access the company file of QuickBooks stored on your Windows OS based computer system. Whenever you access QuickBooks, you see this error message dialogue flash on your computer screen: ‘An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.’
When does QuickBooks error 83 occur?
This error is related to the multi-user environment. When you do not have the required permission to access the company file, you are faced with this error. To be able to use QuickBooks seamlessly, you need to have the read/write access and delete/create rights pertaining to the location where the company file is stored.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 83
- When multiple users are trying to access data files .
- The QuickBooks server is restricted to access the company file by users
- Wrong file extension .
- QuickBooks company file corrupted.
- Users do not have any rights to modify data
- Firewall or Browser has blocked QuickBooks files.
- Shared company file or folder is damaged.
Resolving the QuickBooks Error 83:
There are several reasons behind the error. We are exploring a few most common reasons and their solutions below:
Check if there is a problem with the file name and file path. QuickBooks scouts all the files and reads only full names. Eliminate any special characters you find in the file name.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu, and opt for Open or Restore Company.
- Opt for Restore a backup copy and hit the Next
- From the list of the options, opt for Local Backup and proceed to
- There will be a new window Open Copy Backup. Go to your company file an click
- Another window will open up: Open and Restore a Company, hit
- In the new window named Save Company File. From here, remove any special characters that you find in the file name.
- Save the file.
You will need to turn off hosting on all workstations which have access to the file over the server.
- Open QuickBooks, select File from the menu and opt for
- Browse the list and perform these operations:
- Check Host Multi-user Access. We will move on to the next desktop if the computer is not hosting the company file.
- Stop Hosting Multi-user Access if the computer is hosting the Company file. (Close the Company File as well once you’ve stopped Hosting Multi-user Access).
To figure out this issue, you can restore the backup file from the local hard drive
In any case, if your company file is as of now on your server and you want to move it to the local hard drive. This is usually found in C: drive. You just need to open company backup files and proceed forward with on-screen instructions and you are all done with this process. After figuring out this issue, you easily move your company data on your selected server.
Another ways of Resolving Quickbooks Error 83
There are different – different solution is available,when the error occurred will select that which solution are using :
Applying following step to resolve error code -83
Use the Doctor File
- Download QuickBooks Doctor file and install it.
- The doctor file helps to fix the error 6000 83 QuickBooks .
Turn off the hosting mode where all the systems try to connect the company file over the network.
- In the 2nd step select the File section then go to the option of utilities. There you would see host multiple user access. But it is important to know that your system is not hosting your QuickBooks company files.
- Then you see the option stop hosting multiple user access, click on yes .After that opt the option Company file must be closed.
Manually Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83 & Create a Backup
If Doctor File does not work properly on your PC. You can fix manually error code 6000 83
Following These Steps:
- Firstly confirm that you are using a latest version of QuickBooks
- Change the setting of your firewall so that QuickBooks files can be accessed over the internet .
- Also check data file permission
- After that make (.nd) file by scanning the file storing the company file .
- Before going to the next step, confirm that hosting mode is only for QuickBooks database server manager .Not for any other computer hosting .
- Confirm that QBDBMgrN.exe is available on the list of the Task Manager on the Server, if the value in the user name column in the QBDBMgrN.exe row is right .
- Open the company file ,which is located on your windows server computer. Open PC,after that open the company file copy on the desktop .Now if error code 6000 83 is displayed on the screen ,Shared company file or folder is damaged. You can recover your data by using QuickBooks Auto Recovery .
- If a user wants to create a backup of this error, select option manually create a backup, then store in c drive.If you want to restore a company file. In this case firstly change your file extension from .qbw.adr or .qbm to .qbw .
Following these simple troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve the error for good. In case you face any difficulty in dealing with the solution given above, get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support group. They are a third-party vendor having an excellent QuickBooks customer support helpdesk consisting of amazing experts who deal with various issues regarding QuickBooks and related products.
You can call on the toll-free helpline ✆+1-855-481-5338 to get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Helpdesk Tech Experts.
See Also Fix QuickBooks Error 1612
1. How to check your business data?
To process this function, select the File, at that point select Utilities. Select Verify Data, and then select OK to shut down all windows. In any case, that you see “Your data has failed the integrity check” which indicates you need to rebuild your company file. In any case, there are no issues with your information, you’re finished.
2. What damages face while QuickBooks error 83 appears?
Data Damage implies your organization record can’t be perused effectively by QuickBooks. This can be brought about by inside QuickBooks or outside location of file factors. Most of the data damage issues come with an LVL error in the QBWin.a log can be fixed inside QuickBooks.
3. How many alternatives do I have to fix the QuickBooks error 83?
- Alternative 1: Check and verify your company restore file
- Alternative 2: You can restore the backup company file from your nearby hard drive
- Alternative 3: Make a portable company file
- Arrangement 4: Must be sure that you turn off all hosting at your workstations
- Alternative 5: To get instant help, run QuickBooks File Doctor