QuickBooks is known for its amazing QuickBooks Accounting services. It has earned its place among the top ranking software handling the finance and accounting related procedures.
It saves both time and money to help you invest them wherever you like, i.e. your business. However, some errors, i.e. QuickBooks Error Code 301, create obstacles in utilizing the QuickBooks to its full capacity by hindering the processes you might need at the moment.
This error could be resolved easily by following the method provided in this article by Accounting Errors help team.
It is important to understand an error to be able to resolve it manually. And since we are going for the manual troubleshooting, we need to understand both the reasons behind the error and the error itself. At times when you access QuickBooks, you are faced with an error pop-up which reads: “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.”
Causes Behind The QuickBooks Error 301
There are several causes of this error. These are a few:
- Files with .TLG extension (Transaction Log File) have been damaged somehow.
- Another file with .ND extension (Network Descriptor) has been corrupted somehow.
- File with .DSN extension (The Data Source Name) is damaged.
- File with .QBW extension (QuickBooks Company File) is corrupt.
- There is no encryption software installed on your Windows OS.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 301?
There are several simple methods given below which you can follow to resolve the error for good:
1. Method One: Updating QuickBooks.
- Go to Help and check for QuickBooks update.
- If the update is available, proceed with it.
- Once the update is complete, QuickBooks should stop showing any error.
2. Method Two: Rename all the folders in QuickBooks company file
- Find all the files with .tlg, .nd, .dsn and .qbw extensions.
- Rename each one by adding old after the name. (#####old.qbw)
- This step will recreate the new files and will not use the default ones anymore.
3. Method Three: Restarting the computer with admin rights.
- Turn down all the running applications.
- Shut down your computer.
- Turn it on with Administrator Rights.
- Open your QuickBooks with administrator rights.
- The problem should be gone by now.
Following these simple methods will ensure that you do not face QuickBooks Error 301 in the near future. However, in case you may need some external assistance in dealing with the errors or help with any other QuickBooks related product, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team.
They are a third-party company with a brilliant QuickBooks helpdesk consisting of excellent experts who have in-depth knowledge regarding how to deal with QuickBooks errors on your Windows Operating Software. They will help you out with any issue related to QuickBooks. You can call at the toll-free helpline +1-855-481-5338 to get in touch with any of our QuickBooks Tech Support Experts. Call anytime 24*7.
See Also How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15215?